Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I was just thinking....

Ezio Auditore

Celestia and Luna could also have a brother who sired Cadence. Maybe he is busy reigning over another pony world, I'm going to guess that his job is to bring on Lunchtime!

Or maybe he's the weirdo brother they keep locked in the dungeon.

Edited by PixiGlow
  • Brohoof 1

I had already thought about this when they mentioned Prince Blueblood, Celestia's nephew.

Anyways, they never say that Cadence is Celestia's niece, I dunno if it is said on the toy package or anywhere else, but if it wasn't in the show I wont consider it canon and that's all.

I had already thought about this when they mentioned Prince Blueblood, Celestia's nephew. Anyways, they never say that Cadence is Celestia's niece, I dunno if it is said on the toy package or anywhere else, but if it wasn't in the show I wont consider it canon and that's all.

I believe Cadence being Celestia's niece was stated in various episode descriptions, but yeah, it never was mentioned in the show so I take it with a grain of salt as well. ;)

If Cadance is only like 10 years older than Twilight seeing as she was her foalsitter, she couldn't be Luna's daughter since she was on the moon at that time.

Or Alicorns could stay young for a very long time, and then suddenly become an adult. So although she looked 15 or so, she was actually around 1000 years old. Unlikely, but possible.

I believe Cadence being Celestia's niece was stated in various episode descriptions, but yeah, it never was mentioned in the show so I take it with a grain of salt as well. ;)

Ya I remember that, I kept expecting it to be mentioned in the show but it never was, so now I have no idea what to believe....

Or Alicorns could stay young for a very long time, and then suddenly become an adult. So although she looked 15 or so, she was actually around 1000 years old. Unlikely, but possible.

I guess that could be the case, but i think she really was young, since her playfulness when being with Twilight seemed pretty genuine.

Ya I remember that, I kept expecting it to be mentioned in the show but it never was, so now I have no idea what to believe....

Yeah, me too. Still, she must have some connection to Celestia, since they are both alicorns, know Twilight well, and Celestia was the officiant at her wedding.

I guess that could be the case, but i think she really was young, since her playfulness when being with Twilight seemed pretty genuine.

Alicorns cold just age, both physically and mentally, at a different rate than most ponies.

Without any input from the show, its very difficult to explain Candances origin.

We have confirmation from Lauren herself that Luna is Celestias only sibling. So it leaves us with few options

1) Shes Celestias daughter, due to alicorns being immortal, she could have had Candance at any time. Keeping their immortality in mind, its doubtful they age like other ponies, so even though she only appeared a teenager in twilights flashbacks, she could be alot older then that, as pointed out by several people in this thread already

2) All alicorns are related in some manner and she isnt directly related to Celestia or Luna at all and is a princess of another continent.

3) shes lunas daughter, but due to her being on the moon for 1000 years, this would place candance as being as old as the two sisters, which seems unlikely.

Probably we will never really get a satisfactory answer due to the fact that the primary demographic isn't intrested in logic they just like cool looking princesses and the more of those they get the more toys get sold.

That being said I have a theory that has been banging around in my brain for a while now. What if Cadence isn't an alicorn maybe she is just a horned pegasus (or winged unicorn). The way I see it Luna and Celestia have to be equal parts earth pony, pegasus, and unicorn. Now we know that due to genetics two earth ponies can produce pegasus and unicorn offspring (ie the Cake twins) maybe there is a rare condition that allows the offspring of a unicorn-pegasus couple to have the traits of both. Because the resulting foal looks so much like the Princesses she is sent to Canterlot and given an honorary title.

See, this is the problem I see with Cadence and to a degree Blueblood. The fact that they are presented as royalty without establishing a prior backstory can well, leed to some rather strange specullation.

Maybe Celestia has a brother that rules on the opposite side of Equestria :blink: . Maybe he moves the sun around the other half of the planet; since after the sun sets Celestia wouldn't have a clear line of sight to use her magic on the sun to move it. This is all just my theory I came up with though...

Edited by Haywire

I wanna say that with Cadence's color scheme the likelyhood of her being Celestia's daughter is definietely a possibility because Luna is Celestia's only sister. I would think it possible that they do have other reletives that could have sired BlueBlood because Alicorn's don't pop up out of no where.