Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rikifive

still don't know how that one Risquette made is gonna fit in... 

Because that's what happens, when you can't see where the track will be used. I wasn't able to give him any details regarding environment, nor backstory. All he knew is that, I would like to have a battle theme in MLP style, which itself doesn't say much. He's not even a brony, nor wasn't into the pony thing at all, so imagine how difficult that request was for him.

I think I'll find an usage for this track anyway.

As I said, there will be many battle themes dependable on location, mood etc., so there's always place for some variety.

I have planned which tracks I'll use for the beginnings, so assuming, that everything will be alright, I think there's enough for now. If I'll get to the point, where I will be able to explain the style by giving details regarding environment, then I'll be sure to mention this. There's no reason to blindly compose at the moment, but if you're really bored, you can do it anyway, but be aware, that there is a chance, that the track will not be used at all, due to not having enough place to actually use it. (Literally exactly like you're worried about Risquette's tack, so you'll get the point)

There's no need to haste as many things may change in future. I don't want to waste anypony's work, though it most likely cannot be avoided.

So, of course you can do it, because you never know. It may come in handy to have it in 'music library', but just don't blame me if I'll not be able to use it.

Hmm.. now when I look at this I think you have actually posted that before, but still no sure. Either way, there was so much stuff happening, that I lost it somewhere.  :P

I see, nice ~ I think it all will be enough to build a working map now.  :)

• 3 weeks later...

HOLY SWEET MOTHER OF LUNA THIS IS AMAZING. Can't wait for you to finish this, this looks just.. incredible. Great job on it all, it looks purely awesome.

Thank you very much!

Now I'm doing my best to finish other things, that I have to do and I'll get back to this project as soon as possible. :3

This looks so cool! I wish I could offer my skills somehow!

>o< Good luck!

Thank you! It all depends on you! ^^

If you would like to help, then there are maaaany ways to do so, dependable on what you'd like to help with.  ;)

The biggest problem for me will be graphics, because I'm not hiding, that there is tons of work to do there, but even discussing ideas is a great help.

Sound effects also would be great, because I'm only capable of making 8-bit sounds, which will not have any use in this game.

When I'll be working on mechanics, then giving me suggestions and discussing ideas to make it as nice as possible will be a great help.

I'll open recruitment for 'game-mechanic consultants' once I'll get back to this project and get few basic things done, because at the moment it would be awkward to receive help, while not being able to do anything myself. Though I'm always open for ponies wanting to be a part, so if you'd like to offer your helpful hoof, then go ahead and notify me!  :yay:

I think I'll be able to get back to the game in a month or two as I still have many requests to do, but I'll be trying to do my best to make it quicker.  :)

Thank you! It all depends on you! ^^ If you would like to help, then there are maaaany ways to do so, dependable on what you'd like to help with.  The biggest problem for me will be graphics, because I'm not hiding, that there is tons of work to do there, but even discussing ideas is a great help. Sound effects also would be great, because I'm only capable of making 8-bit sounds, which will not have any use in this game.   When I'll be working on mechanics, then giving me suggestions and discussing ideas to make it as nice as possible will be a great help.   I'll open recruitment for 'game-mechanic consultants' once I'll get back to this project and get few basic things done, because at the moment it would be awkward to receive help, while not being able to do anything myself. Though I'm always open for ponies wanting to be a part, so if you'd like to offer your helpful hoof, then go ahead and notify me!    I think I'll be able to get back to the game in a month or two as I still have many requests to do, but I'll be trying to do my best to make it quicker. 

Graphics? Like...art? Or animations?

I do vector art, if you need anything. :o I suppose there's already a lot out there.... 

• Brohoof 2

To be more specific, sprites (ponies~animations) and maps (tiles/objects/backgrounds etc. etc.) is where will be a lot of work to do, especially with the maps.

Vector art is actually really, really nice, but the problem may be the fact, that the game is in pixelated style (mainly because I'm terrible at non-pixelated art :adorkable: Wish I could go with HD graphics).

