Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you believe in ghosts?

darkwingmare

I certainly do. My mom has encountered a ghost, and seen it up close - it had weight and was like a transparent person. Also, my friend is very sensitive to the supernatural, so she can sense ghosts, and she's had encounters with more violent ghosts. Also, to those skeptics out there, while there isn't much scientific evidence to back up the theory that ghosts exist, there's not much to disprove it either.

• Brohoof 1

The only ghost related thing I've ever done is just tons and tons of Lavender Town Research. I've never done anything like those things.

Well then, you're probably fine. You shouldn't have to worry. If you want to talk more about it though, you can always PM me. If you're ever wondering about something else.  :twi: I have a big interest in the spiritual stuff and I'm kind of experienced with it. Not professionally, of course, I'm not any kind of medium or whatever. I've just experienced a lot myself since I was little, is all. I think it's fascinating.

Have you ever played such games before..? And if you have, how did it go? Did you play it properly?   So many people do it without realizing the bad things that could come out from it.

I have always wondered that these games are true or not. According to the people's opinions about it, it's 50/50.

Right now, I definitely think I'm being haunted. It started earlier today when I was posting on my Lavender Town Discussion Thread. All of a sudden, a soundcloud page that I left alone for about half an hour just starts playing Lavender Town Syndrome and blue lines flicker across my screen. That scared me, but then later I had paused that song to take a break from writing my latest fanfic (Lavender Town Syndrome: MLP Version) to ask my brother his opinion on the first draft so far. He reads it on my iPod, hands it back, and the song started playing again. Any advice?

I guess this is nothing to do with the Levander Town creepypasta...oh wait. I don't think you are haunted, the best possibility I can think of, it's a dead pikachu from your old tamagotchi in the attic, which you starved to death over the years and now it came back for revenge.

Edited by Kerberossz
  • Brohoof 1

At one point, I did a fair bit. Supposedly when I was a kid, I described the previous owner of my home and claimed I saw him walk through the living room to the office. I kind of remember it too, particularly his distinctive flat cap and blazer and him appearing sort of elderly. As of recent years, I've come to distrust that memory; I was really young and that memory could have easily been a dream or an out of context fib from my parents and the guy actually was a computer repairman. The burden of proof is on child me and child me didn't understand the scientific method.

that being said... I wouldn't mind if I were wrong. Hell, I have a ghost pony as a ponysona. If something like that happened again, I would document the shit out of it with my ever handy notebook. Just so years later, I could know for certain instead of being outwardly a critic but internally stuck on the fence. On the plus side though, being skeptical makes sense for the internet.

• Brohoof 1

I don't believe it because with technology theres no massive amount of evidence in favor of them, most of the time its people being paranoid at unexplained shadows or something, especially at night time when the mind can be more creative with what people assume form the limited sensory information, why do you think no one hunts for ghosts during the day?

• Brohoof 1

Yes, but it's not something that I should be concerned about or go out of my way to seek. Some Buddhists and Taoists (I'm a Taiwanese Taoist myself) believe that they exist, but their ideas on them vary; most see ghosts as just spirits who haven't quite gone past their death (Taoists and Buddhists usually believe in eternal life and death is just a phase of it, and some mix with Hinduism and claim that reincarnation happens as well). And most spirits are just those of typical people, so Taoists/Buddhists don't expect themselves to see ghosts and not have too much issues with it. You're likely to find nothing because ghosts aren't going to go out of their way to get themselves noticed.

Either way, it's a fairly complicated thing, as the existence of ghosts is not falsifiable. Maybe in the future we can use science to understand it better, but as of now it'll be a bit laughable to believe that a ghost is intentionally trying to haunt you and do all the things like you read in creepypasta.

I certainly do. My mom has encountered a ghost, and seen it up close - it had weight and was like a transparent person. Also, my friend is very sensitive to the supernatural, so she can sense ghosts, and she's had encounters with more violent ghosts. Also, to those skeptics out there, while there isn't much scientific evidence to back up the theory that ghosts exist, there's not much to disprove it either.

You can say the same for any sort of religion; as I said before, something not being falsifiable does not mean that one side is more correct than the other. That is fallacious, and if you want to start a debate there needs to be some amount of refutation that is possible. This is part of the reason religion is disliked; a few religious folks don't give others much room for debate and just sound like douchebags.

Edited by Sealand
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I have always wondered that these games are true or not. According to the people's opinions about it, it's 50/50.

Good question! I have never played it myself, I'm scared to the core of something happening or if I'd ever do something wrong. It strictly says in the rules: You shall respect the spirit. You must not be scared but neither should you be taking things too lightly.

I have no idea if it works actually, but I do believe that it's dumb to play with such things. Especially if it's "just for fun".

If I want to know, I'd ask someone who's played it before. To watch videos of people doing it is not any way to convince me, that I know. Videos are usually aaaall fake and commotion.  ^_^

Edited by darkwingmare

I was able to capture a ghost passing by, I only happened to catch it by chance, I was just taking a picture when I suddenly saw it appear on my phone screen as my finger was heading for the capture button. It suddenly got a lot colder the moment it passed by. I took another picture and that mist wasn't there anymore. I took the photo in Miyajima, Japan, people sometimes commit suicide in forests like where I was.

