Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv How I would of made Batman V Superman work

Buck Testa

(edited)

Okay, so Batman V Superman sucked, I hated it with a fiery passion for the flanderization of characters to the mind boggling fever dreams that peppered the run time. How would I have done it though? Especially with the limitations of having to establish an entire cinematic universe that have meta humans that all need their backstories worked into it. It also has to work off of what Man Of Steel did.

Number 1: Make the movies focus about the fight between Batman and superman, and make that conflict come from ideological differences.

-Batman (the real one, not the one in this movie) does not kill. Its his one rule, one he follows almost to a fault. Superman causing the deaths of thousands while wearing the branding of a Hero would be MORE than enough reason for Bruce Wayne to want to take him down a peg. In the original version he's basically no better than "Alex Luthor", and probably kills just as many people as Luthor does in the course of that movie.

Number 2: Batman and Lex should of been partners. Lex Luthor should of approached Bruce Wayne and said he knew his secret identity, and he should of used that as an opportunity to try to get him on his side to fight Superman, who again, has killed thousands of people as of the last movie. Lex should of been the one telling Bruce "If there is even a 1 percent chance that he is our enemy, then we should take it as an absolute certainty." 

During the course of their partnership, Bruce struggles with his morals and the real threat that Superman poses. Lex would be the snake in the grass, feeding him everything he needs to come to the conclusion that killing superman is the only answer, while Alfred would be the angel on Batman's other shoulder, trying to dissuade him from following Lex's "easy path." 

Number 3: Retool Lex into the suave silver tongued businessman we know him as. He is not a fighter, but a tactical individual whom tries to get the fight between Bats and superman to happen. He would pull on Bruce's heartstrings, using everything from his parent's death to the lives of his employees and Robin that he lost. Let Lex paint the worst picture of Superman in Batman's mind that he can, exploiting every doubt in the Crusader he possibly can read out of him. 

Number 4: Have Lex show Bruce Wayne the other Meta humans. He will tell the caped crusader that Superman is only the start, that there are other meta humans crawling around in the shadows just waiting to come out and strike. This would allow them to be introduced organically into the story and it would lead into their partnership. Have him talk about how the Joker killed his partner, and imagine for a moment if someone like the Joker had powers like Superman. What exactly would he do in such a situation without a proper contingency plan? "Treating these meta humans with kid gloves like your standard criminal would be dangerous to all of humanity" Lex would say to Bruce, and evidence of such is proven with Superman's actions. 

Number 5: Have Batman reluctant to work with Lex at first, but grow closer to his alluring message as the actions of Superman and their one confrontation (the "do you bleed" part) ends up making him succumb to Lex's message and cuts off contact with Alfred as he does it, symbolizing him giving over to the darker side of himself that he vowed to never cross. 

Number 6: Have Wonder Woman be another voice of reason for Batman against Lex. If she must be in the movie and must be there to fight, Have her be on the Man of Steel's side, confronting Bruce for working with Lex. She knows what Lex is really like, and she thinks Batman is probably of the same ilk at this point. 

Number 7: Have Lex and Bruce work together to make his armor and weapons to fight Superman and Wonder Woman. Their combined resources and intelligence would be able to make an arena of traps worthy enough to fight the proverbial god and goddess two on one. Have them go over every contingency, even while Lex works on his own plans should Batman turn on him. Have Batman suspect such actions out of the crafty devil, but not enough to break ties with the man. 

Number 8: Have Alfred work to try to bring Batman back to his roots once again, even going so far as to talking with Wonder Woman and telling her that this Lex is manipulating him. Have him finally be able to talk some sense into Batman, and then Lex proceeds to double cross him and go on with his contingency plan if his "knight" fails him, including sabotaging the armor and weapons he made for Bruce, turning them on him so he has to use his wit to get out of the situation.

Number 9: Superman, Wonder Woman, and Batman whom would then be reunited with Alfred's help and gadgetry take on the traps and contraptions that Lex has cleverly set up, including a remote controlled machine that could work in the place of Doomsday that has been especially designed to take on the three of them and win. Through their teamwork they are able to defeat Lex, but they are unable to prove that he did any of it without it also tracing back to Bruce Wayne, effectively making him immune to retribution without ousting all of their secret identities and putting their families in grave danger. Even as they win the battle, they only really maneuvered into a stalemate with Lex.

Number 10: Have the reason they will go and find the other meta humans now be because Lex is a serious danger to them, and none of them can really touch the man unless they go outside of their own moral codes. Lex meanwhile is using the alien tech and knowledge in his possession to contact the Darkseid, simply saying "I have a proposition for you..." 

His goal, to eradicate all threats he sees against humanity, even if it means playing his dangerous games with the gods and challenging them into the war that ends all wars. He thinks he can maneuver and out think them all, but he may be getting over his head with the warlord from the other world.

These points would be the foundation I would write my script on. It would result in the same tie ins that this movie did, and it wouldn't require the bastardization of characters like this one seemed to have.  

Edited by Buck Testa
  • Brohoof 1

No problemo, I just need a few million dollars XD

more then that, because you also need the permission to use the licensed stuff in this movie which most likely won't be sold to you. Anyway your idea indeed sound sbetter then the whole setup to this movie but I didn't think it was good anyway when I saw the first trailer so I didn't have any hope for it. And  i was 100% right

more then that, because you also need the permission to use the licensed stuff in this movie which most likely won't be sold to you. Anyway your idea indeed sound sbetter then the whole setup to this movie but I didn't think it was good anyway when I saw the first trailer so I didn't have any hope for it. And  i was 100% right

I would rather sit through a double feature of Batman and Robin followed by Superman 4: A quest for peace than sit through that terrible movie again. I thought it would be a mess, but I didn't think it would be as horribly bad as it was. I cannot describe how livid I felt walking out of that theater. It was Dragon Ball Evolution levels of not understanding the source material.