• Earth
    • Wind and Air
    • Light
    • Darkness
    • Time
    • Space
    • Other
    • Sound
    • Physics and Reality (You can be a Discord!)
    • Telekinesis and The FORCE

(edited)

I'm not talking about the periodic table, I'm talking about the fantasy-type elements such as Fire, Ice, Lightning, Water, Earth, Wind, Light, Dark, Time, Space, etc.

My favorite is Lightning. Lightning is beyond cool because of how badass it looks and how badass it sounds. (Referring to Thunder.)

Post your favorite element and why down below! :)

Edited by Redeye
  • Brohoof 1

Ice :D

I remember when I was defending Rarity a lot back in the day, I used to picture myself as this awesome boss-battle guy you'd find in a videogame, and I would use a lot of ice based attacks, since I was the defender of Rarity and ice seemed like it'd be a good fit for her :muffins: 

Yeahh, I'm a dork. But just because of those geeky little daydreams I used to have, I'd go with ice :D

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Ice, because I hate the warmth and love the cold. I was that kid that would turn the ac on in the middle of winter, go out in the snow in a t-shirt and jeans and would die when summer came around. 
Also, I have two OCs who are connected to this element.

Space, because I have a huge passion for astronomy.

Edited by Kurai

(edited)

Damn it..........can choose multiple.   I went for Water, b/c its one of the most powerful forces on Earth.  

I should mention, I am also a jack-of-all-trades, so I would've gone for Thunder/Lighting, Wind/Air, Time, and Space as my second choices. 

Edited by Thunder-Wing

It was hard to choose, but in the end I went with darkness, because sunshine and rainbows just aren't my thing.

I think any sort of "demon based" element would be associated with "dark," correct?

Ice :D

I remember when I was defending Rarity a lot back in the day, I used to picture myself as this awesome boss-battle guy you'd find in a videogame, and I would use a lot of ice based attacks, since I was the defender of Rarity and ice seemed like it'd be a good fit for her :muffins: 

Yeahh, I'm a dork. But just because of those geeky little daydreams I used to have, I'd go with ice :D

Ice could probably be my counter-element. I hate ice, and ice hates me. I've nearly broken my legs on ice several times.

• Brohoof 1

Ice could probably be my counter-element. I hate ice, and ice hates me. I've nearly broken my legs on ice several times.

Not surprised :D We have so many different opinions, I'm pretty sure you're the anti-ghostie at this point.
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

It ping pongs for me between Light and Ice. I love the cold so much, I love snow, it's the one of the few forms of nostalgia I really indulge myself with because my childhood was spent mostly in states where it snowed a bunch. But I also like light because of the symbolic connotations, the source of life, brightness, joy, and so on. Also, spamming reflective surfaces. Good game.

I'll stick with Light though, because it needs a vote.

Edited by LypRis Tah Pryncess

I would have to go with wind and air. Wind can be pretty darn powerful and while it might not grant smiting powers or for throwing fireballs, generating tornadoes would pretty impressive on its own.

Yep, I also love Lightning because of the following video...

But, if I had to choose a secondary, it would be fire. Because Lightning is technically the origin of fire itself, and the fact that it's pretty cool when used in certain ways. (Look at Avatar: The Last Airbender and pay attention to every single firebender.)

It would definitely have to be Light for me, without it life would be quite gloomy, and I guess it's just something I've always kind of related to. I guess if you even had the power to bend light itself, that would be pretty cool in terms of illusions! 

I said darkness, because I used to be scared of the dark (like as recent as middle school lol). But now I've conquered that fear and made the night my time. Also darkness seems epic to me, like it just gets the heart racing and creative juices flowing.

I would say I identify with the element of air the most, therefore I like it the best. Similar to how air is everywhere around us, I often find my mind to be everywhere, constantly moving, never in just one spot. I also can be dreamy, my "head in the clouds." Also, most of the time I like to be flexible and go with the flow - and there is no material more flexible and spontaneous than air!

But while air is most of the time peaceful and still, air can also be powerful, as demonstrated by the wind. I think that sums me up as a person pretty well. In my natural state I am easy-going and calm, but upset or challenge me and I can become a force to be reckoned with.

I chose fire, for some reason.

If you want to be technical, or go by the "science" of Avatar: The Last Airbender, lightening is actually an extremely enhanced version of fire. ^^

Idunno - I'm kinda torn.  According to my Zodiac sign, my element is "Earth."  Which is cool: I like Earth lol.  I love the color green, and greenery springs in gorgeous abundance from the earth itself.  According to the Chinese Zodiac, my element is Water...  But I'm afraid of drowning so forget that.  I like Earth and Fire most, I think.  Fire because fire is awesome.  Dangerous.  Likes to dance and warms your cold extremities.  So it's great...  Unless you burn yourself...  Or set something on fire that you really ought not to have.  Okay, Earth wins.

I would be a necromancer/maiar (JRR Tolkien) of ultimate purity over the elements of air, earth and space.

giphy.gif

FUCK YEEEE

• Brohoof 2

It'd be wind for me. Theoretically, with wind and air in your control you could fly and/or run really fast! Maybe not to the speed of sound, but faster than anyone alive! That would be awesome.

(edited)

My favourite element? Hydrogen. :D

In all seriousness, I pick space. Just imagine how powerful you would be if you could travel across four-dimensional space. No matter how thick and hole-free someone's forcefield is, all you have to do is walk around it. Want to commit the perfect murder? Just push your target in to four-dimensional space. All of their organs will fall our of their body, and it will be impossible for three-dimensional bodies to find him/her. Want to troll a pony? Rotate them across four-dimensional space. This will invert them and make them go from right-hoofed to left-hoofed, and vice-versa. Need to lie low for awhile? Just take a step in to four-dimensional space. It will appear as though you disappeared to those inferior little three-dimensional bodies.

Seriously, how can you not say that this is the ultimate superpower?

Edited by Asterisk Propernoun
  • Brohoof 1