Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Has MLP Ruined Mindless Action Movies for Anyone Else?

TopQuark

Mmmm... I don't think so. I just hate mindless films in general, especially when there is no message, purpose or meaning whatsoever to the story. And it is even worse when they make up some poor excuse to justify said mindless action. It is like with super hero movies, when they would try to humanize the characters, but it doesn't mesh at all, because you will have the same characters flying all over the place and attacking each other for some stupid reason a couple scenes latter. It is classic hollywood garbage or any other derivative thereof.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

To be honest action movies were never that big of a deal to me. There's action in pretty much everything, but brainless shooting with a copy-paste storyline and a lot of unnecesarry explosions and 0 creativity was always on a complete bottom of my "to watch" list. 

But my perception of these still changed. The reason is simple:

• a show tailored for children - valuable lessons about life, inspirational episodes with a specific purpose to promote kindness to those around us and values of friendship, love and positivity.
  • mindless action movies, usually considered "for adults" or at least 12+ audience - usually just brainless violence and pointless storyline that teaches You nothing, doesn't help You to develop and is of questionable, cheap quality that to me feels like a slap to the face

So at this point I find many of those movies even insulting to intelligence. It is, because now we know that meaningful shows can really reach high if enough heart is put in them. We stop showing people great values and instead dumb them down. We really can do better than making another movie, which's sole points are fist/gunfights and dumb explosions.

It's important to note that this thread is about "mindless" action movies, which makes the, let's call it, genre very specific. That's why my opinion on them is so radical ;) 

• 1 month later...