Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Share your pet stories!

N.W.

As the title says, this is a thread for sharing just about any and all pet stories.  It can be dogs, cats, lizards, birds, even fish. In a similar manner, they can be happy, funny, or sad. I only ask that you keep the forum rules in mind.  :D

I have two very troublesome hounds right now, neither being particularly bright:

The smaller one who has earned the nickname "princess" (which is another story entirely) is very energetic and spastic. She enjoys running around the yard, barking at squirrels, birds... and what she thinks are birds and squirrels. On top of this she likes to pick up things knowing that you or somebody else will chase her. She once picked up an empty plastic flower pot and began running around outside of the house with it, except the way she was carrying it obscured her vision. She ran full speed into the side of the house with a smack, she ended up only dazing herself for a moment or two, and then she continued to run around the house with it still in her mouth. 

:P

• Brohoof 1

When I was growing up, the cat and the dog at my parents' place hated each other. Well, more like the cat hated the dog and the dog just thought the cat was the coolest toy ever, but I digress. So in order to keep them separated, we would keep a baby gate on the stairs, which would keep the cat upstairs and the dog downstairs. This plan worked pretty much flawlessly for the 10 years they shared the house, but there was one interesting moment involving it. The only thing that the cat hated more than the dog was the vacuum cleaner, and one day I was upstairs vacuuming. She looked up at the vacuum, down at the dog, back at the vacuum, and back at the dog, and decided to make a break for it, so she leapt over the baby gate--and the dog caught her like she was a frisbee. He didn't leave a mark on her (he was a hunting dog, so he had a soft mouth) but she understandably freaked out big time, popped him in the face and tore off across the house, precipitating a wild chase that only ended when someone was finally able to get between them.

• Brohoof 2

keep the forum rules in mind 0.o what do you think we will tell stories about being pets ourselves or something? hahahaha 

but no...

One time when I was growing up, we had a space heater and a dog that liked to lay in front of the spaceheater. One day, my mother was in the room with the dog, and she smelled singed fur... and looked over just in time to see that the dog was on fire! !!! But she put out the fire by beating him with a pillow. No lasting damage was done, as far as I can remember. 

And another time, I saw the dog run up a tree after a cat somehow. I still... can hardly believe it, but I saw it.

• Brohoof 1

Me and my family, we had a dog when I was small, he was all black, so we just named him "Black". And no, it wasn't the portuguese word for "Black", it was the actual english word. He was really nice, but unfortunately really stupid as well. But at least, he was a fine hunter. When we found it unable to properly take care of him anymore, we gave him away to the Portuguese Air Force.

He's been dead for a few years now, but bless his compassionate, brave, stupid soul.

• Brohoof 1