Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you believe in ghosts?

darkwingmare

While the creepiness of ghosts is something that I find interesting, I don't believe in ghosts at all anymore. Main reason? Me, my brother and his girlfriend stayed at Waverly Hills Sanatorium for 4 hours and experienced absolutely nothing. Supposedly one of the most haunted places in the entire world and we experienced absolutely nothing. 

Of course it isn't that alone that makes me not believe in it, there are just too many holes in the idea. 

• Brohoof 2

I think there are so many things that go on in this world that we can't explain, that have to do with paranormal activity, that i think ghosts are actually not out of the question.

I think that i never had an experience with a ghost. But sometimes, i get this weird feeling that i am being watched at night.

• Brohoof 4

Me, my brother and his girlfriend stayed at Waverly Hills Sanatorium for 4 hours and experienced absolutely nothing. Supposedly one of the most haunted places in the entire world and we experienced absolutely nothing. 

Interesting! Was it daytime? Were you with a team or just on your own?

I myself don't really believe that ghosts can make sounds and touch things in our dimension unless they have a strong bond with you, which could explain why you didn't experience much. However, 4 hours might not be enough to experience something big. People spend hours and hours in haunted houses without hearing anything sometimes. There might be activity, but it is very rare to actually hear something when you're listening after it.  :squee:

• Brohoof 1

Interesting! Was it daytime? Were you with a team or just on your own?

I myself don't really believe that ghosts can make sounds and touch things in our dimension unless they have a strong bond with you, which could explain why you didn't experience much. However, 4 hours might not be enough to experience something big. People spend hours and hours in haunted houses without hearing anything sometimes. There might be activity, but it is very rare to actually hear something when you're listening after it.  :squee:

It was at night time, and it was just us 3. I know people have said that maybe it wasn't enough time, but that added up with the fact that I have never experienced anything paranormal in my life, it adds up.

• Brohoof 1

It was at night time, and it was just us 3. I know people have said that maybe it wasn't enough time, but that added up with the fact that I have never experienced anything paranormal in my life, it adds up.

Yeah, well, I do respect your opinion, without a doubt.  ^_^ Maybe you're just not spiritual enough to experience such things and that's just fine.

• Brohoof 1

Heh. You know what? I might believe in ghosts, and the supernatural in general, if you can answer the following questions. Don't worry, I'm just going to ask the ghost ones.

If ghosts are real, why can't science find evidence of them? If there are ghost-hunters and ghost-destroyers and ghost-appeasers that get paid by the hour, why do they never get scientific proof of ghosts and get rich for proving their existence? Why does nobody ever meet a ghost, befriend it, pretend to have psychic powers when it's really their ghost buddy moving stuff, and get the million-dollar reward for provable psychic powers? If there are dog ghosts, where are all the cat ghosts and dinosaur ghosts and ghosts of flies and turtles? If ghost energy is released when a person dies with unfinished business, where are all the workaholic ghosts that never finished their jobs, where are the postmen ghosts that went postal and never got all the kills on their list, where are all the ghosts of all the people screwed over by the government and alimony and pretty much anything else, wanting revenge now that they're in ghostly forms? Where are the ghosts of 9/11 victims trying to kill anyone dumb enough to think building an actual mosque there would help anyone besides the evil muslims (The good muslims would just get hate from the angry non-muslims that this will convince even more that they're all evil amoral monsters with world domination on the agenda), and where are all the ghosts of the jews that died in WW2, where are the ghosts of the nazis that were killed for not following orders, where are the ghosts of the nazis that did follow orders, where are the ghost soldiers on ancient battlefields fighting neverending wars, where are the sad kid ghosts in countries where landmines blow up kids that just wanted to play with their friends, where are the ghosts of the murderers and worse that were killed before they were 100% satisfied, where are the ghosts of murder victims that go free due to insufficient evidence or the police taking in the wrong guy? Where are the ghosts of singers and musicians slandered by magazine trash for stupid things after their untimely deaths, like the ones I saw today complaining about prince being kinky and liking what sounded like a very "Sensationalist" (To put it politely) way to describe his very tame and non-extreme fetishes? Where are the ghosts of great musicians and composers furious about the average prole liking crappy music designed in board rooms to appeal to the lowest common denominator? Where are the libraries filled with ghosts that would rather read books for eternity, stay on earth, and maybe send the odd ghostly message to put earth back on track, when Heaven, as is described in assorted bibles, sounds boring, miserable, and really bad, with the "Negative thought-erasing" and "No bad feels, ever" and "Your bad memories are erased, like the memories of your family members that didn't believe in your god, and how those guys are burning in hell when they die" sounding really bad. I think I'd rather stay in a giant-ass library for eternity, if I did have to die and I could pick where my ghost went.

