Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Limeblossom

15 users have voted

1. 1. Disbanding the Wonderbolts?

• Absolutely! To many problems they caused has completely damaged the trust in them
    • Sure.
    • I dunno
    • Give them another chance
    • Noooo!

(edited)

It still surprises me that an organization with so many problems like promoting hazing and being total d*cks (including a certain veteran who framed RD) is still alive. I think it would be put under scrutiny and eventually disbanded if the results are far worser. Maybe you'll get a new team who doesn't make the same mistakes, and appreciate RD more.

What do you think?

Edited by Limeblossom

At this point I wouldn't mind it at all. I was hoping that RD would have become a top tier pony in the organization to help make it better, but as it stands, the team is very unlikable as a whole. them treating RD like garbage and trying to justify it by saying 'Oh all new ponies get it' was the last straw for me.

I like the idea of the Wonderbolts, just take out them being dicks about everything and we would have an awesome team.

• Brohoof 6

Rainbow should take over and clean the Wonderbolts up from within. Her former idol Spitfire should be the first to go. Remember a certain crisis where Pegasi were sick, and they didn't have enough wingpower to raise the water to Cloudsdale? Spitfire was right there. The egotistical martinet couldn't bother herself to ruffle a feather and actually try to avert a disaster. Thank goodness Fluttershy was there, to make it just barely possible to pull it off, while Spitfire just sat and passed judgment.

• Brohoof 5

but as it stands, the team is very unlikable as a whole. them treating RD like garbage and trying to justify it by saying 'Oh all new ponies get it' was the last straw for me.

You're not the only one who thinks the Wonderbolts are total assholes. And if I compared them with their older versions from the first seasons, they're completely out of character. Which is something that has become a norm within the writer staff.

(edited)

The problem is that I don't think the writers realize they're making the WB so unlikable, or at least I don't think it's intentional. I think they're trying to make them idols with flaws, but it always ends up horribly backfiring and they end up making them look like complete c***s instead. So far the Rainbow Dash and Spitfire Friends Forever comic is really the only thing in FiM in general to actually get this right, which is really sad(not to knock the comic, I thought it was great)

If the leaked list was true, we're due for another WB episode before the season ends(Top Bolt), so they have one more chance. If they blow it there then they're a lost cause.

Fuck, for plenty of people they're already a lost cause

Edited by Sideswipe
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

I think they're trying to make them idols with flaws,

Do you now who where good flawed heroes? The old Ultramarines. They where aware of their flaws and instead of being the best chapter they where formed as a well-organized chapter. Nowadays they're nothing but unlikeable Mary Sue posterboys and both avoided and mocked like the plague.

@@cuteycindyhoney: Lol :lol:.

Edited by Limeblossom
  • Brohoof 1

I don't really know if I want to see that happen.

While they haven't really had the best showings in a while, I am a fan of the concept of Rainbow eventually becoming the leader and cleaning up the Wonderbolts and helping them become a much more professional and moral team.

• Brohoof 1

So... You all are basically just scheming and plotting because the Wonderbolts ribbed your waifu or something. I don't care what you guys think, but I think the Wonderbolts are fine and you're all just being offended. I actually think it's kind of embarrassing.

• Brohoof 4

I had an idea on how the Wonderbolts may disband, but it's alot more tragic.

In my view, Spitfire has a commanding officer named Commander Bladewing.  He's even more harsh than Spitfire was, and is extremely critical of Rainbow Dash.  He's willing to give her one more chance and if she blows it, she's outta there, much to the worry of Spitfire.

On the day of a big show, the bolts were performing with grace.  And suddenly, Rainbow Dash's wing gives in and she falls.  Spitfire tries to catch her, but they both spiral out of control and crash, creating a hole worse than Rainbow Dash's first performance crash.

Angry over that disaster, Bladewing demands that Spitfire strip Rainbow Dash of her Wonderbolt status, threatening to remove hers if she fails to do so within 24 hours.  To make matters worse, Soarin heard about Bladewing's demands and winds up turning in his Wonderbolt Status in complete disgust with Bladewing.

On the big moment where Rainbow Dash is to be Wonderbolt no more, Spitfire instead not only defies Bladewing's demand, but she goes as far as to go down Soarin's path and gives up her Wonderbolt status by ripping off her Wonderbolt crest and throwing it in Bladewing's face.  Unfortunately, Commander Bladewing didn't like that means of resignation and demanded her arrest for that form of disrespect.  But in an instant, every Wonderbolt, including reserve members, retired bolts and even academy members decided to throw away their Wonderbolt Status in disgust, leaving Rainbow Dash as the last Wonderbolt to quit, and Bladewing as the only Wonderbolt left.

