Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Moon

Radiance64

The moon... a mysterious place in the FiM universe. All that's really known about it is that Night Mare Moon was banished there and that it has to be raised and lowered manually by magic. But I've been wondering, could there be more to this moon than meets the eye? Have other ponies been banished there? Could there be a secret society of moon ponies? Does anyone else wonder about this? What, if anything, do you think could be on FiM's moon? Discuss.

Celestia banishes ponies to the moon every day. It's no wonder Luna was banished there, she wanted to help them, so celestia claimed she was evil and trapped her in the moon. Instead of on the moon.

• Brohoof 1

For some reason that made me picture a bunch of ponies running around on the moon in little space suits.... and that would be awesome :lol:

But technically, according to the first two episodes, Nightmare Moon was banished IN the moon. Not ON the moon. So there probably isn't a whole lot up there. Just dust and rocks. But who knows. Maybe season 3 will explain it further?

• Brohoof 2

I think the moon, besides the whole NMM/Luna thing, is just like any old moon. Just like ours. :P

Ah, but this is the FiM universe we're talking about, full of magic and mythical creatures! I refuse to believe that their moon is as ordinary as the real world's unless the show proves otherwise! There must be something going on up there, I just know it! ;)

For some reason that made me picture a bunch of ponies running around on the moon in little space suits.... and that would be awesome :lol:

But technically, according to the first two episodes, Nightmare Moon was banished IN the moon. Not ON the moon. So there probably isn't a whole lot up there. Just dust and rocks. But who knows. Maybe season 3 will explain it further?

Faaaanservice! :P

For some reason that made me picture a bunch of ponies running around on the moon in little space suits.... and that would be awesome :lol: But technically, according to the first two episodes, Nightmare Moon was banished IN the moon. Not ON the moon. So there probably isn't a whole lot up there. Just dust and rocks. But who knows. Maybe season 3 will explain it further?

One can only hope... ;)

(edited)

At the height of her power, directly following the banishment of the kind, gentle and joking ruler known as Discord, Princess Celestia created Equestria with her sister Luna. At first, she was a kind and benevolent ruler, but her thirst for power grew, right along with that insane, anime-worthy hair of hers. Before long, her rule turned into a relentless regime, and she began to loose many of her followers.

Such rebels against the crown could not be tolerated.

Thusly, Princess Celestia, now dubbed Princess Trollestia by her haters, began to use the MOON (Most Obvious Offenders' Nuthouse) as a means to banish all those who she deemed to the public as 'loonies who are against the rule of Celestia!'. The banishings happened daily, until one day, Luna stepped up to her older sister in an attempt to stop her. However, after a long drawn out battle, she was was sent packing to the MOON like the rest of Trollestia's haters.

That, my ponies, is the true story of the mare in the moon.

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~
  • Brohoof 4

(edited)

I always thought that Equestria's moon was just like our own... Except that every once and a while somepony gets banished to (or in) it.

Oh and I doubt that there are others that were banished there, mainly because of how the moon physically changed in appearance when luna was banished there.... though that could have been because she was an alicorn... Hmm interesting idea ^-^

BANANAS!

Edited by Extraho Vinco
  • Brohoof 1

I think Luna was only banished there because she's the princess of the night.

I also hate it when people draw LUNA on the moon, when really it was Nightmare Moon.

It's an enormous rock whose gravity causes tides.

However the environment on its surface isn't like it is for us (oxygen and silicon-based asbestos essentially, with no atmosphere and virtually no geological activity).

It's more like it is in Paper Mario where it's made of rock-like cheese and you can breathe by wearing a fish-bowl on your head.

Posted Image

Hm...who knows, maybe Miss Trollestia sent the imprisoned Discord to the moon while nopony was looking? If he returns in S3 (which he should, duh, everypony knows that!), he might have a little surprise for our equine friends...

http://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/2011/12/27/09244216-9711-4a83-825f-eac9b629e94c.jpg

[sort-of-scary moon from a sort-of-scary video game, plus I can't use the Spoiler thingy on my iPad :/ ]

• Brohoof 2

All I can tell you guys is that moon rocks are pure poison.

You know this made me think of there being a ''Neil Hoofstrong'' and him saying ''That's one small step for a pony...ONE GIANT LEAP FOR PONYKIND!''.I think that Celestia has only ever banished NMM on the Moon and nothing else.

Guys, I mentioned this in the original Canterlot Wedding discussion thread, but it's pretty much canon that Luna lives on the moon. At least she sleeps there during the day, anyways. The following clip from the first part of the finale shows Luna descending from the moon's surface into Canterlot.

[media=]

[/media]

The moon isn't just the moon, it's Luna's home. And by golly it's the best residence in the entire series. Can't think of a better place to start a family, myself.

• Brohoof 1