Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

There should be a season 7

St3venp

Do you think that there will be a season 7? There are lots of stuff that they didn't show, let's use rainbow dash as an example, she just achieved her dream and became a wonder bolt, at least they can make more episodes of her with the wonderbolts. And i think, we haven't seen all of the mane six's parents yet, Applejack is probably going to explain what happened to them in s6 e23, and that leaves only rainbow's parents, maybe they can make an episode with her parents and talk about why she moved to ponyville, we've seen her dad, but where's her mom? And maybe more about twilight's parents too? Anyways what do u guys think?

• Brohoof 2

There will most likely be another season before the movie opens next year.

I hope, but right now it seems like ending the show with the movie is a good idea, but i don't want it to end

Rumor's popping up about how a Season 7 especially with the recent announcement of Pinkie Pie's old VA voicing someone. 

Honestly I both want and don't want a S7. S6 has been a huge disappointment to me and I feel I'd be a really lousy final season, on the other hand, I also feel that if S6 is any indication, S7 won't be up to snuff like S6

Plus there are plenty of things they could still do that they haven't done already

A Celestia episode, and we still haven't seen Scootaloo's or RD's parents(properly at least)

Rumor's popping up about how a Season 7 especially with the recent announcement of Pinkie Pie's old VA voicing someone. 

Honestly I both want and don't want a S7. S6 has been a huge disappointment to me and I feel I'd be a really lousy final season, on the other hand, I also feel that if S6 is any indication, S7 won't be up to sn

Don't they have a 5 year contract? I think season 6 has been pretty strong so far.

Do you think that there will be a season 7?

Do I think there will be? Unfortunately, yes.

Do I want there to be? Hell no.

Season 6 has clearly proven that there is nowhere else to take the mane six but down. There is evidently no further lessons for them to learn except for the ones they've already learned, and no more mistakes for them to make except for the ones they've made and learned from before. Barely any room for them to surprise us with any new character studies, but plenty of room for them to disappoint us with horrendous characterization. 

After almost eighteen episodes, barely anything has progressed this season. Starlight and the post-marked CMC, two of the biggest reasons the show had to continue past season five, have barely been anywhere to be found all season. There's no season-long arc, and there is apparently nothing that this season is building up towards. 

I do not want another season of this. I do not want another season of the mane six spinning their wheels and going nowhere. I do not want another season full of filler episodes in which the mane six act like they haven't developed past season 2. 

But I think there will be another season simply because I think Hasbro will unfortunately run the last popular show they have into the ground before even thinking about ending it. 

• Brohoof 1

Season 6 has clearly proven that there is nowhere else to take the mane six but down. There is evidently no further lessons for them to learn except for the ones they've already learned, and no more mistakes for them to make except for the ones they've made and learned from before. Barely any room for them to surprise us with any new character studies, but plenty of room for them to disappoint us with horrendous characterization. 

After almost eighteen episodes, barely anything has progressed this season. Starlight and the post-marked CMC, two of the biggest reasons the show had to continue past season five, have barely been anywhere to be found all season. There's no season-long arc, and there is apparently nothing that this season is building up towards. 

I do not want another season of this. I do not want another season of the mane six spinning their wheels and going nowhere. I do not want another season full of filler episodes in which the mane six act like they haven't developed past season 2. 

But I think there will be another season simply because I think Hasbro will unfortunately run the last popular show they have into the ground before even thinking about ending it. Ima

I will actually be happy if they get ideas from some of the amazing fanfics out there, that will be sick

I will actually be happy if they get ideas from some of the amazing fanfics out there, that will be sick

Writers are not allowed to read fanfics.

• Brohoof 3

But I think there will be another season simply because I think Hasbro will unfortunately run the last popular show they have into the ground before even thinking about ending it.

I think they should start to focus more on developing minor characters now.

• Brohoof 2

I think they should start to focus more on developing minor characters now.

I think that's what they've been doing with Spike. They've moved him from being comic relief to being a skilled diplomat (forming an alliance with the dragons, befriending a changeling). 

• Brohoof 1

Besides, many fanfics aren't exactly child-friendly.

oh there are ones that are appropriate and really good, some are really touching too and i would say the writers are more talented than the professional ones

mlp season 7 shall occur,i hope cartoon network doesnt troll it like poerpuff girls or teen titans,mlp doesnt deserve that :)

sig-4661841.maxresdefault.jpg

But its not on Cartoon Network.