I6WDmpt.jpg

• Brohoof 3

Good question! I have never played it myself, I'm scared to the core of something happening or if I'd ever do something wrong. It strictly says in the rules: You shall respect the spirit. You must not be scared but neither should you be taking things too lightly.

I have no idea if it works actually, but I do believe that it's dumb to play with such things. Especially if it's "just for fun".

If I want to know, I'd ask someone who's played it before. To watch videos of people doing it is not any way to convince me, that I know. Videos are usually aaaall fake and commotion.  ^_^

I've heard a story about one of my relatives, who played that table game with her friends. Nothing paranormal happened to them but 2 of them had pets...a cat and the other guy had a parrot. Both died after a week one after another.

• Brohoof 1

I was able to capture a ghost passing by, I only happened to catch it by chance, I was just taking a picture when I suddenly saw it appear on my phone screen as my finger was heading for the capture button. It suddenly got a lot colder the moment it passed by. I took another picture and that mist wasn't there anymore. I took the photo in Miyajima, Japan, people sometimes commit suicide in forests like where I was.

Japan has alarmingly high suicide rates compared to many other developed countries in the world, so I won't see that fact as surprising, honestly...where do you live, by the way? Are you a Japanese resident?

• Brohoof 1

That's truly fascinating! So it appeared like mist? So cool! I have photos of captured ghosts too, but I can't put them up without permission from my relatives that took the photos.  ^_^

Anyway, that's awazing. Truly an experience that must have been, huh? 

• Brohoof 2

I believe in ghosts,because we have 5 spirits in our house. They used to open doors and move things. Just wanted us to acknowledge their existence. Nowadays,they're pretty quiet.

• Brohoof 3

Japan has alarmingly high suicide rates compared to many other developed countries in the world, so I won't see that fact as surprising, honestly...where do you live, by the way? Are you a Japanese resident?

I live in Melbourne, Australia, I was just in Japan for a one month holiday, I am returning there end of this year.

Actually I previously caught a ghost on film at an earlier trip to Hong Kong Disneyland, I'm pretty sure it's the same ghost "orb" in both pictures.

922XqcE.jpg

It made a cool dash from Fantasia Mickey!

ajLwy9L.jpg

It was just moving side to side here.

Edited by Frequency Wavelength
  • Brohoof 2

I believe in ghosts,because we have 5 spirits in our house. They used to open doors and move things. Just wanted us to acknowledge their existence. Nowadays,they're pretty quiet.

Wow...I guess you didn't have that many visitors then. If i have experienced something like that, I would run away as fast as I can from there.

• Brohoof 1

I live in Melbourne, Australia, I was just in Japan for a one month holiday, I am returning there end of this year.

Yeah, I never went to the Hiroshima area of Japan before, only Tokyo and Yokohoma for two weeks. I kind of want to go back there to the place you visited though, mostly because of its history (most notably for Americans being the first city that got nuked).

I haven't captured a ghost or seen one that I can remember of, though Taiwan also has some places which are claimed to be haunted, and recently there are some people in Tainan, which got hit by a strong earthquake a few months back, that are claiming that have heard ghosts from around the sole collapsed skyscraper that was responsible for most of the causalities of the earthquake (and there is a bit of footage of it, though don't take it as completely legitimate).

• Brohoof 1

I do, because I want to believe that I will experience the afterlife. I can't wait to haunt someone's house and scare the hell out of them :lol: Though I wouldn't try to break anything or kill someone, that'd be horrible of me :wacko:

• Brohoof 2

If i have experienced something like that, I would run away as fast as I can from there.

It's not that scary when you know they're friendly. It can be pretty unnerving when a door opens by itself,or when you see a shadow figure,but when you know you're not gonna be harmed. It's alright. 

• Brohoof 1

I am involved in paranormal stuff pretty much all the time. In regards to ghosts themselves, I prefer to call them spirits. Ghosts are a classification of spirit, being that of a once living being...

• Brohoof 3

I am involved in paranormal stuff pretty much all the time. In regards to ghosts themselves, I prefer to call them spirits. Ghosts are a classification of spirit, being that of a once living being...

looks like someone did their research. Good for you, but what are you doing to get involved in the paranormal?

I don't really know if i believe in ghosts or not....

I always remember that when i was little (so about 3-5 years old) I used to walk down the big long hallway in our house (our house was like almost 100 years old) i would see figures outside the windows casting creepy shadows onto the walls. The weird thing was, that the figures outside could only be seen from a distance and in the light from the streetlights.....

True story.

• Brohoof 1

I believe in paranormal shit. There's stuff that happens that science simply can't explain. And while the only proof you have of these is simply the persons word, you have to experience it to really believe it. So I don't blame people who don't believe cause it sounds pretty absurd when you ain't got any definite proof.

• Brohoof 2

Spirits of the dead, I really don't think so. The consciousness is maintained merely by chemicals interacting in the brain. When the brain ceases to function so does the consciousness. There's nothing magical here.

I won't close my mind completely to ghosts of another origin... BUT those thoughts are so far out there.