gaming Call of Duty: Black Ops II

FALCON PUNCH

I really don't want to offend anypony here, but I think these new CODs are really punching the good juice out of the old CODs. I mean back then COD had more meaning with those soldiers that had died in in real combat events. But now it's like kill kill kill and more people raging with these new COD games(IMO).

But I would have to say this game looks cool.

• Brohoof 2

Call of Duty?

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7Myff5xAZM

Black Ops?

The more I look at Black Ops 2, the worse it looks. I'm tired of Treyarch and Infinity Ward's money grubbing bullshit and they will NOT be robing me of $60.

Edited by Twilie'Zorah

I have come to the decision that I will not be getting Black Ops 2. You wanna know why? Call of Duty continuously releases the same game with a minor graphics boost, re-skinned weapons and factions, and new killstreaks. The campaigns are always about following your mission with a personal vendetta against the main enemy. The characters aren't that great, the stories are never interesting, and Black Ops 2 is just milking zombies because half of the people getting it are getting it "just for zombies." No thank you. I'd rather play WaW zombies or even Black Ops zombies than spend another $60 on a re-skinned Black Ops.

uhh you do know that black ops 2's campain is confirmed to be non linear right? and possible multipul endings? activaison has allowed trearc to take more risks, this will be a very different game

• Brohoof 2

It looks okay.. I'm thinking about getting it.

*Pre Orders Black Ops 2* What can I say? I'm curious.

Funny thing is, I'm probably the biggest Call of Duty fan on these forums, and I haven't even preordered BOII. The thing is, I kinda spent all the money I was using to get BOII and instead got Astros :P.

I'm still excited for the Multiplayer reveal tomorrow. Most of you will say it'll suck, but whatever. Funny thing is, hating on CoD is now becoming mainstream. It's kinda annoying, honestly, but then again, I am a fan, so I can see why it annoys me

uhh you do know that black ops 2's campain is confirmed to be non linear right? and possible multipul endings? activaison has allowed trearc to take more risks, this will be a very different game

Also, not to be mean or anything, but....... you're spelling -_-. Are you just not trying, or are you just imitating a CoD fan?

Funny thing is, I'm probably the biggest Call of Duty fan on these forums, and I haven't even preordered BOII. The thing is, I kinda spent all the money I was using to get BOII and instead got Astros :P.

I'm still excited for the Multiplayer reveal tomorrow. Most of you will say it'll suck, but whatever. Funny thing is, hating on CoD is now becoming mainstream. It's kinda annoying, honestly, but then again, I am a fan, so I can see why it annoys me

Also, not to be mean or anything, but....... you're spelling -_-. Are you just not trying, or are you just imitating a CoD fan?

no, i just suck at spelling, but ive stopped caring a long time ago XD

Edited by SkullBuster

From what I know, the new multiplayer reveal will be in just a few hours. Some say 2-3 more hours, some say it is around just 1 hour. Whatever, I still look foward to it. TBH, I don't expect much to be new, but it's always fun to try and figure out and analyze the things we see in these trailers :).

Most of you will probably hate on it anyways though, so I even if it does have something new, you guys will probably just still say "Pfft" 'cause like I said, hating on CoD is so mainstream, right?

Not too excited for Black Ops, But I am indeed looking forward to playing this.

If you think about it, it's just Black Ops in the future. But it still seems a little overwhelming to me, but the demo was nice.

Many people have said I only say this cause I'm a Halo fan and that I hate on COD, but seriously, probably going to get this game when it releases. :huh:

To be honest i am a little bit hyped about Black Ops 2 because 3ARC showed us in the past that they actually care about their COD games,i mean come on look at the improvements that they did make from WaW to Black Ops and the amount of care that was put into balancing all the weapons(accept the ak74 and the fagass/famas) and making god maps that don't have a spawn sistem where people can sit in corners and just wait for you to spawn so that they can get a spawn kill.

im pumped for this game. it is going to be the first of its kind. it is basically a RPG wrapped in an FPS. this is the first time that you can fail a mission and keep going. everything you do affects the story line.

