Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Live action MLP movie

ManaMinori

Live action reboots of cartoons rarely end well. (Alvin and the Chipmunks, Yogi Bear, etc.) MLP would be better off without a live action movie. The reason Disney is able to make these reboots is because they have enough human characters in these films, excluding the Jungle Book. In that case, they just made the animals look real and they had an epic movie on their hands. But with ponies, it's hard to translate them into realistic animals. Making them look like real horses would make them almost unrecognizable.

Hasbro should stick with animation for these guys. No live action movies with CGI.

doesn't Chipmunks have 4 or 5 sequels already? Must be doing pretty well, in that case

doesn't Chipmunks have 4 or 5 sequels already? Must be doing pretty well, in that case

It makes money because parents take their kids to see it while the parents actually watch something worth while.

Money and viewership doesn't always equal quality(and I can't imaging there be much of a budget). They're generally regarded as terrible films

It could turn out like this:

sig-4552197.1147843__safe_solo_pinkie%20

Or this:

sig-4552197.large.gif

I hope the first one is how it would turn out.

As long as the live-action MLP movie were to be make like with these GIF examples, I'm for it.

If the style looks otherwise different from these, then I would doubt it will do any good.

Okay, totally unrelated:

I was looking at that gif of Pinkie Pie while my phone was still loading, so it was in SLOW MOTION. I swear, I was legitimately terrified.

Woah, that happened to me. except I was using a desktop computer.

(edited)

Do you guys think it could work? Disney is LA'ing all its animated movies (Cinderella, Melificent, Beauty and the Beast, the Jungle Book), s o how long until MlP becomes a live action movie cast with real actors, like Transformers? Can you guys see a live action pony film working?

It probably could work, assuming the aesthetic and writing are well received, but I'd probably have a tough time liking it as I'm a huge fan of the shows current design. I could totally see myself watching it and being like "Oh boy, this sure doesn't look like pony". If it's not appealing to my eye, I aint gunna watch it, kek.

Edited by bamboozled321

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know how that could work. Disney can pull off live action movies because they have at least one character who is an actual human in them. Also, in the case of The Jungle Book, it's not like they needed to make multi-coloured variations on the animals that often sport wings or horns or both, as well as shimmering mane in the case of some Alicorns. Yeah, that wouldn't work. It could with CG but then it wouldn't be live action, really, aside from the backgrounds. Equestria Girls could probably work for a live action film. Makeup could be used to make the characters different colours if live actors could be found for the various roles, but I don't see the point in that. I think EQG also suits animation quite well. Of course, if you want you can look up the abomination that is The World's Biggest Tea Party...yeah, I think you're better off forgetting I even mentioned that.

In short, I can't support a live action flick, aside from the one for that trailer LaserPewPew posted... It has virtually nothing to do with the show but that's kind of what makes it work, or it would if it were actually made. That's one fan project I could get behind. A true adaptation of FiM though...would be dicey at best, and at worst would be a total disaster IMHO.