Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I was just thinking....

Ezio Auditore

Yeah, me too. Still, she must have some connection to Celestia, since they are both alicorns, know Twilight well, and Celestia was the officiant at her wedding.

As for the connection, she could just be from another royal family, if the show never "officially stated" she was a niece.

All royalty know of each other ... ie Burke's Peerage - the English book that keeps track of all members of Royalty and Titles - or did - around the 1800s (not sure if they are still printing it).

• Brohoof 1

I think Luna may actually be Discords daughter. Because I heard something about season 3 where he breaks free again and instead of trying to wreak chaos, he looks for his "baby daughter"...

Speculation is easy.

Cadance is a mysterious character. She obviously has some sort of explaination behind as hasbro are smart enough to not put a random alicorn in the mix without some sort of royal reason.

Probably we will never really get a satisfactory answer due to the fact that the primary demographic isn't intrested in logic they just like cool looking princesses and the more of those they get the more toys get sold.

That being said I have a theory that has been banging around in my brain for a while now. What if Cadence isn't an alicorn maybe she is just a horned pegasus (or winged unicorn). The way I see it Luna and Celestia have to be equal parts earth pony, pegasus, and unicorn. Now we know that due to genetics two earth ponies can produce pegasus and unicorn offspring (ie the Cake twins) maybe there is a rare condition that allows the offspring of a unicorn-pegasus couple to have the traits of both. Because the resulting foal looks so much like the Princesses she is sent to Canterlot and given an honorary title.

I think Cadence IS an Alicorn, if you notice so far all the Alicorns we have seen have a super powerful thing that they do. Celestia raises the sun and Luna raises the moon. Cadence makes other ponies feel love - in the show they showed two prime examples of this - she makes the couple fighting stop fighting, and her love power overcame the spell Chrysalis put on Shining Armor. [Not to mention the final triumph, but since that's her & Shining Armor together i'm not using that example.] Twilight even states that "how many unicorns can spread love wherever they go? I only know of one." So even though she says unicorn, I'm thinking that the uniqueness of the ability and the impact of their ability is what makes them Alicorns, and not just winged unicorns or horned pegasi.