Later on, with some encouragement from Rainbow Dash, Spitfire forms an independent Flying group known as the Firebolts.

• Brohoof 1

Wow. The Wonderbolts with RD is one of the most symbolically delicious aspects in FiM! I've already outlined why previously, but here goes again ...

One of the most important facets of friendship AND team cohesion is loyalty. Rainbow Dash isn't destined to join the Wonderbolts because it is her dream. Destiny isn't based around desire, it is a revelation and response to need. No. Dashie isn't destined to join ... she is destined to lead. They have proven to be ... in need of loyalty.

But then again, Star Wars would have probably been much better if they just fired on the escape pod in A New Hope, right?

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

So... You all are basically just scheming and plotting because the Wonderbolts ribbed your waifu or something. I don't care what you guys think, but I think the Wonderbolts are fine and you're all just being offended. I actually think it's kind of embarrassing.

It has been established that the Wonderbolts have a long standing culture of bullying. It has also been established that their leader, and arguably most powerful member sat by and DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING while a seriously under-powered team of Pegasi desperately tried to form a tornado to pump lake water up to Cloudsdale. I mean really. They were short quite a few members due to unforeseen and serious illness, and Spitfire just watched as Fluttershy barely made it possible to send a sub-par amount of water for weather making efforts after a couple failed attempts. Let's not forget one of their most famous members tried to frame another member and destroy her career out of fear of his record being surpassed. Oh, another thing. How about Spitfire's efforts to get Rainbow to forsake her friends, by trying to tempt her to take over for an unjustly grounded Soaren, just to assure Cloudsdale would make the games.

No Waifu or plotting here. I'm not even offended. I am merely pointing out facts established as canon in the series. The Wonderbolts look like a pretty darn corrupt organization to me.

Back on an edit with a related observation. Why was the barracks building the ONLY structure on the wrong side of the runway in the first place? That's just bad planning right from the get-go. Nopony would need to cross the runway at all if it was built on the same side as everything else. 

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 2

I had an idea on how the Wonderbolts may disband, but it's alot more tragic.

In my view, Spitfire has a commanding officer named Commander Bladewing.  He's even more harsh than Spitfire was, and is extremely critical of Rainbow Dash.  He's willing to give her one more chance and if she blows it, she's outta there, much to the worry of Spitfire.

On the day of a big show, the bolts were performing with grace.  And suddenly, Rainbow Dash's wing gives in and she falls.  Spitfire tries to catch her, but they both spiral out of control and crash, creating a hole worse than Rainbow Dash's first performance crash.

Angry over that disaster, Bladewing demands that Spitfire strip Rainbow Dash of her Wonderbolt status, threatening to remove hers if she fails to do so within 24 hours.  To make matters worse, Soarin heard about Bladewing's demands and winds up turning in his Wonderbolt Status in complete disgust with Bladewing.

On the big moment where Rainbow Dash is to be Wonderbolt no more, Spitfire instead not only defies Bladewing's demand, but she goes as far as to go down Soarin's path and gives up her Wonderbolt status by ripping off her Wonderbolt crest and throwing it in Bladewing's face.  Unfortunately, Commander Bladewing didn't like that means of resignation and demanded her arrest for that form of disrespect.  But in an instant, every Wonderbolt, including reserve members, retired bolts and even academy members decided to throw away their Wonderbolt Status in disgust, leaving Rainbow Dash as the last Wonderbolt to quit, and Bladewing as the only Wonderbolt left.

Later on, with some encouragement from Rainbow Dash, Spitfire forms an independent Flying group known as the Firebolts.

Your story makes more sense than all the WB canon stuff from the last seasons, and also interesting for the concept of RD's element.

I would like for RD to decide that the wonderbolts aren't for her, as I have grown to dislike them the more the show has gone on and the more dickish they've been. THAT BEING SAID, I don't want them to just disband. They do what they're supposed to do, flight shows, and there's no problem there. but as far as being a military group, they are pretty shitty jerks, and I'm not saying this because of Newbie dash, but more all the other stuff that's gone on (Wonder douches in Rainbow falls, Wind rider, Spitfire condoning Lightning dust until shamed by dash...).

So, I want dash to reevaluate her life (Either form her own flight group or decide she'd rather be like her idol daring do and be a freelance adventurer instead... which is what she ALREADY IS and seems more well suited for), but I want the wonderbolts to still exist.