Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Not getting Notified when getting PM

Tom The Diamond

Alright, so I've been having this problem that I have no idea if it's just me, but I've been experiencing it so much it's gotten to the point where I'm afraid ponies are thinking I'm ignoring them.

Basically, I rarely get notified if I get a PM. I rarely get PMs in the first place, and while I usually do get notified if somepony sends a new PM, I hardly EVER get notified if somepony replies to said PM. I'll usually have to manually check. I've been able to live with this, until I recently looked at a PM from long ago and realized there were a ton of messages I was never notified about. I do have the MLP Chrome extension on, could that interfere with it any?

Alright, so I've been having this problem that I have no idea if it's just me, but I've been experiencing it so much it's gotten to the point where I'm afraid ponies are thinking I'm ignoring them.

Basically, I rarely get notified if I get a PM. I rarely get PMs in the first place, and while I usually do get notified if somepony sends a new PM, I hardly EVER get notified if somepony replies to said PM. I'll usually have to manually check. I've been able to live with this, until I recently looked at a PM from long ago and realized there were a ton of messages I was never notified about. I do have the MLP Chrome extension on, could that interfere with it any?

I have had the mlp forum extension interfere with it, to be honest, with it enabled, the fourm would fail to notifiy me of anything some times, I don't want to blame it on the software, but that seems to be the source. would you like to test it? why don't you try disabling it, and I can PM you once or twice

Tom the Diamond, Y U IGNORE MY PMs?!?

Jerk =O

I tried the Chrome Extension when it first came out and it just wasn't firing on all cylinders when it came to my notifications so I got rid of it :/

You have a Gmail account, and Gmail's spam filter hates MLP Forums' web server for some reason. Please check your spam folder and see how many emails from mlpforums.com have ended up in there. I've had to create a filter to keep them arriving in their proper place myself.

I have had the mlp forum extension interfere with it, to be honest, with it enabled, the fourm would fail to notifiy me of anything some times, I don't want to blame it on the software, but that seems to be the source. would you like to test it? why don't you try disabling it, and I can PM you once or twice

I'd much rather not have to disable it, as it is a quite helpful extension. It's nice to have it when I'm off the site and somepony quotes me. And while it's never done anything for PMs, at least on the site I would be notified if I got a PM, but this rarely happens, if ever now.

You have a Gmail account, and Gmail's spam filter hates MLP Forums' web server for some reason. Please check your spam folder and see how many emails from mlpforums.com have ended up in there. I've had to create a filter to keep them arriving in their proper place myself.

Only two, one notifying me of the Synchtube Thread being moved to Canterlot Castle, and the other about the DDoS. Nothing regarding PMs, which I have had sent to me within the past 30 days.

I'd much rather not have to disable it, as it is a quite helpful extension. It's nice to have it when I'm off the site and somepony quotes me. And while it's never done anything for PMs, at least on the site I would be notified if I got a PM, but this rarely happens, if ever now.

Only two, one notifying me of the Synchtube Thread being moved to Canterlot Castle, and the other about the DDoS. Nothing regarding PMs, which I have had sent to me within the past 30 days.

For the future, please add a filter for mlpforums.com to prevent any emails from the site from landing in spam (I know it's unrelated to your issue, but it's not good that the DDoS notification landed there).

Anyway, the Chrome extension Neikos made hasn't quite been working 100% for me since the last IP.Board upgrade, so please try disabling that for a while to see if your PM notifications work properly then.

For the future, please add a filter for mlpforums.com to prevent any emails from the site from landing in spam (I know it's unrelated to your issue, but it's not good that the DDoS notification landed there).

Anyway, the Chrome extension Neikos made hasn't quite been working 100% for me since the last IP.Board upgrade, so please try disabling that for a while to see if your PM notifications work properly then.

Alright, filter is created, and Extension disabled. I'll update if my stuff starts going back to normal. Though any chance of the extension being updated soon?

Alright, filter is created, and Extension disabled. I'll update if my stuff starts going back to normal. Though any chance of the extension being updated soon?

Neikos will have to answer that - it's his extension, not mine.

This may seem like a simple thing but be sure to check your notification options in your profile settings. There's 2 rows to worry about, the first is for the notification list on the site and the second is for emails.