Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you rate the series as a whole?

zerox

10/10, from a personal perspective. The show has flaws and isn't perfect, but it's easily my favorite show of all time, it pretty much always makes me smile, and has gotten some tears out of me on a few occasions. For whatever reason, this show emotionally connects with me in ways other shows simply don't.

• Brohoof 3

8.5/10
It's really fun, but some moments in it brought disappointment: some lackluster scenarios, underdeveloped villains... (looking at you, Sombra! Shame on you, you... you cool dark unicorn.. miss you)

And music. Catchy, funky music. I simply adore it.

• Brohoof 1

~9/10 as a whole.

The show is really well put together. It has amazing character development for any show let alone a cartoon, the episodes are generally satisfying to watch, and the show as a whole strikes a wondrous chord with me that resonates happiness. Plus, it did single-handedly make me quit trying to end my life at the ripe young age of 15.

10/10 IGN

No, but I'd rate it 9/10. Used to have a perfect score with Faust, but the pop culture references or memes or whatever nowadays and all that were plugged into the show have sorta...caused me some minor annoyances. Like that box thing, the reference to Metal Gear Solid. I don't like that kind of stuff. Episode 100, too...that whole episode was one long brony meme and I couldn't stand that. The Dr. Who references...I don't like Doctor Who, that's all I'll say.

I find it very hard to rate seasons, and sometimes episodes, let alone the show in general. Anyway, if my personal experience with the show is the only thing that counts I'd say it's a solid "it's my favorite show ever", which would probably be a 10/10, except other things I don't like as much are still 10/10 because translating enjoyment into numbers isn't reliable. Attempting to rate it as a whole, taking into account more "objective" standards, I'd say it's a B+. Really good but with some elements that keep it away from absolute excellence, even though some of its imperfections make it more enjoyable some times imo.

Something that really puts me off the show is that it has really predictable and repeated formula. Beginning = somewhat exciting battle/intro of new character; middle = filler episodes, ending = same as beginning.

I think adding variance would bolster the show and maybe moving on from the mane 6. Love the characters but dragging on and on about the same events gets kinda old.

The show isn't perfect--such a concept is impossible since everyone will have their differences--but what it does do right is provide a form of entertainment that has shattered numerous stereotypes, and features a cast of memorable characters that people can easily relate to. The pop culture references, while distracting at times, are a nice touch for the more older fans.

Oh, and I do include Equestria Girls into this. It may be a spin-off series but it's still part of the MLP brand for generation four. Overall, I give the show a 94% out of 100%.

Edited by Ganondorf8

Mlp:FiM:

8/10 It has some flaws, but it not like it is a major one.

MlpEqG:

6/10 and going down...

Edited by Satrox

I enjoy the show quite immensely and even though some certain things aren't perfect, I'll give it my approval of 8/10. I just hope that Season 7 would help bring up my rating for the show, not effecting it negatively.

10/10 IGN

No, but I'd rate it 9/10. Used to have a perfect score with Faust, but the pop culture references or memes or whatever nowadays and all that were plugged into the show have sorta...caused me some minor annoyances. Like that box thing, the reference to Metal Gear Solid. I don't like that kind of stuff. Episode 100, too...that whole episode was one long brony meme and I couldn't stand that. The Dr. Who references...I don't like Doctor Who, that's all I'll say.

You were upset Discord had a 4th wall esque Reference?

That's dumb

Faust show had references as well.

Also, the show doesn't have any memes incorporated into it lol, unless you count EQG

At OP

10/10, I have left these forums multiple times due to negativity, people ignore sometimes that for a childrens show, the writing is superb, the music is astounding, the animation is incredible.

7/10 I guess. Would've been higher about halfway through season 3, but then "Magical Mystery Cure," and then seasons 4 and 5, and while season 6 was pretty solid it's still got its issues. Season 1 is also kinda fluffy in hindsight but it's still pretty great. Show's never really been even in quality, though, and getting through the rough parts is just as important to enjoying it as buying into the typically lighthearted and naive tone. It's a high-quality kids' show which had a rough patch for a while, though one which I think is making huge steps towards recovery. Hard to call one of the best shows on TV, but then again, I watch it more than any other, so that must mean something.