Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

This would be the perfect ending to the movie.

TheAnimatorOfficial

After a final battle with Cosmos, a result of him killing Celestia, the mane 6 army, lead by Twilight, is victorious. Twilight then visits Celestia's grave and puts down a souvenir of her training with her beside her tombstone. She says her condolences, with the mane 6 behind her, comforting her.

Soon afterwards, Luna proposes that Twilight (especially after her leadership in the war against Cosmos) becomes the new princess of Equestria, having to live in a new grand castle, leaving her friends behind. Twilight at first doesn't want to, worrying about her friends, but her friends convince her to go, saying that she fufilled the friendship in their lives. Twilight, after thinking long and hard, agrees to go on the train to the castle, saying her goodbyes. On the train, she looks through a book, seeing scenes from the show, with one melancholy 4th wall break from Pinkie. The camera then zooms away from the book, revealing the mane 6 (and CMC) looking at it 40 years in the future, with hints at the characters' fates. It then zooms up, showing the sun and moon together, the shot where My Little Pony first began.

End Credits. Possible after-credits scene.

Okay, I'm all for some sad/Melancholy stories, but this to me feels like way too somber a way to end the show? Celestia's dead, Twilight has to leave her friends behind. Yeah, there's that 40 years in the future thing that makes it a bit happier, but overall I'd probably end up walking away left in a bad mood by something like this.

Sounds like it'd be a good end for something else maybe, but not sure it's appropriate for MLP, in my eyes anyway. I wouldn't mind it if the Movie or show ended with a touch of melancholy, but this is a bit much.

• Brohoof 3

Okay, I'm all for some sad/Melancholy stories, but this to me feels like way too somber a way to end the show? Celestia's dead, Twilight has to leave her friends behind. Yeah, there's that 40 years in the future thing that makes it a bit happier, but overall I'd probably end up walking away left in a bad mood by something like this.

Sounds like it'd be a good end for something else maybe, but not sure it's appropriate for MLP, in my eyes anyway. I wouldn't mind it if the Movie or show ended with a touch of melancholy, but this is a bit much.

Okay, maybe take out the grave thing and it will be less melancholy. But I still think death and moving on are great aspects of a grand finale.

Replace Celestia being killed, which will NEVER happen by the way, with her maybe being defeated in some way and eventually passing the torch, and that could work. Everything else could work, I like the idea of the others in the mane 6 talking about the friendship that they have, it could be an aweosme moment to showcase memories. 

If they do that, there will be no stopping the tears. Not from me at least. No shame!

• Brohoof 2

Okay, maybe take out the grave thing and it will be less melancholy. But I still think death and moving on are great aspects of a grand finale.

Death and moving on are great aspects for a finale, I just don't think this in general fits with MLP. I wouldn't mind the show dealing with death and loss and more melancholy aspects in an episode or two, but for the series finale? Eh...It'd leave me in a sour mood, and kind of doesn't feel like it fits with the very cheery, optimistic nature of the show.

Honestly, my ideal ending for the show is probably be something akin to a grand party at the end, each of the mane six and their friends reminiscing on their adventures and how far they've come, and then...continuing their lives, staying together as friends, looking forward to whatever adventures they'll have next. An ending that doesn't try to "End" anything, with more adventures and good times happening off-screen.

Death and moving on are great aspects for a finale, I just don't think this in general fits with MLP. I wouldn't mind the show dealing with death and loss and more melancholy aspects in an episode or two, but for the series finale? Eh...It'd leave me in a sour mood, and kind of doesn't feel like it fits with the very cheery, optimistic nature of the show.

Honestly, my ideal ending for the show is probably be something akin to a grand party at the end, each of the mane six and their friends reminiscing on their adventures and how far they've come, and then...continuing their lives, staying together as friends, looking forward to whatever adventures they'll have next. An ending that doesn't try to "End" anything, with more adventures and good times happening off-screen.

Nah. The party is too cliched. Maybe if they leave it at Twilight becoming excited for her reign, it would be a much better ending.

Nah. The party is too cliched. Maybe if they leave it at Twilight becoming excited for her reign, it would be a much better ending.

I didn't quite mean it literally as in they have to have a party, was just an example. What I mean is just I'd prefer a more optimistic "Business as usual" ending. There's more adventures to come, they stick together, it's just like the ending to another season. Could even leave it open for a sequel series of sorts.

