Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Anime Discussion Thread

Goodra

Tiger and Bunny is a very good anime.  It centers around super heroes that are constantly fallowed by show called "HeroTV".  (Yes it's a show about super heroes who are in a show.)  But it's more complex then that as the show their in is only a back drop.  There are some pretty cool villains and overall the show is funny and dramatic at the same time.  It's on Hulu if you want to see it.  It's only 26 episodes long. (The subbed version is better but the dub is not that bad.)

Also I don't know if it's up your ally but if you want drama Death Note and Naoki Urasawa's Monster are good.  They might be too dark for you however. IDK

• Brohoof 1

Tiger and Bunny is a very good anime.  It centers around super heroes that are constantly fallowed by show called "HeroTV".  (Yes it's a show about super heroes who are in a show.)  But it's more complex then that as the show their in is only a back drop.  There are some pretty cool villains and overall the show is funny and dramatic at the same time.  It's on Hulu if you want to see it.  It's only 26 episodes long. (The subbed version is better but the dub is not that bad.)

Also I don't know if it's up your ally but if you want drama Death Note and Naoki Urasawa's Monster are good.  They might be too dark for you however. IDK

Death Note is more to a mindf*** genre, isn't it?

It was recently(a few seasons back), outclassed by Kaiji.

Tiger and Bunny is a great series, but I wouldn't place a lot of emotional value in it.

I mean, aside from the memory-alteration arc, the whole series had little to no emotion other than a bit of girl-love and partner-issues.

Edited by Sunset Spark

Death Note is more to a mindf*** genre, isn't it?

It was recently(a few seasons back), outclassed by Kaiji.

Tiger and Bunny is a great series, but I wouldn't place a lot of emotional value in it.

I mean, aside from the memory-alteration arc, the whole series had little to no emotion other than a bit of girl-love and partner-issues.

If you want mind F*** then watch Ghost Hound.  That is some crazy crap, very freaky.  I had a hard time finishing it because the pace was a little slow but it's very scary overall.

Edited by Discount_Flunky

I've only seen my friends read death note but I haven't seen it. Trust me I've seen some pretty dark things. Watched the start of Elfen lied. That's pretty dark...

Death Note and Kaiji are on a whole different level.

Elfen Lied was a silly anime. (to me, no one I know really agrees with this)

I place it on the same category as Black Lagoon for being 'too considerate of plot to put detail into account'.

If you want mind F*** then watch Ghost Hound.  That is some crazy crap, very freaky.  I had a hard time finishing it because the pace was a little slow but it's very scary overall.

Mindf*** as in ingenuity, not horror/etc.

L, Yagami and the protagonist of Kaiji, Kaiji, are ingenius in their own rights.

However, I personally find Kaiji better than either of them. Also that he's a bit more realistic.

I've grown tired of horror anime. Frankly there's only so much they can do.

I watched Courage the Cowardly Dog as a kid. Ghost hound did little more to me as a teen.

On Topic : 

Which reminds me.

If you have to watch in order of EPICOSITY(a name for the feeling I think most people get after too much anime overload)

then do it like this.

1- Clannad/Occult Academy

2- Ano Hana

3- TTGL

Edited by Sunset Spark

All of my friends are taking to the more popular ones known more in America like naruto, bleach,etc. and I feel that those don't really have enough emotion cause things aren't really...normal...I feel they're a bit more action styled. What do you think is more heart breaking? Having your mother who you barely know die at childbirth and have your father ( I'm not sure if the 4th hokage is is father cause I've only read a few issues) sacrifice himself. Or when your parents are gone and burglars break into your house, make you find the most expensive stuff in the house (which you have no idea where to look) and if you don't they will kill your 2 sisters and brother one by one. That's why I like the more Japanese favourites then the American favourites...

• Brohoof 1

In real life, neither of those is relatively sad.

The truth is, you cannot feel sorrow for something you've never cherished in your life.

If you can, I must be pretty stupid and inexperienced.

OPNaruBleach are among the long-stretched anime that have lost the ideal plot line due to pointless extensions.

FairyTail goes in there, too. (They're throwing stereotype after stereotype into the plot and I find it dull)

Personally, I'm into story.

