Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you just not give a buck what people think about you?

cider float

I shouldn't, but I do. Every single time someone criticizes or ignores me I feel like the worst person on the planet, even when that person doesn't matter to me. I can't do anything about it, I just keep thinking and thinking about what I did wrong. I'm such a pushover xD

I only care about the opinion's of people that matter to me. My friends, my boyfriend, those are the only ones that I definitely want to be the best person  I can be for. The random everyday Joe though? I am not exactly concerned about what opinion they might have of me.

• Brohoof 1

I don't care...And it's better this way. I learned not to care after seeing certain idiots on Youtube caring WAAAAAY too much about what others think of them and it was cringeworthy.

Then there's my ex boyfriend...I used to care so much what he thought about me...But years later I realized he was actual garbage and with that said why should what he thinks about me matter? The fact that he thinks I need his validation is just vile and hopefully he is miserable caring too much of what others think about him.

• Brohoof 1

I never care what people think of me. Some people are nice and some of them suck. I can't control that. All I can do is live my own life and try to think nice stuff toward others if I can.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

A buck? No, but I might give 50 cents. 75 tops.

It's a popular thing to say you don't care about what other people think of you, in fact in today's narcissistic culture it's more common than many might realize, but not for the reason they think. Most people don't care what other people think because they simply don't care about other people(with some exceptions like friends and family). It's a fake attitude of trying to appear detached and unaffected while really it just shows a shallow self-esteem. Many people who act like this are concerned about how they appear and how it will affect their opportunities in the social sphere far more than the genuine thoughts and feelings of others. But this is pretty in line with basic human nature.

To answer your question honestly, I do care what others think of me to a small extent. But only in so far as it allows me to maintain my integrity and personal freedom. The value of reputation cannot be underestimated.

Edited by Roughshod

A buck? No, but I might give 50 cents. 75 tops.

It's a popular thing to say you don't care about what other people think of you, in fact in today's narcissistic culture it's more common than many might realize, but not for the reason they think. Most people don't care what other people think because they simply don't care about other people(with some exceptions like friends and family). It's a fake attitude of trying to appear detached and unaffected while really it just shows a shallow self-esteem. Many people who act like this are concerned about how they appear and how it will affect their opportunities in the social sphere far more than the genuine thoughts and feelings of others. But this is pretty in line with basic human nature.

To answer your question honestly, I do care what others think of me to a small extent. But only in so far as it allows me to maintain my integrity and personal freedom. The value of reputation cannot be underestimated.

Hey man, when I say I don't care what other people think about me I bloody mean it...If I really did care I would complain about it a lot.

I often urge other people to not care what others think about them not to "toughen them up" or out of elitism...But because I have been down that road before and let me tell you, it ain't worth it.

My mental health was even worse than it is now because I cared too darn much. Caring what an abusive boyfriend said about me to the point where I thought it was fact. Caring what my abusive parents said about me to the point where I thought it was fact...And so much more.

It depends, I usually don't care at all what the people that don't really know me at all think about me

But if I kinda know the person I get way too fucking worried about what this person could think of me, sometimes I just avoid talking to them just to make them forget a little about me. Makes no sense but I do that a lot ugh

When it comes to some of my friends, family and work I do care what they think. When it comes to random stranger then no, I don't really care about what they think about me. 

• Brohoof 1

I give way too many bucks about people's opinions. Even though my friends have constantly encouraged me not to, I still can't help but get anxious about "What if that one person got the impression that I'm rude?" or things similar to that. It does get fairly difficult at times.

I would say no, but I try not to, and it's hard for me.

When somebody says something bad about me, I get upset about it. Friends and family tell me not to care about what other people think about me, especially from people I don't know. It takes me days to get over it and simply accept that I just can't please everyone.

​Well the thing about thinking, is that thinking something has no bearing on reality. You can think whatever crazy, batshit insane thing you want, but in the real world nothing changes simply because you think something.

I care if people think I'm a jerk,shallow, cold, etc. That is not the kind of person I want to be, so yes, to an extent I care what other people think so I can better myself. 

• 3 years later...

To some extend yea, but not enough to make me hate myself. Life already did that job for me. :bedeyes:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I learned a long time ago that there are two kinds of people in this world: People who appreciate my sense of humor and people who can go fuck themselves.

in all seriousness, the only ones whose opinions I care about are those who I care about. Like my friends.

Edited by Stone Cold Steve Tuna
  • Brohoof 3