Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

There should be a season 7

St3venp

I would think if one really liked a show, it wouldn't get stale to them. I've watched shows that have had several seasons, and maybe I didn't like some choices that were made or wound up not even liking where the show had gone and felt it wasn't the same anymore, but I wanted them to fix it, make it better, or make some changes. Not cancel it.

Just my opinion I guess. I can see where you're coming from, but I still only see that as something that needs to be corrected.

Well, it happened with SpongeBob. Who's to say FiM won't go down the same road? Really though, I want the show to end because I don't see what other stories could be told. I just don't want it to turn into the writers having a "God, I have to write another one of these. Can't I work on something else?" attitude.

I'm rather surprised by this thread. And pretty confused.

90% of the people on it are saying they don't want there to be a seventh season. Yet as far as I'm aware, they're all fans of the series because, after all, they're on this website. What I don't get is how you can be a fan of something yet want it to end. Whenever I read a website article about a show, the comments are either one or the other- they are either fans of the show and want there to be more, they're fans that want the show to continue but get better than it currently is, or they aren't fans at all either because they never were or they just don't like the show anymore and want it to end.

Yet what I'm seeing here is fans who want this series to end- yet are still fans. I can't really wrap my head around that. And before anyone gets offended, no, I'm not saying you're not a fan if you want this show to end, I'm just saying I don't understand the concept. Sure, maybe season six wasn't all that great (haven't seen it yet, so I don't know), but why is that the reason you want the whole show to end? I would think that either some of the writers or developers need to get replaced, the current ones just need to do a better job, or there needs to be some changes for the better. Not cancelling the whole series because of one lackluster season. :/

Let's say you take a video game series. Like Assassin's Creed, God of War, Halo, or Madden NFL. Now you can be a fan of one of those games; however, you start getting tired of them, and feel like the run their course.

You can be a fan of something, and yet still get tired of it at the same time. Like I'm a HUGE fan of Assassin's Creed games, but I feel like they have started to get stale. That is what I feel most people are thinking MLP is doing. They are fans of the show, but even fans can get tired of their favorite serise.

I agree, I think there should be a season 7. Season 6 seems a bit too early to end it to me, I'm not even close to being tired of ponies yet, and so far, despite a lot of the negativity, I've really enjoyed season 6. It's got plenty of enjoyable episodes, and a few of my new favorites in it. I don't like it quite as much as 5 yet, but I adore 5 to death so this isn't much of a surprise to me. It's still great, and right up there with 2 and 4 as one of my favorites.

Honestly, I'm getting a bit disheartened by all the negativity about season six, and all the desires to see the show end. There's nothing wrong with disliking this season, or wanting the show to end. Those are both totally valid opinions to have, but lately it feels like the "The show has gone downhill" is the majority opinion I see the most, and I couldn't disagree more.

Then again, I love this show to death. I'm aware of it's flaws, it's not perfect by any means, but if it continues to put out content like the last 6 or so seasons? I'll watch it forever, probably. I can't get tired of it, been here since season 1, at times it was the only thing keeping me going.

Basically, yeah. I want season 7...and maybe 8...9 could be nice too?

• Brohoof 5

I've been enjoying season 6 a surprising amount after how much season 5 disappointed me, and I feel like the writers are finally willing to try legitimately new things, even if they haven't quite figured out how to make the characters truly feel like they're moving forward again. It's hard to say at this point, but a hypothetical seventh season could figure out what didn't work in season 6 and improve upon it for season 7 while continuing the structural, tonal, and stylistic risks that I identify with the current season. Plus, if it realizes that simplistic moral-driven episodes didn't work for season 6, then it's possible that season 7 could be even more fun than season 6 has been.

The writers never really stopped knowing how to write lessons, and thankfully they're actually interested in linking those morals to the main characters on a consistent basis again (seriously, season 5's emphasis on new characters was a huge mistake), so if more of these writers get a better grasp for the character and figure out how to best tie the morals to the characters while still being entertaining, it could be the best this show has been in years without benefitting from how low a bar that is. Not to mention that there's an ever-increasing number of characters with potential stories to tell, and there's more and more writers on board who are getting used to the characters. This season still has plenty of room for improvement, and I think that with the new staff getting used to the show, there's a lot of potential. I wouldn't be sad if season 7 moved the show towards its conclusion, as the show is past its prime, but it still has some juice left in it. 

Season 6 is not what I'd hoped it would be. I'll admit to that. But if you'd asked me if I wanted another season after season 5, I don't think I would have been so excited for it, even with all of the groundwork which season 5 lay. I'll have to see how season 6 wraps up, but at this point, I'm not at all against another season happening - although, if the show doesn't suddenly develop a strong idea of what it seeks to do with each of its characters, perhaps only one more. 