With several exceptions being slice-of-life/comedy. (note, not many Japanese comedy series are amusing to me at all)

the anime I like are  

• H20 footprint in the sand
  • Air
  • Vampire Princess Miyu
  • Uta No Prince-sama (1000 love)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura
  • Full Moon o Sagashite

:D

(This list is just some of the anime I like. I watch a lot of anime and if I continue, the list will never end) :ph34r: 

Edited by applebaby

Death Note and Kaiji are on a whole different level.

Elfen Lied was a silly anime. (to me, no one I know really agrees with this)

I place it on the same category as Black Lagoon for being 'too considerate of plot to put detail into account'.

Mindf*** as in ingenuity, not horror/etc.

L, Yagami and the protagonist of Kaiji, Kaiji, are ingenius in their own rights.

However, I personally find Kaiji better than either of them. Also that he's a bit more realistic.

I've grown tired of horror anime. Frankly there's only so much they can do.

I watched Courage the Cowardly Dog as a kid. Ghost hound did little more to me as a teen.

On Topic : 

Which reminds me.

If you have to watch in order of EPICOSITY(a name for the feeling I think most people get after too much anime overload)

then do it like this.

1- Clannad/Occult Academy

2- Ano Hana

3- TTGL

But there are still great horror anime out there. Higurashi is one bucked up anime and has a great story plot. It's not like a lot of te other horror anime. Another is amazing too. I would never be able to just ditch horror anime. I like the mystery of the good ones.

But there are still great horror anime out there. Higurashi is one bucked up anime and has a great story plot. It's not like a lot of te other horror anime. Another is amazing too. I would never be able to just ditch horror anime. I like the mystery of the good ones.

Another is a bit more modern, but still not enough to pull me back into the genre. :(

I didn't watch Higurashi for anything even related to horror. XD

I watched it for the fact that decent yandere characters are quite rare for me.

(Mirai Nikki was bad to me, don't ask why. very personal reasons for it being b* to me.)

I did enjoy some genres of horror(Jigoku Shoujo at the time was one of my favourites), but I guess it's that I already expect things to happen.

G**e and physical alterations don't scare me as much anymore.

I've also developed, as most would, some ability to guess how everything ends.

Enjoy your horror genre, though. Just because I can't enjoy it anymore doesn't mean I think it's bad.

Still, Courage the Cowardly Dog(not anime) terrified me more than any horror series of any category.

In relation to Naruto it does start to get sad later. Many of some pretty awesome characters die, people leave, and really, it can get pretty intense. That manga is my favorite because the storyline doesn't only consists of action but there has to be thought put into so many of the things going on because they're a big impact of other stuff that happens later. You can get emotionally attached to the characters easily and the manga is extremely amazing after the second Chunin exam. That's when things really start to get rolling and in my opinion, it leaves you wanting more.

Clannad was a great anime, don't let anyone fool you. I (almost) cried on Clannad Afterstory and I don't cry while from anime or any shows for that matter. Not even the sad Pokemon moments.

Elfen Lied isn't as bloody after the first episode (but will get a little bloodier later on) and I'll agree that it was silly (and Nyu kind of annoyed me) but all in all it was pretty good. Lucy's story was pretty sadening.

Another is a bit more modern, but still not enough to pull me back into the genre. :(

I didn't watch Higurashi for anything even related to horror. XD

I watched it for the fact that decent yandere characters are quite rare for me.

(Mirai Nikki was bad to me, don't ask why. very personal reasons for it being b* to me.)

I did enjoy some genres of horror(Jigoku Shoujo at the time was one of my favourites), but I guess it's that I already expect things to happen.

G**e and physical alterations don't scare me as much anymore.

I've also developed, as most would, some ability to guess how everything ends.

Enjoy your horror genre, though. Just because I can't enjoy it anymore doesn't mean I think it's bad.

Still, Courage the Cowardly Dog(not anime) terrified me more than any horror series of any category.

Oh, I don't get scared by it, but I like watching how it all unravels, being, like you, one who can guess the endings. Courage can be creepy can't it? xD

• Brohoof 1

In relation to Naruto it does start to get sad later. Many of some pretty awesome characters die, people leave, and really, it can get pretty intense. That manga is my favorite because the storyline doesn't only consists of action but there has to be thought put into so many of the things going on because they're a big impact of other stuff that happens later. You can get emotionally attached to the characters easily and the manga is extremely amazing after the second Chunin exam. That's when things really start to get rolling and in my opinion, it leaves you wanting more.

