Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's up with the theme song in the first movie?

DerpyFIM4

I think at that point they needed to indicate that it's actually an MLP movie despite featuring human characters. I gotta say I quite like it. The music is probably the one thing about the first EQG I actually like a lot.

• Brohoof 3

Probably to make it sound more trendy.

To "upgrade their style" for 2013 a bit? Hmm, could be.

Honestly I love it, but that's just my opinion.

You are free to have that opinion :)

I think at that point they needed to indicate that it's actually an MLP movie despite featuring human characters. I gotta say I quite like it. The music is probably the one thing about the first EQG I actually like a lot.

Yes, but, in 2017, there's gonna be a pony movie.

IMO, Rainbow Rocks has the best music. And I do'nt mean things like "Battle" and "Welcome to the Show" I mean things like "Tricks up my sleeve" and "Friendship thru the ages".

One thing none of us has considered is that it's a *movie*, it could have been to make the theme song longer.

I actually really really like the theme song in the first Equestria Girls movie.

It feels and sounds like one of the song remixes found within this fandom that I actually enjoy.

• Brohoof 2

Yes, but, in 2017, there's gonna be a pony movie.

True, but at the time the first EQG came out the 2017 movie hadn't been officially announced yet, making EQG for all intents and purposes the first FiM movie, despite being set in another world.

• Brohoof 2

I love the current theme song so It's kind of okay. It made it "feel" more like a my little pony movie.

I didn't like the way they adapted the song though , it didn't sound right to me.

I don't think Hasbro intended it to be an MLP 2.0 but rather more on the lines of an MLP spin-off. That's probably why they went with a remixed MLP theme, sort of like their way of saying, "it's going to be similar to the show but a little different and we hope you like it"

• Brohoof 1

True, but at the time the first EQG came out the 2017 movie hadn't been officially announced yet, making EQG for all intents and purposes the first FiM movie, despite being set in another world.

How'd you think of that? That's great! You're a true genius, my friend.