Yet, despite all of this... never once has a single ghost ever been captured on film. No ghost expert has ever proven the existence of ghosts. And if every human ever could have made a ghost, or at least, those with enough willpower or rage or Determination, where are the ghosts of executed innocents, killers come back to murder from beyond the grave, gamers come back to play games, fanboys and fangirls come back to watch their favourite thing ever for eternity, boxers that could have been a contender and easily could now that they have ghost powers, and most importantly...

Why do haunted locations only pop up in tourist traps, where people could easily make money off people dumb enough to believe in ghosts, the tooth fairy, god, vaccines causing cancer, weed curing everything ever, weed causing cancer, weed being invented by satan, and pretty much any mystical BS that only exists to make money for the con-artists selling it?

Post screenshotted just in case someone skims through it, gets offended, and thinks they have the right to censor me. I will not be silenced, and neither will the voice of reason. Religion is dying for a reason.

• Brohoof 1

I don't. In my opinion, the concept is silly because it's basically guesswork by the human mind, trying to assign form to an amorphous fear without trying to understand it first. Doesn't mean I don't get scared... I just try to rationally see through supposed paranormal phenomenon.

• Brohoof 1

I believe there are things that defy conventional explanation, but I don't currently believe in ghosts.  I've never experienced anything or seen convincing evidence that would persuade me otherwise; though, if either of those things ever happen, I'll get back to you on it. xD

Also, if "ghosts" do exist, they aren't necessarily what people typically think they are.  There are things founded in science (albeit science that might not be embraced by the majority of scientists) that make me think that there are some potential explanations that are every bit as "out there" as the idea of a person leaving a ghostly remnant of themselves behind once they pass away.  "Ghosts" could be mere "glitches in the system" or a product of overlap between dimensions / parallel universes, for all I know.  And I don't; I don't know.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Heh. You know what? I might believe in ghosts, and the supernatural in general, if you can answer the following questions. Don't worry, I'm just going to ask the ghost ones.

Wooh, I actually like your questions! I like them a whole lot, they make sense and it's very good questions. I'm a very spiritual person, but neither do I believe in everything that I read in media or all the fake videos out there. However... I do believe people's stories whenever I hear them. Especially the stories of people I know wouldn't lie or exaggerate about stories like that, because I truly believe in them. I've also seen ghosts in photos of my relatives. I remember my aunt freaking out after spotting faces in the windows on several photos. I'm also very paranoid myself and have apparently been talking about seeing ghosts ever since I was a little girl. I'm not religious in any way aside from my personal beliefs. Even so, I hear stuff, I feel stuff and I see stuff to some extent. I've been trying to get rid of these issues of mine for a very, very long time but nothing has helped me. I might be going mental for all I know.  :D  I think it's terribly creepy, but I try to live with it since it seems to be nothing I can help to get rid of.

I cannot defend the believers of ghosts coming back from the dead because they have unfinished business, because that's not something I believe in. At all. I believe that ghosts occur to people that they have a strong bond with somehow. Not all people that die and have a bond come back as ghosts, of course. I just think it's a matter of some special cases, for no specific reason. It just happens to be that way. May it be mentally, through blood or by something else, it doesn't matter. People have told me stories about how they've seen ghosts of people they had never seen before in their lives and some people have seen or felt the presence of someone they loved very dearly when they lived.

About the animal question, there have been moments when both me and my girlfriend have seen "ghost cats" and even "ghost birds", etc. Shapes of animals that just passed by a quickie but when we've looked around, there have been no living animals around there.

I cannot "scientifically" prove anything, because I don't like science. I believe in fairies and ghosts, because in my opinion; it's more likely that things we haven't seen exist, than that all we have seen and experimented on is so important to us.

I mean, what if I turn it around?? You can't prove that ghosts and fairies don't exist, because you have no proof of that they don't. What if they do, it's just that there are no proof of it? Humanity can't prove that they don't exist just as much as they can prove that they exist. Why must we have proof of everything? Why are we so scared of the unknown, when most things we know of would seem even scarier?

By all means, I do respect your opinion. Science makes sense and that's great. I come in peace.  ^_^

I do think some people might lie about ghost experiences or it might just be a little piece their imagination made up. I can also imagine that photos of ghosts might be a reflection of something else, an illusion, something stuck on the camera lens or whatever, but I'm dumb enough to see beyond all this "logic", as we call it.  :twi: It's just what I believe. If I opened your eyes to something new or not with this messy post, is up to you. But I think belief is just as important as science. Thank you so much for lending your opinion and asking all these great questions, I'm sorry I couldn't specifically answer all of them. Have a good one.  :squee:  <3

Edited by darkwingmare
  • Brohoof 2

I think ghosts are apparitions of a parallel universe or time. When you die, you might be in a separate universe or space that's here but not until you are in a living world, again. 