Clannad was a great anime, don't let anyone fool you. I (almost) cried on Clannad Afterstory and I don't cry while from anime or any shows for that matter. Not even the sad Pokemon moments.

Elfen Lied isn't as bloody after the first episode (but will get a little bloodier later on) and I'll agree that it was silly (and Nyu kind of annoyed me) but all in all it was pretty good. Lucy's story was pretty sadening.

Oh, I don't get scared by it, but I like watching how it all unravels, being, like you, one who can guess the endings. Courage can be creepy can't it? xD

The windmill episode had me panicking everytime the windmill stopped.

Though, I actually only watched that one a year or two ago.

Courage still terrifies me. What an oddly ironic yet fitting name to give him.

Try watching Ano Hana. I admire Clannad as a classic and a legend, but Ano Hana took the top spot from the first episode.

Hardly any build-up and it made me tear up. No anime has ever accomplished this in the first episode for me.

It does take a bit of logic to make sense of it, though. Some of my friends actually found it hard to understand.

p.s. on topic

If you're still looking for more anime with good emotional value...

try anything from Azuma Kiyohiko's mangas.

(I only know of Azumanga Daioh being the only one of his mangas to be made into an anime, but his works are nice and delicate, even though it's a comedy genre)

I admire Kiyohiko for Azumanga Daioh and Yotsubato.

Comedy, but there are delicate feelings in them.

Quite beautiful.

Edited by Sunset Spark

Now if you want some comedy I recomend

Ouran High School Host Club

Baka and Test

Chibi Vampire (Manga more, the anime isn't as good)

and Alice Acadamy (Gakuen Alice) are all pretty funny

if you like darker anime (some do, some don't)

go for Another, Higurashi (When they Cry ((Not the OMAKES!)) and Hellsing

That's all I can thing of for now heh heh

The windmill episode had me panicking everytime the windmill stopped.

Though, I actually only watched that one a year or two ago.

Courage still terrifies me. What an oddly ironic yet fitting name to give him.

Try watching Ano Hana. I admire Clannad as a classic and a legend, but Ano Hana took the top spot from the first episode.

Hardly any build-up and it made me tear up. No anime has ever accomplished this in the first episode for me.

It does take a bit of logic to make sense of it, though. Some of my friends actually found it hard to understand.

p.s. on topic

If you're still looking for more anime with good emotional value...

try anything from Azuma Kiyohiko's mangas.

(I only know of Azumanga Daioh being the only one of his mangas to be made into an anime, but his works are nice and delicate, even though it's a comedy genre)

I admire Kiyohiko for Azumanga Daioh and Yotsubato.

Comedy, but there are delicate feelings in them.

Quite beautiful.

I love Azu Manga Daioh. But when I read the manga I pictured Osaka's voice differently then how it sounded in the anime xD And thanks, I'll give that a try!

• Brohoof 2

Now if you want some comedy I recomend

Ouran High School Host Club

Baka and Test

Chibi Vampire (Manga more, the anime isn't as good)

and Alice Acadamy (Gakuen Alice) are all pretty funny

if you like darker anime (some do, some don't)

go for Another, Higurashi (When they Cry ((Not the OMAKES!)) and Hellsing

That's all I can thing of for now heh heh

I love Azu Manga Daioh. But when I read the manga I pictured Osaka's voice differently then how it sounded in the anime xD And thanks, I'll give that a try!

I can't watch certain shows in the shoujo series.

Kaichou-maid, AA(oh dear Lord), and a few more.

Yeah, I pictured Osaka to be a bit more 'lively', but I kinda liked her anime version more.

Ayumu still my favourite Azumanga character for being what she is.

• Brohoof 1

I can't watch certain shows in the shoujo series.

Kaichou-maid, AA(oh dear Lord), and a few more.

Yeah, I pictured Osaka to be a bit more 'lively', but I kinda liked her anime version more.

Ayumu still my favourite Azumanga character for being what she is.

