Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP and Steven Universe are the last cartoons left from the golden era

TheAnimatorOfficial

It is true that a lot of shows are ending, but that doesn't mean we won't have more good shows in the future. Heck, right now we got shows like Star Vs. the Forces of Evil and We Bare Bears. Those are probably going to go on for a while. Even this year, we got shows like The Loud House and Milo Murphy's Law. While I don't know what you guys think of those shows, I'm already loving them! As for when MLP ends, I'll be sad to see it go, but it will end after having a good run, so it won't be that bad, at least not for me.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have to disagree with a lot of people here. Since 2010 the quality of cartoons has increased a lot in my opinion, and the way things are this era is already probably better than the 90's. There are still plenty of good animated shows out there besides MLP and Steven Universe, and the general public is taking cartoons more seriously than they ever have, so I'm confident that there will still be great shows in the next years. Sure, there are terrible shows, but there have always been terrible shows and the good thing is that no one remembers (most of) them.

As for MLP ending, I would be sad because it's my favorite show. However, I don't think it's the only good show left or the best one, so I wouldn't be worried about the future of animation or the "golden era". What makes this show different in my opinion is how its community appeared and how it has influenced it, and I don't think something like that will happen again any time soon.

Edited by Baykush
  • Brohoof 2