Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Live action MLP movie

ManaMinori

Do you guys think it could work? Disney is LA'ing all its animated movies (Cinderella, Melificent, Beauty and the Beast, the Jungle Book), s o how long until MlP becomes a live action movie cast with real actors, like Transformers? Can you guys see a live action pony film working?

• Brohoof 2

I could see it work. That is, if the Ponys remain either Cgi or some Puppet Work.

If the Ponys would be real Ponys, as in this weird Disney Movies with the weird mouth movement than it would be very strange. I think.

But if they make a Live Action Movie, they should reintroduce Megan.

• Brohoof 1

Heck no.

Given the track record Hasbro has with its live action movies such as the Trasnformers movies and recently Jem and the Holograms, I think we would be better off without a live action MLP movie.

Plus I am pretty sure the ponies wouldn't look good in a realistic setting anyways.

• Brohoof 3

Some cartoons just won't work with when they're live action. This is one of them

Disney is LA'ing all its animated movies (Cinderella, Melificent, Beauty and the Beast, the Jungle Book)

Besides the fact that Disney has the money and resources, those concepts can work with a Live-Action direction. I can't say the same with MLP

the only reason I could see the live action work is if they treat the pony's in terms of appearance how they treated the animals in the latest jungle book movie other then that no dice

Some cartoons just won't work with when they're live action. This is one of them

Besides the fact that Disney has the money and resources, those concepts can work with a Live-Action direction. I can't say the same with MLP

Plus with how many human characters there are in movies like Cinderella and Beauty and the Beast and Sleeping Beauty it would be possible to make a live action movie for them.

But with MLP, with how much CGI would be used to make the ponies and every single other major character in the show into a live action film, it would better and more efficient just to make an animated MLP FIM movie, which is something that we are actually getting next year.

• Brohoof 1

NOOOO! I mean, cartoons should stay cartoons... In my opinion, anyway.
Live action movies based on cartoons have never turned out good... ESPECIALLY not colorful ponies with magic and wings and stuff... Just, no.

NOOOO! I mean, cartoons should stay cartoons... In my opinion, anyway.

Live action movies based on cartoons have never turned out good... ESPECIALLY not colorful ponies with magic and wings and stuff... Just, no.

well the magic and stuff could be CGI...
  • Brohoof 1

I question the categorization of the new Jungle Book as 'live action', given that a majority of the characters were CGI.

In any case, unless you do Equestria Girls, or G1 MLP, it wouldn't even have *one* human in it to make it 'live action'... Unless you go the Mr. Ed route and have a bunch of real life ponies eating peanut butter at the cameras...  :okiedokieloki:

(edited)

Sure, let's kill FiM by making a live action movie about them :dash:. As a matter of fact, the partnership with Sony ended partly because they've wanted to make the movie under that concept, ala Smurfs. stick with animation, don't this dud or girl meets bad CGI horses whose spotlight are taken by the humans :unamused:

Edited by Steve Piranha

(edited)

I think it would be really hard to pull off.  I really like the current style they have going for it right now, that's one of the things that got me to like the show actually  ^_^

Edited by shy0wl

May be too difficult to pull off without taking a trip through Uncanny Valley. Considering I am not really a fan of most animation to CGI versions and likewise hold similar views of the live action Disney films ... I'll put my vote in the nah column.

(edited)
Like some people said, CGI or some animated form would work well. I wonder how it would do if it was in the style of this gif seen here...  1147843__safe_solo_pinkie+pie_smiling_cu

I say it could possibly work...

That, is the same gif I used. eh, it's not mine anyways.

Edited by Frannis
  • Brohoof 1

That, is the same gif I used. eh, it's not mine anyways.

I just realized that, but still, if Hasbro could maybe give us fans a chance and let us show them our creativity, perhaps we can share ideas with them, and things like the gif can turn out. 

• Brohoof 1

Not saying it couldn't work. But from my understanding, most live action movies based on cartoons have fallen flat on their face because the directors and writers use the source material and don't do much with it, trading it in for cheap jokes.

• Brohoof 2

@,

But supposed it was made in the style in the gif we both posted? Real humans could be incorporated and and green screens could be used. If it was possible, Hasbro and the Brony Fandom would work together to make this. 

• Brohoof 1

Live action reboots of cartoons rarely end well. (Alvin and the Chipmunks, Yogi Bear, etc.) MLP would be better off without a live action movie. The reason Disney is able to make these reboots is because they have enough human characters in these films, excluding the Jungle Book. In that case, they just made the animals look real and they had an epic movie on their hands. But with ponies, it's hard to translate them into realistic animals. Making them look like real horses would make them almost unrecognizable.

Hasbro should stick with animation for these guys. No live action movies with CGI.

• Brohoof 2