i also heard from the James C. Burns (he is the voice of Woods) twitter that there is a big reveal of some sort today

Edited by irobern2857

im pumped for this game. it is going to be the first of its kind. it is basically a RPG wrapped in an FPS. this is the first time that you can fail a mission and keep going. everything you do affects the story line.

i also heard from the James C. Burns (he is the voice of Woods) twitter that there is a big reveal of some sort today

Yes, the multiplayer reveal will be released today. Matroix, also known as Ali-A, who posts a lot of CoD info based on findings, tweets, leaks, etc., says that the new trailer will be released in about an hour

The new trailer is out! Unfortunately, only the official channel for CoD is really the only one who's uploaded it, and it's age-restricted (Check it out, age restrictions on a CoD video :lol:), so I have to download the video itself to watch it -_-. I atleast say the thumbnail. Couldn't tell much from it. Anyways, I will post again once I finish watching this trailer ;)

@@Skullbuster, @, @@irobern2857, @@Red Star, @@Mirad, @@FALCON PUNCH,

Aw yeah! the official multiplayer trailer is out! It looks awesome imo and you can really see they've made it more future-like.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dre21lBu2zU

Curse you pillow, you have made me hooked on watching more multiplayer videos about Black Ops 2 :P !!!

The new trailer is out! Unfortunately, only the official channel for CoD is really the only one who's uploaded it, and it's age-restricted (Check it out, age restrictions on a CoD video :lol:), so I have to download the video itself to watch it -_-. I atleast say the thumbnail. Couldn't tell much from it. Anyways, I will post again once I finish watching this trailer ;)

Haha look my post above. I already posted the video here. :)

It looks quite good. The sniper almost looks like a sniper from halo or something

Just saw the trailer. It was pretty cool, seeing all this new stuff. Anyways, let's analyze what was shown.

Guns:

-M8A1: Obviously, this was supposed to be the XM8, but the name got changed. In here, it's in burst-fire mode.

-LSAT: If you're a Battlefield player, you'll probably recognize this gun. It's an LMG with 100 rounds and around 400 backup rounds, so I guess the guy either has some Scavenger-like perk or picked up the same weapon.

-PDW-57: Some sort of submachine gun/personal defense weapon that seems kinda weak but has high ammo to it. This had some sort of X-Ray sight on it.

-AN-94: Another weapon people from BF3 should recognize, it's shown to shoot slower than most weapons but seems to have pretty good accuracy.

-FHJ-18 AA: This was a heat-seeking launcher that seems similiar to the Stinger and Strela in terms of use.

-Chicom CQB: Another SMG/PDW-like weapon that has high ammo, high fire rate, but could have low damage. It's seen shooting down a Dragonfire drone, though

-Raging Judge: This one was neat. It was a revolver that seemed similiar to Black Ops' Python, although more futuristic, of course :P

-OSR.50: It's a semi-auto sniper rifle. Most likely, it'll be a powerful one

-Ballista: This was a unique one. It's another sniper rifle, but this didn't have a scope on it. This means that unscoped bolt-action rifles will return, as World at War also had these.

-M1216: It's not a trailer if we don't have a shotgun :P. This one was full-auto, like the AA-12, but just like the AA-12, seemed kinda weak

Killstreaks:

-Dragonfire Quadrotor Drone: As the name suggest, this is the official name for the quadrotors in BOII. It's a flying drone that has a MG on it. It's strong, killing in 2-3 hits, but doesn't take much to shoot down, as the Chicom CQB shot it down quite fast

-Turret: This doesn't exactly have an official name to it yet, but it's a strange type of turret as instead of killing enemies, it stuns and disorients enemies with a type of soundwave. It's really neat, and basically acts like a movable stun-grenade

-AGR: This reminds of the Assault Drone from MW3 quite some, although seemingly more powerful. Just like the AD, it looks like it's airdrop deployed

-Drone Kamikaze Thingy: I do not know what this is, but it looks like some high killstreak reward. Basically, a swarm of drones fly around and can be driven into the ground (And into other players), basically like a barage of Predator missiles