Anyway season 6 has been really wishy washy as far as quality goes. I think its time for the show to say its final goodbye it had a good run (especially in the golden age of 2011 - 2012) but really no show can stay on forever and stay good eventually it turns into Spongebob and Fairly Odd Parents.

• Brohoof 1

But its not on Cartoon Network.

Anyway season 6 has been really wishy washy as far as quality goes. I think its time for the show to say its final goodbye it had a good run (especially in the golden age of 2011 - 2012) but really no show can stay on forever and stay good eventually it turns into Spongebob and Fairly Odd Parents.

Yeah, season 7 should wrap up the show, give final stories to the Mane Six, Spike, the CMCs, the princesses, Discord, and the rest of the characters. Some epic conclusions before the movie finale.

• Brohoof 1

I want a Season 7, and I think that Season 7 will not be the end of the show. There is still a HUGE amount of loose ends to tie up. Like why did the Yak's need to be asked to aid Equestria? Where did Zecora come from? Are we going to see Rainbow's parents? Will Discord finally figure out how to make friends without the help of Fluttershy?

So many questions, and we have zero answers so far.

Edited by Crusaders Forever
  • Brohoof 2

Yeah, season 7 should wrap up the show, give final stories to the Mane Six, Spike, the CMCs, the princesses, Discord, and the rest of the characters. Some epic conclusions before the movie finale.

I know this isn't going to happen but maybe the plot of the movie could get set up in the finale.

They're professional writers. I doubt they are going to look to something as lame as Fanfiction.net for inspiration. Though, I would be happy with a Trixie and Blueblood shipping episode.

I don't want there to be a season seven. I'd say the show has run its course and that it's time for the mane six to take a bow. After all, there's always the possibility of a gen five that can step in after a couple years of silence. An edgier series that can take on much darker subject matter than FiM can.

I'm rather surprised by this thread. And pretty confused.

90% of the people on it are saying they don't want there to be a seventh season. Yet as far as I'm aware, they're all fans of the series because, after all, they're on this website. What I don't get is how you can be a fan of something yet want it to end. Whenever I read a website article about a show, the comments are either one or the other- they are either fans of the show and want there to be more, they're fans that want the show to continue but get better than it currently is, or they aren't fans at all either because they never were or they just don't like the show anymore and want it to end.

Yet what I'm seeing here is fans who want this series to end- yet are still fans. I can't really wrap my head around that. And before anyone gets offended, no, I'm not saying you're not a fan if you want this show to end, I'm just saying I don't understand the concept. Sure, maybe season six wasn't all that great (haven't seen it yet, so I don't know), but why is that the reason you want the whole show to end? I would think that either some of the writers or developers need to get replaced, the current ones just need to do a better job, or there needs to be some changes for the better. Not cancelling the whole series because of one lackluster season. :/

Edited by Chrylestia600
  • Brohoof 6

I'm rather surprised by this thread. And pretty confused.

90% of the people on it are saying they don't want there to be a seventh season. Yet as far as I'm aware, they're all fans of the series because, after all, they're on this website. What I don't get is how you can be a fan of something yet want it to end. Whenever I read a website article about a show, the comments are either one or the other- they are either fans of the show and want there to be more, they're fans that want the show to continue but get better than it currently is, or they aren't fans at all either because they never were or they just don't like the show anymore and want it to end.

Yet what I'm seeing here is fans who want this series to end- yet are still fans. I can't really wrap my head around that. And before anyone gets offended, no, I'm not saying you're not a fan if you want this show to end, I'm just saying I don't understand the concept. Sure, maybe season six wasn't all that great (haven't seen it yet, so I don't know), but why is that the reason you want the whole show to end? I would think that either some of the writers or developers need to get replaced or the current ones just need to do better. Not cancel the whole series because of one lackluster season. :/

Easy. We want the show to end before it can be stale. We don't want it to continue and lose what made it good.
  • Brohoof 1

Easy. We want the show to end before it can be stale. We don't want it to continue and lose what made it good.

I would think if one really liked a show, it wouldn't get stale to them. I've watched shows that have had several seasons, and maybe I didn't like some choices that were made or wound up not even liking where the show had gone and felt it wasn't the same anymore, but I wanted them to fix it, make it better, or make some changes. Not cancel it.

Just my opinion I guess. I can see where you're coming from, but I still only see that as something that needs to be corrected.

Oh, and one more thing- what exactly do you define as stale? If you like something the way it is, how does it become stale?

Edited by Chrylestia600
  • Brohoof 1