It's going to happen.  But for once, I would like for the Mane 6 to lose to the big bad at the end of the Premier just to spice things up.

Season 2 came as close as this show can, with Discord successfully inverting the personalities of all of the mane 6. Celestia practically had to bail them out. Anything more than that would require a level of serialisation and consistent darkness of tone which this show just isn't allowed to have. 

G3 Pinkie Pie's VA will work in some current gen pony work. I doubt it'll be fore the movie, as I think they'll be focusing on big name celebrities voicing there, AND they should be done casting by now. And I doubt it's for this season either as it must be done by now. so that either leaves a S7, and/or EG5

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2016/09/possible-season-7-confirmation-with.html

• Brohoof 1

Season 2 came as close as this show can, with Discord successfully inverting the personalities of all of the mane 6. Celestia practically had to bail them out. Anything more than that would require a level of serialisation and consistent darkness of tone which this show just isn't allowed to have. 

I dunno.  IT would be really interesting if a villain not only beats the Mane 6, but also Celestia, Luna, Discord, Starlight Glimmer, etc. all during the Season Premier, resulting in the heroes gathering enough strength to beat him/her back during the finale.

But that would mean setting the Mane 6/Spike/Discord/Starlight/Celestia/Luna back big time and forcing them to go through a hard path to regain everything they lost.

I dunno.  IT would be really interesting if a villain not only beats the Mane 6, but also Celestia, Luna, Discord, Starlight Glimmer, etc. all during the Season Premier, resulting in the heroes gathering enough strength to beat him/her back during the finale.

But that would mean setting the Mane 6/Spike/Discord/Starlight/Celestia/Luna back big time and forcing them to go through a hard path to regain everything they lost.

And I don't think that kind of radical change is something the show will ever be able to do, just by way of its own limitations. It's not allowed to have a continuous storyline, which is what that would require. And personally, I don't think that really sounds like the right direction for the show; it sounds more like the premise for a cliched action series than anything related to MLP. 

Will there be a season 7?

Most likely, yes.  :P

Do I want there to be a season 7?

H!@# F!@$!#! YES!!!!!!!!!!!! I WANT THIS SHOW TO LAST FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :love:  :love:  :love:

*Edit: As long as there is no more Flurry Heart...  :eww:

Edited by Babyyoshi309
  • Brohoof 1

I'm rather surprised by this thread. And pretty confused.

90% of the people on it are saying they don't want there to be a seventh season. Yet as far as I'm aware, they're all fans of the series because, after all, they're on this website. What I don't get is how you can be a fan of something yet want it to end. Whenever I read a website article about a show, the comments are either one or the other- they are either fans of the show and want there to be more, they're fans that want the show to continue but get better than it currently is, or they aren't fans at all either because they never were or they just don't like the show anymore and want it to end.

Yet what I'm seeing here is fans who want this series to end- yet are still fans. I can't really wrap my head around that. And before anyone gets offended, no, I'm not saying you're not a fan if you want this show to end, I'm just saying I don't understand the concept. Sure, maybe season six wasn't all that great (haven't seen it yet, so I don't know), but why is that the reason you want the whole show to end? I would think that either some of the writers or developers need to get replaced, the current ones just need to do a better job, or there needs to be some changes for the better. Not cancelling the whole series because of one lackluster season. :/

I do agree with your perspective, but I also see where everyone is coming from. Unfortunately, this season has been a bit disappointing for me. Sure, there are great episodes like The Gift of the Maud Pie, Gauntlet of Fire and Stranger than Fanfiction, but then there are episodes like Applejack's Day Off, and The Cart Before the Ponies. The Crystalling is probably my least favourite season premier, or at least tied for the least with The Crystal Empire. Sure, I still enjoyed it, but it lacks something that other season premiers have. The writers went for a more slice of lifey season with no overarching story arc which isn't necessarily a bad thing IMHO, but the writing quality just hasn't been quite as good as in previous seasons overall.

But, I also believe that a lacklustre season is not a sign that the series should just end. For one thing, a lot of the writing staff has either left or isn't as involved in the writing of episodes anymore and there are mostly new writers on staff now who often need time to get a feel for the world and characters and some have already started to improve. I'm sure season 7, if it is indeed greenlit, will be better. Also, I still really enjoy this series and don't want it to end. That would only leave me with the comics, chapter books and other occasional piece of supplementary material. Noooo!!!!!!!!!!! I'd probably have to take up the Gameloft game again or try even harder to find the right connections to acquire CCG booster packs for a reasonable price. First world problems suck!