Equipment:

-Electric Charges: They seem similiar to stun grenades, except they stick into the ground and release a static charge, sort of like a mini-tazer

-Tomahawk: I don't have much to say :lol:

-Riot Shield: Honest to god (And Applejack), I didn't see this coming. These are more of a fun and silly gimmick in MW2 and MW3, but these look like they have some purpose, mostly because you can plant them into the ground

-Knife: The knife is now called the combat knife, and it looks like you actually have to pull it out now, instead of just swinging it. That's probably to prevent panic knifing, and if that's the case, I applaud you, Treyarch ;)

Perks:

...... I couldn't find anything on perks. I think this is to be revealed at Gamescon later this August, because I literally saw nothing on this :wacko:

Miscilleneous:

-Kill Icon: I'm not sure how to dub these, but now, if you get some sort of unique kill like, say, a quad, comeback, killstreak, or revenge kill, it'll display an icon on the top for that kill. Think of it as the ribbons from BF3

-Select Fire Mode: This seems new for A LOT of weapons. This is also entirely new for CoD

That's all I found this trailer, at least for now. I also should mention that the HUD looks more sleek, translucent, and futuristic, to match BOII's obvious setting :)

"confirmed to be non linear" i believe it when i see it multiple endings isn't a tons of games have multiple endings and they don't make a game better there just there.

i believe the campaign will be like every other cod, walk down road or path then center screen on think you want dead and push button rinse and repeat.

i'll consider buying it if you're able to go along multiple branched paths and routes to get to were you need to go, and if they take away regenerate health.

from what i have seen of the multiplier, its good but looking at it all i just think it would be better if the game wasn't called Call of Duty Black Ops 2, also its still using that old ass engine

Zombies- need to go the f :( k away and back to the horror games, there popping up more often the Jehovah witnesses that i'm starting to get the 2 mixed up

"confirmed to be non linear" i believe it when i see it multiple endings isn't a tons of games have multiple endings and they don't make a game better there just there.

i believe the campaign will be like every other cod, walk down road or path then center screen on think you want dead and push button rinse and repeat.

i'll consider buying it if you're able to go along multiple branched paths and routes to get to were you need to go, and if they take away regenerate health.

from what i have seen of the multiplier, its good but looking at it all i just think it would be better if the game wasn't called Call of Duty Black Ops 2, also its still using that old ass engine

Zombies- need to go the f :( k away and back to the horror games, there popping up more often the Jehovah witnesses that i'm starting to get the 2 mixed up

WOW there is no pleaseing you first you complain about a straight forward story line then you are told it is not a straight line story and you make that a bad thing.

then you talk about how bad zombies is. if you don't like it don't play it, others do like it so they play it.

then you complain about the engine. of course they not going to change it. first don't fix something that ain't broken. second the next gen of game systems are supposed to come out in the next couple of years. so to please you they would have to go through and remake the engine then go through and remake it again for the next system. that would be stupid and expensive.

so kindly GO BITCH SOME WERE ELSE!

but haters gonna hate

Now that song that was playing in the trailer is in mah head :lol:. I just keep hearing "you gotta be a man!" over and over again.

One thing that I noticed is that one guy had 6 perks at once, but only had a pistol and knife in his loadout :P.

Edited by akimBrony

One thing that I noticed is that one guy had 6 perks at once, but only had a pistol and knife in his loadout :P.

ya they redid the class system so it's on a point spending. you get so many points and different things cost different prices. a main gun cost more then a secondary, and a perk costs less then weapon. that kind of thing

I'm not really a fan of CoD, it's repetitive, the graphics are mediocre, the maps are somewhat lacking, and the weapons almost seem like toys. All in all, CoD doesn't compare to other FPS games like Battlefield or Fallout. However, this new concept interests me. I'll check it out when it come out to see if it's any good, and it might be. My only complaint so far is

WTF ACTIVISION? ROBOT SOLDIERS?! VETERAN MODE WAS HARD ENOUGH ALREADY!