Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

There should be a season 7

St3venp

I never want the show to end! But I feel the end if coming soon, I have a strong feeling there will be a season 7, but the only reason I don't think there will be is that fact they haven't announced anything yet. With season 5, they announced that there would be a season 6 quite early on during the season. And now season 6 is slowly nearing it's end, we haven't heard anything!

If there is a season 7 (which I really hope there is.) I would strongly think that would be the last season, then the movie would wrap everything up.

I hope, but right now it seems like ending the show with the movie is a good idea, but i don't want it to end

I actually would love for the show to end with a movie; it seems like the best way to make it end IMO.

the only finales that I would accept as finales for the show are best night ever and Twilight's kingdom. All the others have been just poor for closing the series IMO.

After seeing what the S6 finale is gonna be, now I know damn well I don't want the series to end with S6

Yeah. The final episode for the show being about Starlight and a bunch of secondary B characters?

The episode to wrap up the ENTIRE show from the get go, about the mane six and spike not even being about them?

I can't imagine a WORSE finale for the show XD

Which doesn't necessarily mean they'll mean a season each year. It's possible they'll end FiM, but continue with a spinoff, sequel, or something :huh:

I'd make a "Guardians of harmony" joke, but the staff confirmed it was just a toyline :(

Ill be honest I don't think the new writers are very good and are only there Becuase mlp (used to be) very popular. I recently started rewatching some of season 1,2, & 3 episodes and I noticed they still hold up. Every time I watch an older episode I just feel like there was a lot more...care in the writing and the characters that I don't feel watching it now. It dosent help the I feel Josh is a terrible writer.

Agreed.

That being said, I think that certain writers are still good, like joanna lewis and Kristie songco are pretty good, and there's hope that larson might return in the future.

but damnit, haber just needs to go >.<

. Outside of the idea of an edgier MLP series, this echoes my feelings on this subject perfectly.

I don't want "ow the edge", but I would enjoy the rating being moved from Y to Y7 so fights could have a little more weight to them. (like how hasbro explicitly said no punching tirek about twilight's kingdom)

I want the show to keep going for another several seasons. I feel like I'm in the minority but I am enjoying season 6 quite a bit and even if some episodes are weak, every season had that. Every season had strong episodes too. And I always look forward to getting a new song.

The only part of the franchise I dislike is Equestria Girls. I just am not into high school type stuff. Maybe if they were humanized as adults I'd have enjoyed it more, but really I think I just prefer them as ponies and want them to stay that way.

• Brohoof 1

Thinking about it, I wonder what the sales for the upcoming christmas season will be like.

Looking back at the fairly oddparents... maybe it's time they end it here.

I'm suddenly reminded of people comparing flurry heart to poof :P

The thing is, I KNOW they can do a good job, they just have to have the right people, and have people actually care about it.

Yes, there absolutely should be a season 7. After reading the synopsis for the season 6 finale, there is no way that they would wrap up the entire series just like that! I've said this in other topic posts before, but I really want MLP to call it quits once they hit the 200 episode mark. That would be Season 9 episode 5, if season 7 and 8 are 26 episodes each (assuming there will even be a season 8). 

We already know that there will most likely be a 7th season of MLP. So let's just sit back and continue to enjoy the glorious adventure that these ponies have taken us on for the past 6 years  :proud:

OK! So it started in 2010, one season per year which means I am still right. 9 Seasons. 

I guess three more seasons wouldn't hurt! Just as long as all of our pony questions are answered by that time. The 200th episode will be in season 9! So we get another Slice of Life during the final season! :D Well just as long as we don't get another 13-episode season.

I guess three more seasons wouldn't hurt! Just as long as all of our pony questions are answered by that time. The 200th episode will be in season 9! So we get another Slice of Life during the final season! :D Well just as long as we don't get another 13-episode season.