This more or less comes down to personal taste really. I'm a bit tired of the really sad, somber endings to things, not to mention I hate it when huge changes happen at the end of something and I don't get to see the aftermath. Personally, your version of the ending, while not bad by any means, would leave me pretty unsatisfied.

Having Celestia pass on the torch to Twilight and having her become the new ruler of Equestria would be my best bet on how the movie will end if it is the grand finale for all of FIM.

I didn't quite mean it literally as in they have to have a party, was just an example. What I mean is just I'd prefer a more optimistic "Business as usual" ending. There's more adventures to come, they stick together, it's just like the ending to another season. Could even leave it open for a sequel series of sorts.

This more or less comes down to personal taste really. I'm a bit tired of the really sad, somber endings to things, not to mention I hate it when huge changes happen at the end of something and I don't get to see the aftermath. Personally, your version of the ending, while not bad by any means, would leave me pretty unsatisfied.

I would love a sequel. It could be like The LEGO Movie where it leads up to one, except not as Deus Ex Machina.

I would love a sequel. It could be like The LEGO Movie where it leads up to one, except not as Deus Ex Machina.

I think that could be pretty interesting, instead of a one-off movie ending the series, it switches over to animated movies, maybe doing like a trilogy of them or something. Wouldn't want the movies to all be too "Cliff-hanger" happy though.

While cliche, I think the big party ending would be the best closure, but I think the scenes that lead to the end should be more somber. Not of character deaths, but having a more sense of urgency, that shit got real, and the stakes high, and a great sense of hopelessness 

A ending like the Crusader of the lost mark with flashbacks that lave you on highnote would be great.  Yes and a 'adventure goes on" kind of ending be cool too.

While cliche, I think the big party ending would be the best closure, but I think the scenes that lead to the end should be more somber. Not of character deaths, but having a more sense of urgency, that shit got real, and the stakes high, and a great sense of hopelessness

Please no big party. It was the one thing I didn't like about Zootopia.

Please no big party. It was the one thing I didn't like about Zootopia.

Well, I'm pretty sure a big musical number at least, but we are dreaming if we expect some melancholic and bittersweet ending

Why? We're not talking about Discovery Family here.

Still, it'll be a movie adaptation of  a mainstream animated show with young kids as their target demographic. And let's face it, unless it's obscure and clearly for more mature audiences, said works hardly have a more darker and/or bittersweet ending. Sure, there's no stopping them for darker moments in between or at the most climatic moment though, it's not like the animated movies of all kind are short of them  :dash:

Still, it'll be a movie adaptation of a mainstream animated show with young kids as their target demographic. And let's face it, unless it's obscure and clearly for more mature audiences, said works hardly have a more darker and/or bittersweet ending. Sure, there's no stopping them for darker moments in between or at the most climatic moment though, it's not like the animated movies of all kind are short of them :dash:

*cough Inside Out *cough Up *cough Zootopia leaving out the final dance sequence *cough Iron Giant *cough Monsters Inc *cough Ratatouille *cough Hunchback

Little girls have handeled numerous bitersweet scenes before. I don't see why this is any different.

I would be okay with an optimistic ending. MLP always ends with an optimistic ending and leaving everybody with a sour note, would not fit the general tone of it.

*cough Inside Out *cough Up *cough Zootopia leaving out the final dance sequence *cough Iron Giant *cough Monsters Inc *cough Ratatouille *cough Hunchback

Little girls have handeled numerous bitersweet scenes before. I don't see why this is any different.

youuuu........ actually got me there XD. And let me add Toy Story 3. Yeah, those ending, bittersweet, they actually put a more sweet tone than bitter. I think an ending like those works better, as you connect to the characters more.... being one of the reasons I'm so hooked un FiM, I'm all for it

I would be okay with an optimistic ending. MLP always ends with an optimistic ending and leaving everybody with a sour note, would not fit the general tone of it.

Sour note? Um no. Just because it doesn't work out 100% in the end doesn't mean it ends on a sour note.

Sour note? Um no. Just because it doesn't work out 100% in the end doesn't mean it ends on a sour note.

Again, just my opinion. I know i will never change yours, so we just have to agree to disagree.