In all due seriousness though, I can see why people want the series to end before too long. I mean, with anime/manga I don't normally touch series over 52 episodes/chapters long with a 39 and 1/2 foot pole. I've made exceptions every once in a while for truly exceptional series but I have pretty much zero interest in long, ongoing series. I find stories in Japanese media work better when they have a defined beginning, middle and end. Western media can be better at maintaining the status quo and just having fun ongoing series that are enjoyable with characters we can grow attached to. However, even Western series can stagnate and even really popular franchises that have been going on forever have problems when they keep going and going with no end in sight.

Do people hate the Simpsons? Generally, no, but if asked most people don't think the majority of seasons in the double digits have been quite as good yet it's past season 25 (I think) and has to be nearing 600 episodes. But that's an extreme example. People quote Sponge Bob as a more likely scenario with a series that has been going on for a good while but isn't quite as good as it used to be. Fans don't want ponies to end up like that. They'd rather it go out on a high note than drag on as a shadow of its former self.

• Brohoof 1

And I don't think that kind of radical change is something the show will ever be able to do, just by way of its own limitations. It's not allowed to have a continuous storyline, which is what that would require. And personally, I don't think that really sounds like the right direction for the show; it sounds more like the premise for a cliched action series than anything related to MLP. 

What's wrong with action series?

Oh, and one more thing- what exactly do you define as stale? If you like something the way it is, how does it become stale?

It becomes stale when you start seeing more character regression than progression. It becomes stale when you start to realize that some of the episode plots we're getting have actually been done before, only with a different coat of paint. It becomes stale when you start to realize that the show has peaked, and it most likely isn't going to get any better than it's already been, only worse. 

Just because I'm a fan of this show doesn't mean I'm going to turn a blind eye when it noticeably starts going downhill. 

How can you be a fan of something and want it to end, you ask? Because many people would much rather have a show end while it's still good, rather than continue on indefinitely and become a shadow of what it once was. 

I would think that either some of the writers or developers need to get replaced, the current ones just need to do a better job, or there needs to be some changes for the better. Not cancelling the whole series because of one lackluster season. :/

The problem is that nearly everyone who was involved in the show from the very beginning has moved on. 

Faust? Gone. McCarthy? Gone. Larson? Gone. Rogers? Gone. 

In general, something like that does not tend to bode well for a show's continued quality. Season 6 has mostly been left to the devices of new writers and most of them (not all, but most) have simply failed to impress. Unless the "changes" include somehow getting the old writers to come back, I don't really think there's much that can be done about the state of the show. 

Especially while you have someone like Josh Haber at the helm, who evidently receives scripts featuring horrendous characterization of the mane six, and yet still sees fit to approve them for production. 

Edited by Cleverclover
  • Brohoof 3

Personally, yes. Season 6 has been underwhelming, and that's heavily due to having pretty much a full team of new writers, and most of the old ones are gone. I also heard somewhere that none of the new writers have watched any of the older episodes, so that may be another reason why this season has been lackluster.

Also, if the show ended on this season, and the movie, it would be highly disappointing. To end the show on a bad note would not feel good. Maybe the new writers just need to improve.

• Brohoof 1

They're professional writers. I doubt they are going to look to something as lame as Fanfiction.net for inspiration. Though, I would be happy with a Trixie and Blueblood shipping episode.

I don't want there to be a season seven. I'd say the show has run its course and that it's time for the mane six to take a bow. After all, there's always the possibility of a gen five that can step in after a couple years of silence. An edgier series that can take on much darker subject matter than FiM can.

. Outside of the idea of an edgier MLP series, this echoes my feelings on this subject perfectly.

Ill be honest I don't think the new writers are very good and are only there Becuase mlp (used to be) very popular. I recently started rewatching some of season 1,2, & 3 episodes and I noticed they still hold up. Every time I watch an older episode I just feel like there was a lot more...care in the writing and the characters that I don't feel watching it now. It dosent help the I feel Josh is a terrible writer.

Huh, could of sworn they said Taurturus in that episode.

Nah, during the storybook segment, when they talk about Tirek's origins, they mention at the end "Scorpan returned to his own land, and Tirek was sentenced to Tartarus for his crimes."

I can see how the mistake would be made if you hadn't seen it in a while though. 

No, it was stated to last for 9 YEARS.

Which doesn't necessarily mean they'll mean a season each year. It's possible they'll end FiM, but continue with a spinoff, sequel, or something :huh: