Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

His name makes him edgy

Prophet

So I have an Oc named Dark Blend, his name is based around black tea. 

(( All my Ocs are tea related ))

I can't understand what makes people believe he's edgy. When I draw him, hes smiling. He doesn't have a sad back story nor does he have a crude outlook on life. 

I think its because of his fur and name. The words Dark always gives of the "ANGST" vibe

I would love some ideas on a new name.

Something that still matches the black tea idea but doesn't give of the MAD EDGY feel

Screenshot_8_zpsmj4kauoy.png

Dark Blend in noble clothing, looking all stylish~ 

Edited by Prophet
  • Brohoof 4

Lift an existing black tea name. Russian Caravan and Lapsang Souchong sound pretentious as hell, but there are countless others that sound much more believable and pony. What about Assam? If he was a little more exotic-looking I would even suggest Rooibos or Mint Mate or something as high-handed as Golden Pu-Erh.

Lift an existing black tea name. Russian Caravan and Lapsang Souchong sound pretentious as hell, but there are countless others that sound much more believable and pony. What about Assam? If he was a little more exotic-looking I would even suggest Rooibos or Mint Mate or something as high-handed as Golden Pu-Erh.

Is lapsang that stuff that feels like your chest is full of smoke? Tried a glass of iced tea at a Vietnamese (or was it Thai? I don't know the difference) restaurant a few months back. The cuisine wasn't to my tastes, and the unexpected side effect of the tea was no exception. It was a weird and uncomfortable feeling. I pulled out my phone and Googled it and I think it told me it was some Chinese tea that did that.

(edited)

@@On-Locoweed,

I like your idea, I can't believe I didn't think of that sense I named my white tea pony "Camellia" I should have took the time to look for something that would fit him more. 

I think I will put Ceylon in his name  

Edited by Prophet

Is lapsang that stuff that feels like your chest is full of smoke? Tried a glass of iced tea at a Vietnamese (or was it Thai? I don't know the difference) restaurant a few months back. The cuisine wasn't to my tastes, and the unexpected side effect of the tea was no exception. It was a weird and uncomfortable feeling. I pulled out my phone and Googled it and I think it told me it was some Chinese tea that did that.

Lapsang is very strong, yes, but usually Thai tea is brewed with Assam. Either way, I've moved on to things that are a little more subtle- Jasmine, Lemongrass, Darjeeling, Earl Grey, Prince of Wales.

@@On-Locoweed,

I like your idea, I can't believe I didn't thin of that sense I named my white tea pony "Camellia" I should have took the time to look for something that would fit him more. 

I think I will put Ceylon in his name  

That would be cool, but you could go even further, like with a double name like a lot of ponies have that's descriptive of a physical feature or simply alliterative. The name Ceylon Smoke or Smoky Ceylon flashed into my head...but, it's your horse. 

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...
On 8/2/2016 at 5:27 AM, Prophet said:

So I have an Oc named Dark Blend, his name is based around black tea. 

(( All my Ocs are tea related ))

I can't understand what makes people believe he's edgy. When I draw him, hes smiling. He doesn't have a sad back story nor does he have a crude outlook on life. 

I think its because of his fur and name. The words Dark always gives of the "ANGST" vibe

I would love some ideas on a new name.

Something that still matches the black tea idea but doesn't give of the MAD EDGY feel

Screenshot_8_zpsmj4kauoy.png

Dark Blend in noble clothing, looking all stylish~ 

Dark Blend sounds dark, How about Black Blend. :muffins:

Spoiler

Nah, I'm joking. I'm not good at naming. :adorkable:

• 2 months later...
10 minutes ago, Shadow Beam said:

Folks, do remember to check the dates before posting. ^^

You're just edgealous. :p

But now I'm curious how this kind of necroposting actually happens?

23 hours ago, Quinch said:

You're just edgealous. :p

But now I'm curious how this kind of necroposting actually happens?

Maybe a bit.

And no clue, admittedly

• 3 months later...
On 9/30/2018 at 12:09 PM, Shadow Beam said:

Folks, do remember to check the dates before posting. ^^

What, why? Does that possibly mean the initial question does not still require answering or suggestions? That we can't have fun doing said suggestions, or that the original poster may one day come back to glean valuable inspiration?

...I'm still gonna do it.

I'm pretty much the Anti-Shadow Beam, ain't I?

@Prophet

Well, think there's ground here that ain't been treaded. Something that I feel really does need to be done. My suggestion being, of course... 

... *ahem*

Earl Grey!

1. Everybeing knows that's a black tea. Fits conventions!

2. Frankly fits the posh we're aiming at here, and...

3. How the hay is that not a pony name already?! Perfect pony name! And I daresay it matches the design too!!!

...how did I even wind up in this thread?...Where am I?

• Brohoof 1