However, I was thinking of adding pony portraits during dialogues, so there, vector art could work, because I could easily turn these into pixel art (because it still would be a pretty big image, which would allow me to easily keep the details) and eventually slightly animate them (talking etc.), which would fit the game's style. You're right, that there are many of these already, so I'm not sure what to say, because I have no idea how it will go.  :twi:

Though if you wish ~ we could get into details with this and perhaps we'd find something suitable for you.  :) If not, well, that will be not your fault at all ~ I'll still absolutely appreciate the fact, that you've offered your helpful hoof.  :fluttershy:

• 2 weeks later...

hey can i please please be a beta tester this looks really cool i love the graphics and it looks fun

Hello! Glad you liked what you saw! Note, that these are outdated screenshots - the look will be improved.  :)

Currently the closed beta sign-ups are closed. I need to organize few things first. I'll open recruitment once things will be almost done.

More information will be announced when the right time comes (may take ages though), so stay patient.

Nice to see that this is still alive and kicking. @@Rikifive, props to you. Wish I had your level of commitment lol

Thank you for your support and glad to hear that! ~Though the truth is pretty different as I didn't have much time to work on the game lately.  :P

However, I'll happily come back to it once I'll be done with requests!  ^_^

oooh can i be a beta tester???? please

As mentioned earlier, sign-ups are currently closed, sorry. I will be needing more volunteers, just give me some time. There's no reason to fill up the list, when there's not even a thing to test.  :-P

Recruitment will be announced and you'll be welcomed to make your application.  :)

Ay riki, not sure if you remember me or not, but still, glad the project's still going :D Wish I could be of some help :/ When the sign-ups for beta testing are open again, be sure to hit me up. I'd love to help with as much as I can :3

Ouh, I'm afraid I'll need some help to refresh my memory.  :adorkable: Probably knowing how and when we've met would do the thing.  :P

Anyway, thank you for your support!  :yay:  Hopefully things with the project will get serious soon; being jobless would absolutely work!  :-P Either way, recruitment will be announced, though if you wish, I could additionally message you once things would be prepared.  :)  

Ouh, I'm afraid I'll need some help to refresh my memory.  :adorkable: Probably knowing how and when we've met would do the thing.  :P

Anyway, thank you for your support!  :yay:  Hopefully things with the project will get serious soon; being jobless would absolutely work!  :-P Either way, recruitment will be announced, though if you wish, I could additionally message you once things would be prepared.  :)  

3rd page :D And yes, be sure to message me once things are ready.

(edited)

Oh, I see!  :D At first I was thinking of private conversations or other private interactions. There were many ponies coming to this thread (surprisingly), so that's why I may have some troubles with remembering each one, not mentioning, that some keep changing their usernames and profile pictures, but now I see, that you're that nice person.  :) Told ya, that telling me how and when we've met will do the thing!  ;)

Okie dokie! I'll message you. Be patient though, as it can take ages to get to that point.  :-P

Edited by Rikifive

• 3 weeks later...

This game... I've passed by it a few times but this is the first time I've really looked at it and i have one question

Do you have an ETA on a demo or an actual release date

Sorry to disappoint you, but I can't really tell anything at the moment.
Currently the game is on hiatus, due to me being loaded with work... and private messages. I can't believe I'm getting spammed like this. :twi: 

Anyway, I'm trying to organize my time better, but I still have some things to do first. I'm really sorry for that. My job  ruins my plans. :twi:

• 3 weeks later...

@HereComesTom At the moment I'm pretty busy with the forums - not only these forums. :P There are things happening, so I have tons of work to do, not mentioning, that my job ruins most of the plans. :twi: 

I believe it should be getting better at some point - I hope it will.

At the moment this project is suspended, but do not confuse it with being abandoned. Once I'll get done with things, I'll happily get back to this game. Sorry for the lack of progress. :rarity:

That's good to hear, that at least you are doing some progress there. Keep it up! :)