Music That Makes Everything Better

Astro Mambo

We've all been down in the dumps plenty of times in our lives. Some of us are constantly in a state of sadness for one reason or another. Despite all that, there is one miracle that can lift the spirits of anypony at anytime. Music!

We all have that tune or song that can lift us from the depths of our sorrow when we need it most. So what song or sort of music brings good feelings to you when you need them most?

As for me, it's a piece of music called: Arrival Of The Birds & Transformation by The Cinematic Orchestra.

This music always fills me with a mix of happiness and sadness but regardless, it always lifts my spirits.  :adorkable:

(edited)

Oh, hell's bells, that's a beautiful song.

For me, I use several different songs and sometimes, not even songs. These are the top three. (I recommend the second one, if you're curious, OP)

I'm a big nature person and thunderstorms have been very calming and cathartic for me.
Thunderstorm vid

I also have this lovely little piece that I use when I'm a bit stressed.
Relaxing Winter Wellness (perfectly slow at first and always picks up at the best moment)

And then, a classic never hurts.
Blind Melon - No Rain

Edited by Jackie: sleepy mare
  • Brohoof 1

I have posted this song in other threads, but it is just so amazing that it deserves it. It is Ghost Love Score by Nightwish, a song that makes me feel anew anytime I listen to it. Easily can help me with any bad mood I have.

• Brohoof 1

Listening to this song helps me get back in touch with my roots

I actually had to stop halfway through. I've been listening to James Taylor for years and he always manages to make me tear up.

• Brohoof 1

I actually had to stop halfway through. I've been listening to James Taylor for years and he always manages to make me tear up.

I can understand why, it's songs like these that can make a grown man cry. It's that powerful and beautiful, bro

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I personally like bagpipe and Celtic-style music. Having Scottish blood inside me, this... Makes one feel exalted. Side note: I have professional training in swordsmanship and am an adept duelist. If ever there was a need for such a thing, this is my battle theme.

Edited by Quill Waver
  • Brohoof 1

Whether I'll feel a little sad or very sad, I'll listen to something "dark".

I like this song in particular since it starts out ominous, but eventually ends grand and bright.... and then gets a bit ominous again. It's also one of my favorite songs I've played in high school.

That "grand" moment is like a rainbow to my ears.

John Williams music. It doesn't matter what movie it's from, but there is something to fit every conceivable mood. If I'm mad, sad, or just want something to liven up my day, Johnny is the man for the job. I'd post a clip, but there are so many perfect tracks, I don't know where I'd begin.

And of course, Pinkie Pie's Smile Song. That goes without saying.  :)   

• Brohoof 2

I have a playlist for this type of mood, but my favourite out of them all would be Send The Pain Below by Chevelle. Great song!

(edited)

When I need to be cheered up, nothing does it better than Flogging Molly for me. I love their music to death and I have so many good memories going to Flogging Molly shows with my friends. Listening to some Flogging Molly brings back good memories.

This is one of my favorites. I remember everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, singing along at the top of their lungs.

Edited by El Duderino