Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Equestrian OCs: What would your EG counterpart be like?

Will Guide

(edited)

A question for any OC Ponies/Dragons/whatever from Equestria: Considering that the Equestria Girls world has a counterpart to everyone in Equestria, what would the EG counterpart of your OC be like? Are their personalities, backstories, appearance similar or very different to the Original Equestrian inhabitant?

Take my OC, Will Guide, who is also my Ponysona, for example:

(used spoiler box to condense my content)

Appearance:

Though EQG Will Guide has the same name and mostly the same appearance as his Equestria counterpart with the added bonus of facial hair (mustache, beard, sideburns), his personality, back-story and "cutie mark" couldn't be more different;

Cutie Mark and Personality:

Unlike Pony Will Guide, whose cutie mark is a green book with a castle, heart, and star representing knowledge, Disney, caring, and hope respectively, EQG Will Guide's "symbol" is a very big, dull-looking, closed, "rules of society" book. It represents his very practical and no-nonsense personality.

When William was first sent to Equestria and became Will Guide (right after the events of EG1), his EQG counterpart was created out of thin air in the world of Canterlot High. Because of this, he literally had no childhood to remember and never lived as one. As a result, he's an very adult, practical, no-nonsense man who prefers order and practicality despite being in his mid 20's. He prefers being called Mr. Guide and sees magic, having an imagination, and playing games as childish, or as George Darling from Peter Pan would say, "absolute poppycock!" He doesn't get along with kids and teenagers well and wishes they would all just grow up and face reality. Science Twilight might be the only exception to this.

Backstory and Friendship Games:

In my fanon, EG Will Guide actually is one of the highest admins who work for the Everton Independent Study Program despite being his young physical age of mid 20's. It's been that way for as long as he can remember; as far back as almost after the events of Equestria Girls 1. He himself told Human Twilight around the time of the Rainbow Rocks stinger that if she can find out about the strange anomalies coming from Canterlot High School, he would help guarantee her entrance into the EISP. He got his job thanks to his associate, Crystal Prep Principal Abacus Cinch.

During the events of Equestria Girls 3, Mr. Guide was the one who Cinch would contact to have Twilight's EISP application accepted. He expected Twilight to help Crystal Prep win the Games and Cinch to give him the good news. However, as he decided to unofficially watch Twilight compete in the Friendship Games, he started to see the selfish side of his "good associate", Principal Cinch. He may have had plausible deniability that prevents him from accepting the existence of magic, even when it happens right in front of him, but he still had his morals. From what he believed he saw, the "childish" Canterlot Wondercolts were more responsible than Cinch was at helping a promising student like Twilight Sparkle. When he found out that Cinch threaten to have Twilight's application denied, he privately gave Cinch an "I thought you were better than this" speech. Heck, when Twilight called about planning to transfer to Cantlerlot instead of Everton, Guide gave his approval; CHS need more smart and responsible people like her.

Edited by WiiGuy2014

Meadow Leaf would mostly have the same personality in the world of EQG.

But instead of his mother being an English professor for some kind of college, she would teach english at Canterlot High.

And he would have an after school job at some store similar to Walgreens.

• Brohoof 1

My O.C's EQG counterpart would be wearing clothes similar to Joe Yabuki. Only my O.C's hair is red and it's long enough to reach past this shoulder blades. He's usually calm and more focused on building his career as a prosecutor. He's in a band with 5 of his childhood friends. They all met back in middle school but got seperated after their town was torn down years ago. He's been down in the dumps and made him so mad to the point where he wanted to be a prosecutor to bring the buyer to justice. Mostly because he had actually taken down a landmark. Right now, he's a bit nice, smart, calm, and he's althetic to the point where he's an amateur boxer and he has a bitter rivalry with his cousin Blue Blood. He lost to him in a match, which made him transfer out of his old high school and now he's training to become a stronger fighter to take him down.

• Brohoof 1

My OC Treble (my profile pic). Personality would be pretty much the same. Very chill and a nice person, but also sarcastic and can come off as kind of an ass. He also thinks he is way cooler than he is. As for appearance, he would have a similar hairstyle. His pony form already wears a denim jacket, so his human form probably would too. He teaches music lessons, so to fit in with the EG universe (everyone seems to be involved with the high school), he would possibly teach some sort of music class.

• Brohoof 1