Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who wants the storyline to be like a comic storyline?

Blu Starset

Sorry if I got you confused. What I'm saying is that do you guys want the movie to reenact the comics' storyline like the siege of the crystal empire? I don't know how to make a poll, so yeah. Opinions fire away...

well not reenacting any of the storylines from the comics but having a more darker tone like the comics (which also have some good humor and younger children can read) is a thing  I would like to see

• Brohoof 1

well not reenacting any of the storylines from the comics but having a more darker tone like the comics (which also have some good humor and younger children can read) is a thing I would like to see

I actually think that's what it's going to be. In theaters Hasbro has a LOT more leeway than on TV.

I'm sure they can handle things on the level of a post-apocalyptic dimension or vampire ponies, like in the comics. Oh, and there better be 4th wall breaking!

Edited by TheAnimatorOfficial

They meant the MLP comics.

Those are what I'm talking about, what other comics did you think I was referring to?

Those are what I'm talking about, what other comics did you think I was referring to?

Oh, sorry. Though this thread was originally about the Marvel/DC comic storyline.

Anyways what's wrong with the comics? Even if they are not well arced they still have great ideas and a unique tone which would be great for the movie. It would make Hasbro a LOT more money due to attracting a wider audience.

Oh, sorry. Though this thread was originally about the Marvel/DC comic storyline.

Anyways what's wrong with the comics? Even if they are not well arced they still have great ideas and a unique tone which would be great for the movie. It would make Hasbro a LOT more money due to attracting a wider audience.

If this was the case the comics would be doing a lot better. It may be more "unique", but that doesn't change the fact that almost all attempts have fallen flat on its face from an awful romance plot in an underwhelming alternate universe plot, to an awful western featuring the butchering of Twilight's character, to fucking Sombra getting redeemed, two words that should never go together, oh and an even worse romance than that in Reflections 

Being darker or more serious for the sake of drawing more people is rarely a good idea. Just let the Friendship is Magic movie be Friendship is Magic, that what got people to love it, it doesn't need to be something it isn't

Again, dark for the sake of being dark, dosen't equal more money.

Also, the comics suck. They have barely redeeming qualities and the stories are a mess. If we go that route, DHX dosen't need to make a movie at all.

• Brohoof 1

If this was the case the comics would be doing a lot better. It may be more "unique", but that doesn't change the fact that almost all attempts have fallen flat on its face from an awful romance plot in an underwhelming alternate universe plot, to an awful western featuring the butchering of Twilight's character, to fucking Sombra getting redeemed, two words that should never go together, oh and an even worse romance than that in Reflections 

Being darker or more serious for the sake of drawing more people is rarely a good idea. Just let the Friendship is Magic movie be Friendship is Magic, that what got people to love it, it doesn't need to be something it isn't

While the ending was sacharine, sombra being redeemed is 100% okay with me in the comics; Specifically because Sombra in the comics is pretty much 100% an original character, and his entire personality and motivation are designed to work well with a redemption.

Sombra being redeemed in the comics is like megatron in transformers being redeemed: some Megatrons work well for being redeemed (Like the comic megatron) while others like Animated megatron would be horrible to be redeemed.

Past that, the nightmarity arc was good, as was the chrysalis one apart from the Terrible Twilight Sparkle God mode ending. So overall I think the comics are okay.

I wouldn't mind if the movie took a storyline idea from the comics, and improved on it. The Siege arc is a bit of a sore spot with me, so I would like to see it reworked on the big screen.

Saying that I doubt we would be seeing that happen anytime soon.