Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you want Tirek reformed?

Tilgoreth

Well in my idea, no. Scorpan shows up at Tartarus and has a talk with Tirek and talks him into being a better person.

Yeah I could see that maybe working.

No, but i would like to see him return with Chrissy in the S7 finale

I guess that could be cool. It would make it more epic.
  • Brohoof 1

No, I don't want him to reform plus he probably would not conform, and he's an awesome being evil, and I hope he makes a return.

:kindness:  :kindness:  :kindness:  :kindness:  :kindness:  :kindness:  ;)  ;) 

I wouldn't mind him coming back. But I'd want them to explain how though.
  • Brohoof 2

Like many have said Scorpan would have to come int the fry first in order to redeem such a villain. Tirek seems so hell bend on power and control that he well a saturday morning villain who woke up one day and said 'i'm evil" hell Celestia backstory about Tirek was like that just 'i'm going to take over and have all the powder because..reasons"

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, I would have to agree with you there.

I guess Chrysalis could get rid of Cerburus and allow him to escape again.

Like many have said Scorpan would have to come int the fry first in order to redeem such a villain. Tirek seems so hell bend on power and control that he well a saturday morning villain who woke up one day and said 'i'm evil" hell Celestia backstory about Tirek was like that just 'i'm going to take over and have all the powder because..reasons"

Yeah he seems to be inherently evil.

If that would happen he could team up with iron will and help fearfully ponies.

attachicon.giffluttershy___iron_will_by_knightnew-d4s74i9.gif

But it won't happen, i don't wanna that this happens and that's it.

Iron Will wasn't a villain though.
  • Brohoof 1

With many villains on this show, yes, they could be reformed. Tirek is not one of them. How could he go from arguably the most evil character in the entire series, to a helping hand. It  would look and play out very stupidly.

Does this look like the sort of character who lends himself to reformation?

tirek__supreme_master_of_darkness_by_dra

• Brohoof 2

No is the answer for me. Tirek was obviously shown to hate pony-kind and everything to do with them. That is even why he didn't like his own brother. And besides, he is one of the few villains who hasn't been reformed yet. He really just isn't the kind of villain who should be, he's too evil. It really wouldn't make much logical sense if he did. Just my personal opinion.

Edited by NightmareLuna800
  • Brohoof 1

No. Just no. He and Chrysalis are both villains I DO NOT WANT REFORMED, EVER. For one, it just wouldn't be believable. At all. He has no reason at all to want to be friends with ponies, or anyone else. Secondly, there have been enough villains who've been reformed already, reforming him would just be entirely unnecessary and, from what I've seen, a move practically no one wants. So please, don't let it happen.

No is the answer for me. Tirek was obviously shown to hate pony-kind and everything to do with them. That is even why he didn't like his own brother. And besides, he is one of the few villains who haven't been reformed yet. He really just isn't the kind of villain who should be, he's too evil. It really wouldn't make much logical sense if he did. Just my personal opinion.

^Yes, this exactly. Edited by Chrylestia600
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 years later...
On 12/15/2016 at 9:33 PM, Jeric said:

No. His motivation was too standard fare villainous to allow a legit redemption. Control and power for powers sake.

Nightmare Moon was jealous and felt overlooked. Sunset was too ambitious. Starlight felt abandoned. At least they had a modicum of a chance to empathize. Reforming Tirek is like reforming Megatron or Skeletor (ignoring the dumb Christmas special). There is nothing there but "I MUST HAVE POWER AND RULE OVER YOU!".

80's villain motivation is cool for a kickass fight, but not for a redemption.

Yeah, the redemption would only work if he was fleshed out and changed, a bit like they did with Discord. Still half feel that pre-reform Discord is a different Discord to post-reform Discord and it took me ages to accept that development. 

*edit* ups just seen the date for this thread :P me and scoot just playing with the skellypony posts. 

Edited by abrony-mouse

• 2 weeks later...