Is your refrigerator divided vertically or horizontally?

DubWolf

This has got to be the most original post I've seen this month. :P Mine is organized horizontally so that the freezer is on one side, and the refrigerator is on the other. ^^

• Brohoof 4

Horizontal, freezer in one massive drawer on the bottom while the fridge is double doors on top.

Old fridge used to be the vertical, I actually liked that style a bit more, you did not have to reach inside the fridge to use the water dispenser.  New one has it on the inside, so you have to prop the door open to use it, which means warm air goes in and cold air goes out. 

Is keeping two separate units, one a fridge and one a freezer, in two separate locations really such an unusual practice? Back at university the fridge was at one end of the kitchen and the freezer was at the other; as and when I have scrounged or bought my own I will most likely end up with a similar arrangement (depending on where all the plugs are in the kitchen.)

Edited by Once In A Blue Moon

The one we share in the house I live in has the freezer on top, and the fridge on the bottom. My mother has a side-by-side, which I think kinda sucks, not only are they the least energy efficient, but you cant fit anything wide in to either compartment. BTW, most efficient design for a fridge is the ones with the freezer on bottom and a single door for the fridge on top, but that may not be the most convenient.

Edited by Sapphire Lightning

For quite some time, we had one with the fridge on the bottom and the freezer on top.

After it broke, we bought a horizontal one with the freezer and ice/water dispenser on the left, and the fridge on the right.

Mine's vertical, with the freezer on top and the fridge on the bottom. It's brand new and too small, but the old fridge used to leak water all over the place and had to be replaced. 

I've never had a refrigerator that wasn't vertical. What a strange world I've existed in!  :wacko:

• Brohoof 1

Am I the only one who finds the wording of OP strange? It should be the other way around. It's divided horizontally if you have the freezer on top/bottom, and it's divided vertically if you have the fridge and freezer side-by-side. When saying which way something is divided, horizontally or vertically, you're referring to the divider itself, in this case the line between the fridge and freezer. You're not referring to the items being divided.

Sorry that just triggered me, lmao. My fridge is divided horizontally, the fridge is on top and the freezer is below it.

Am I the only one who finds the wording of OP strange? It should be the other way around. It's divided horizontally if you have the freezer on top/bottom, and it's divided vertically if you have the fridge and freezer side-by-side. When saying which way something is divided, horizontally or vertically, you're referring to the divider itself, in this case the line between the fridge and freezer. You're not referring to the items being divided.

Sorry that just triggered me, lmao. My fridge is divided horizontally, the fridge is on top and the freezer is below it.

Yeah I actually had a hard time trying to word it so sorry :l . I thought vertical = top/bottom, rather than how the "dividing line" was oriented. Edited by 95-Wolf