Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Full Powered Tirek (w/o Discord power) vs. Discord

cider float

So who do you think would win in a fight? From what I remembered Tirek could not outright take Discord's magic unless Discord was mentally confused/incapacitated as he was when he was betrayed by Tirek. But could Tirek have just taken Discord's magic outright? Or could Discord just snap his fingers and throw Tirek into a prison that he wouldn't be able to get out no matter how powerful? 

Edited by cider float

I know Discord can alter reality but from what I've observed he doesn't seem to be able to use it to directly hurt others....merely torment or manipulate them....though I'm not sure if those limits are just due to his own hubris.

Tirek on the other hand seems to be able to just wreck everything....That and maxed out power would give him Celestia, Luna, and Cadence's magic as well as most of Equestria's....

I think Tirek has the highest chance to win but I wouldn't count discord out of the fight either.

Tirek. At that state he has basically no direct competition. Discord is the master of chaos, but everything he does is still magic and Tirek at that point is nearly a god in terms of magical power. Plus Discord is more of a master prankster, whereas Tirek is nearly the embodiment of evil itself.

Pretty sure Tirek could just take his power regardless. He didn't need Alicorn magic to take it from him and I don't think he needs discord to be taken off guard, he already had enough pony magic with his own to be able to just take it from Discord. 

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly I think Discord would win if he was set on fighting Tirek. He can warp reality itself, so he shouldn't have much of a problem dealing with Tirek's raw power. Eventually he'd get bored toying with Tirek and...well, I don't know what he'd do, but he'd certainly finish the fight.

Pretty sure Tirek could just take his power regardless. He didn't need Alicorn magic to take it from him and I don't think he needs discord to be taken off guard, he already had enough pony magic with his own to be able to just take it from Discord. 

I don't know there seems to be a limitation to Tirek's absorbing ability. Like for instance during the fight with Twilight he couldn't absorb her magic.

Heck he even had her within his grasp with telekinesis but instead of absorbing her magic he threw her into a mountain this could suggest he can't absorb magic from a pony that resists him or is nearly as powerful as him or more. Why would he have to propose a trade with her friends to absorb her magic? Probably because he can only use it on anyone that is incapacitated or mentally unstable, which could be way he employed Discord to create a confusion to grab a hold of all the ponies. There's also a range in which he can absorb magic it's not infinite distance.

Edited by cider float