• Brohoof 2

I think ghosts are apparitions of a parallel universe or time. When you die, you might be in a separate universe or space that's here but not until you are in a living world, again. 

In fact every universe over or below ours, is actually overlapped on ours ...

• Brohoof 1

Yes and no. Do I believe in the existence of spiritual entities both good and evil? Yes. Do I believe in the idea of the dead roaming the earth? No, I don't. I think that evil entities are misappropriated as ghosts. As for where I believe human spirits go when they die...that's a discussion for another topic. :)

• Brohoof 2

Who you gonna call? ... The Winchester brothers!

I can't say I believe in ghosts but I don't hush away the theory of something we can't explain yet. There can be million possibilities what are the ghosts we are believe in (or not). Maybe it's just humanity's fantasy but how can you be sure that it'n not a complety different thing?

If ghosts are real, why can't science find evidence of them?

Well science can't prove everything. I mean, we couldn't even map most of our waters. What's in the universe? What is it? There is an end of it? We don't know. Maybe someday we will have the technology to understand what ghosts really are, if they exist.

a product of overlap between dimensions / parallel universes

This is what I think, but it's just my theory. :D

I'm the person who believes in everything if there is a physical evidence of it. If somebody can prove that ghosts are real it's fine.

BTW here's a creepy video of the most possible ghost activities that could be real ;)

• Brohoof 3

Right now, I definitely think I'm being haunted. It started earlier today when I was posting on my Lavender Town Discussion Thread. All of a sudden, a soundcloud page that I left alone for about half an hour just starts playing Lavender Town Syndrome and blue lines flicker across my screen. That scared me, but then later I had paused that song to take a break from writing my latest fanfic (Lavender Town Syndrome: MLP Version) to ask my brother his opinion on the first draft so far. He reads it on my iPod, hands it back, and the song started playing again. Any advice?

P.S. This is not trolling, this actually happened to me today.

Nope, the majority people I know have talked about their experiences at different places...but if paranormal experiences are so normal, why have I never had any of them? Sure I've heard banging in doors and other sounds when there's nobody there, but by investigating I usually find out that it had a natural cause, like wind trough some open window or my cat messing around.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Right now, I definitely think I'm being haunted. It started earlier today when I was posting on my Lavender Town Discussion Thread. All of a sudden, a soundcloud page that I left alone for about half an hour just starts playing Lavender Town Syndrome and blue lines flicker across my screen. That scared me, but then later I had paused that song to take a break from writing my latest fanfic (Lavender Town Syndrome: MLP Version) to ask my brother his opinion on the first draft so far. He reads it on my iPod, hands it back, and the song started playing again. Any advice?

P.S. This is not trolling, this actually happened to me today.

Well, to me, it doesn't sound like any kind of haunting. It seems to be some kind of glitch in Soundcloud, perhaps. I know how Soundcloud can automatically play songs sometimes, without really having a reason as to why, it's just a stupid function of Soundcloud. I cannot explain the blue lines though, that's a bit odd. Signal disturbance, perhaps? Did you have a phone close by or something that could have disrupted the screen's signals? I've never heard of a ghost haunting through electronic devices before though, except for through radio signals and of course, in horror movies. Horror movies are not real, so don't worry about that though.  ^_^

The only advice I can give you is to keep a close eye on whatever's next, if there is anything, which I highly doubt. I would never recommend any rituals, neither would I recommend any ouija games, what so ever. Without respect, anything could go for the worse. Have you ever played such games before..? And if you have, how did it go? Did you play it properly?  :D So many people do it without realizing the bad things that could come out from it.

Edited by darkwingmare
  • Brohoof 1

Well, to me, it doesn't sound like any kind of haunting. It seems to be some kind of glitch in Soundcloud, perhaps. I cannot explain the blue lines though, that's a bit odd. I've never heard of a ghost haunting through electronic devices before though, except for through radio signals and of course, in horror movies. Horror movies are not real, so don't worry about that though.  ^_^

The only advice I can give you is to keep a close eye on whatever's next, if there is anything, which I highly doubt. I would never recommend any rituals, neither would I recommend any ouija games, what so ever. Without respect, anything could gone for the worse. Have you ever played such games before..? And if you have, how did it go? Did you play it properly?  :D So many people do it without realizing the bad things that could come out from it.

The only ghost related thing I've ever done is just tons and tons of Lavender Town Research. I've never done anything like those things.