Yeah, Personally I think a season 7 or 8 end would be great, but with 9 we get to the point to where writers will be out of ideas just at the right moment when they are still able to bring everything to a good close. Maybe even a second movie a year after to bring everything to a even better end!  :P

Yeah, Personally I think a season 7 or 8 end would be great, but with 9 we get to the point to where writers will be out of ideas just at the right moment when they are still able to bring everything to a good close. Maybe even a second movie a year after to bring everything to a even better end!  :P

That's what I was thinking - have season 9 bring all the characters' stories to a close. Like Rarity opening so many boutiques that she turned into a cooperation and let it go to her head, Pinkie taking over Sugarcube Corner, Applejack learning some secrets about her parents, the CMCs working nationally, Spike finding out where he comes from, a Celestia episode... yunno, stuff like that! :3

• Brohoof 1

I say that every show has it's ups and downs. I have said in regards to a reply in my Warriors discussion... There will and should always be ongoing, as long as there is yet stories to tell and the demands of the audience is still there. The latest season. Some have shown was not as good as previous seasons. Some episodes stood out in their minds while others fell short. Some, for children they spotted the blatant obvious that MLP is still for kids. Yet I doubt that's an excuse. I've noted many writers missing or left. MA Larson, Meghan McCarthy whom I heard was working on EG and th MLP movie. So far Josh Haber has been at the helm. Will MLP FiM meet its inevitable series finale? Yes as many shows do and have. Many that might have been cancelled or ended too soon. I once heard that a show like The Simpsons or Family Guy. Are noted being still on the air. Family Guy has actually seen its end a few times but was brought back. In regards to my point before trailing off. I had once heard that a show ends in order to avoid becoming stale. I love Futurama and It was bitter sweet to see it go. However with the entire show on Netflix. Plus the movies dubbed "Season 5". It will always be there for me to enjoy. Would I like to see Futurama return? Perhaps, but what would they do with it? The Simpsons and Family Guy both still on as I said. I doubt they know what they're doing at this point. Each episode is just another day as far as I'm concerned. I remember the crossover. Family Guy went to Simpsons and throughout you see the VAST differences between the two shows once said to be similar in terms of characters. Family Guy's Peter Griffin being a sort of Homer Simpson. I also remember when Futurama came to Springfield in their crossover. Ya know the shows and character designs are similar. Matt Groening did both. And you can see it as Lisa Simpson points that Futurama's Bender looks oddly like a metal Homer? I don't see the comparison myself. Where am I going with this? MLP FiM is apart from those shows. Yet it could have the same problems. A show that goes on and on can outlive it's goodness. And fall into mediocre territory. I suppose they could avoid that if they keep it fresh and not linger on things. Why should the mane six or CMC learn lessons that they could have and felt like material back in early seasons like Season 2 or 3. And as long as there is stories to tell and that hey still grab our attention. Lest we Lise interest or something... In the end. It's all up to the creators, writers and artists as to the final outcome of the show. Maybe we bridge into a new fresh series the populace dubs Generation 5 or Gen 5... Breathing new life into the show as a mare and stallion bring a new colt or filly into the world... Who knows.

If there's a season 7 I hope they put Twilight in more episodes. I really don't like how we've been seeing less and less of her Seasons 5 & 6

S5 I don't really know what you're talking about; She had just as many episodes as the other characters, not to mention the finale.

Now, S6 there's a legitimate complaint, and that's due to starlight: specifically, the current "arc" for twilight is "being starlight's teacher". Unfortunately, this means that most of twilight's episodes have been "eaten" to be starlight episodes instead with Twilight co-starring.

Like no second prances and a hearth's warming tale: both CO-STAR twilight, so she still has alot of time, but isn't the central character since her role is "teacher" which neccessitates starlight.

Easy way to fix this: boot starlight out, find a new arc for twilight.

There will be a season 8 at this rate. As soon as the movie hits the big screens there will be more fans and more hype. Besides, my little pony is Discovery Kid's flag ship show. That would be like Fox giving up on The Simpsons or Futurama(dun Dunn dunnnnn)

There will be a season 8 at this rate. As soon as the movie hits the big screens there will be more fans and more hype. Besides, my little pony is Discovery Kid's flag ship show. That would be like Fox giving up on The Simpsons or Futurama(dun Dunn dunnnnn)

That's assuming the movie manages to hit it out of the park. The 80s stigma of the series is going to be a definite hurdle to overcome for real success.

• 2 weeks later...

I think they'd be able to make one more season before the movie, and then end the series with the movie itself. I really hope that Season 7 would be stronger than Season 6, though, since thus far I haven't been too impressed with the episodes this season. Really the only ones I liked were the ones focusing on Starlight.