Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

VR Waifus

Twiggy

I want one of these, but with a bro personality. "Brah, when you gettin home? Let's play some fuckin Battlefield!." Or maybe one with Carl from Aqua Team Hunger Force.

If I had to go with a waifu, it would probably be Misato (best girl) from Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Born too late to explore earth.

Born too early to explore space.

Born just in time for the waifu age.

Because you can supposedly use any 2d character that you like, who/what would you program into one of these things?

Of course these all start in Japan. In all seriousness, I would totally want one of these for my own place. Now I can imagine every brony who's got a waifu (which includes me) will go crazy over this thing for they can finally bring their waifu into reality...that is...unless you already have a tulpa. 

• Brohoof 1

I just found this on the Polandball Facebook page lol.  I actually find the idea to be kind of sad.  You don't have anybody left in your life so you get a virtual animie girl to be your friend, that's what I got from the video anyways.  It kind of makes me sad that some people are so alone that there is an actual demand for something like this.  I am guessing that most people will buy it just as a joke but still.

• Brohoof 2

In all seriousness, if they came in dude form I'd order a few dozen. For research purposes.

Someone in the comments said that they were programmable, but I can't confirm that because I can't Japanese very well.

Here's the link to the website just in case anyone can.

gatebox.ai/

I just found this on the Polandball Facebook page lol.  I actually find the idea to be kind of sad.  You don't have anybody left in your life so you get a virtual animie girl to be your friend, that's what I got from the video anyways.  It kind of makes me sad that some people are so alone that there is an actual demand for something like this.

There is nothing to be sad about. These virtual waifus will be a major boost to confidence. They will be a tool of utmost importance when the dawn of the beta uprising is upon us.

Edited by Twiggy
  • Brohoof 1

From a technological standpoint, this is actually a pretty cool idea, and I'm not surprised that the idea would originate in Japan first. When it comes to this kind of thing, the Japanese are usually on the ball long before other countries pick up on it. However, from a moral standpoint, it does seem a little awkward and acts as being a negative towards those who don't have much luck when it comes to love. If the option was included so that women could have a male avatar in that device, then it wouldn't be seen as awkward.

• Brohoof 1

Turning personal AI into geeks' waifus is a good marketing strategy. If this were some faceless plain AI like Siri, it wouldn't sell. But now weebs can rejoice knowing their waifu can kind of be real. lmao

• Brohoof 1

Turning personal AI into geeks' waifus is a good marketing strategy. If this were some faceless plain AI like Siri, it wouldn't sell. But now weebs can rejoice knowing their waifu can kind of be real. lmao
The comments section is the best thing about that video.

I want one of these, but with a bro personality. "Brah, when you gettin home? Let's play some fuckin Battlefield!." Or maybe one with Carl from Aqua Team Hunger Force.

If I had to go with a waifu, it would probably be Misato (best girl) from Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Born too late to explore earth.

Born too early to explore space.

Born just in time for the waifu age.

Because you can supposedly use any 2d character that you like, who/what would you program into one of these things?

Is there a pony option? I'd like a pony option, and since I don't expect, nor want to get married  :-P . DIBS ON CELLY  :yay:

From a technological standpoint, this is actually a pretty cool idea, and I'm not surprised that the idea would originate in Japan first. When it comes to this kind of thing, the Japanese are usually on the ball long before other countries pick up on it. However, from a moral standpoint, it does seem a little awkward and acts as being a negative towards those who don't have much luck when it comes to love. If the option was included so that women could have a male avatar in that device, then it wouldn't be seen as awkward.

Actually, I've watched a video years ago that there's a growing number of Japanese people who don't want to get married because they have far too little time to have a family (partly there's an increasing number of women who want a career, not being housewives), and not because of the virgin otaku weavs bullshit 

• Brohoof 1

There is nothing to be sad about. These virtual waifus will be a major boost to confidence. They will be a tool of utmost importance when the dawn of the beta uprising is upon us.

Joke? If not a joke I wanna hear where you are going with this lol.

And yeah the vid is sad, but imagine having the mane 6 or something that'd be nifty (also maybe too many text messages lol).

I think it'd be better if it were real ai and they could watch shows with you and present their ideas in character form even if it takes a few minutes for it to think of the right sentence. 

Is there a pony option? I'd like a pony option, and since I don't expect, nor want to get married  :-P . DIBS ON CELLY  :yay:

Actually, I've watched a video years ago that there's a growing number of Japanese people who don't want to get married because they have far too little time to have a family (partly there's an increasing number of women who want a career, not being housewives), and not because of the virgin otaku weavs bullshit 

I hear Japan already had a declining birth rate. So this seems like it'll just make it worse, but eh. 

But a problem with it is knowing its fake. Idk if I could do it seriously, think I would rather try daydreaming it all, like a tulpa but not permanently wasting my working memory on distracting me when I may not need to get distracted lol. Plus I already tried for tulpa, didn't have the discipline to try it.

I am prolly gonna be a pleb my whole life xD because I'm such a wimp.

That does make a lot of sense especially in Japan, and I have heard of such things myself.

So what we have here is a combination of an alarm clock, light switch, and chatbot given an anime look. Pure marketing genius, really, and I'm sure a lot of people would enjoy this, but honestly this video is just sad. I mean, dude's texting to a computer. I know AI's getting better and better but we're a far cry from having AIs like Cortana from Halo. For me things like this will inevitably end up in the uncanny valley just because there's no real understanding there.

I think it's pretty sweet.

It'd be interesting to see a guy adopt a kid and have her view the AI as her adopted mother.

They'd need to tweak the system (if they haven't already done it) to add Child care. I think it'd be an interesting social experiment o_o

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
1 minute ago, Stormfurry said:

You do realize these are wank bots... ?

Thats the opposite of a problem. Also no they're not. I'm sure you could program one to be NSFW, but it's pretty much just Alexa with an anime hologram.

Just now, Twiggy said:

Thats the opposite of a problem. Also no they're not. I'm sure you could program one to be NSFW, but it's pretty much just Alexa with an anime hologram.

If you watch enough vids, you'd understand why I said that.