Yeah, I'm like that too. Well, kind of. I can't watch Naruto because of too many fillers and they keep getting the non-filler stuff wrong. I can't watch Chibi Vampire (Karin the Vampire I think is the anime...I don't know) It's more of a concept of how the manga was so great, why did you screw it up so much? I understand adding or removing, or even moving around some things because there was too much to fit into the anime or not enough but hey just went overboard and it killed me inside.

Well while you guys endlessly talk about 100 animus I don't know of I'm gonna watch some of this stuff on YouTube then maybe come bac after a few and talk about it. You guys have fun he

Looks like your in luck, I love heartwarming stories. I would say without a doubt, if you haven't watched Mahoraba~ Heartful Days ~ you are missing out on a gem of story.

It used to be my all time favorite, until MLP:FIM came along. I have other anime too that I know of, but Mahoraba is the best. I have yet to find an anime that can top this slice of life. The cast is well developed, and astonishingly many of the background characters are also something I find lacking in most anime I watch today. The art is also super cute and like MLP:FIM should come with a Surgeon General's warning, lol. XD This series still whoops major ass. 

Here is some awesome official art:

post-13165-0-08870600-1361868272.jpg

post-13165-0-45167700-1361868302_thumb.jpg

post-13165-0-37061800-1361868331.jpg

Akira Koijima, the Mangaka of Mahoraba is already working on two new manga called Wa! and Manabiya. What's unique though about his new project is that the characters from both interact with each other. Often you will see many characters from Wa! talk to characters from Manabiya and vice versa. This guy is one badass talented individual since his characters are oh so enjoyable like MLP:FIM's mane 6. So for the love of Celestia check it out, you won't be sorry. 

Manabiya 

post-13165-0-96995100-1361868505_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pinkie Pie 3 U

i like death note azamanga dia oh its brill also i like o watch others but pokemon its still anime i like some films iswell arietty is a good one what that i like to mo i am like osaca and tomo and cheo chan put together

• 1 month later...

Hmmm...I'm really into Sonic X right now. (The original Japanese version, not that terrible dub by 4Kids...)

I also enjoy a few others, but I don't watch them as much...(there's also one that I just don't want to talk about here because it's too violent :P)

Just the Dragon Ball series.

Yeah, I know. I'm such a horrible human being for liking a popular, mainstream anime and no other anime shows.

Have you ever checked out Yu Yu Hakusho? I too like Dragonball Z, but Yu Yu Hakusho has many of thesame voice actors. Ot's really well done. Basically, it's about this boy, Yusake Yueremeshi, (probably spelled wrong) who fights on the streets. His mom is a druggie, so his childhoodfriend, Keiko, basically takes care of him. Well,one day, he plays with a little kid, and then jumps in front of a car dies saving him. There is no spot set off for Yusake to go, since after running all possible scenarios, it was highly unlikely for Yusake to do something selfless. He is brought back to life, but now sees spirits, and becomes a "spirit detective." He goeson missions with his frie d/roval Kuwabara (Christopher Sabat FTW!) and two boys named Kurama and Hiei to stop demons and save the universe.

It's a cool show, you should look it up. And Lanipator (from Team Four Star) did an abridged version of it.

I never really liked anime, though I don't hate it either, I can see why other people like it.

However, there is one annoying thing that I constantly see in anime, there always seems to be a couple of characters who are just not entertaining, by that I mean the characters who are the "cool guy" of the show, take Naruto's characters for example, Sasuke, Gaara, Itachi, Shino, Shikamaru, and Neji, their personalities are boring.

I've never really watched anime, but due to a friends suggestions I've started downloading the first seasons of Soul Eater and Black Butler. I'm rather excited to watch them. Once they finally finish downloading :P

(edited)

My favorite animes right now are Sonic XHigurashi When They Cry, and possibly Tetsunoshin (too soon to really tell).

I watch them all in their original Japanese (either cuz there's no English dub or simply cuz the English version stinks tongue.png)

I need to warn you, though...if try to look these up, there will be some foul language (and in the case of the second one I mentioned, lots of very disturbing scenes...)

EDIT: Awww man, how did I forget this one? D: Jungle Emperor Leo (1989)

Edited by Midnight Dragon