Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Anime Discussion Thread

Goodra

All animes have animation I don't like. Name any one you want and I probably won't enjoy it.

I'm just not really a fan of the genre :P

You won't enjoy something because of how it looks?

...Sounds pretty shallow to me. :P

You won't enjoy something because of how it looks?

...Sounds pretty shallow to me. :P

Well it's kinda something you watch.

It's not shallow, it makes perfect sense not to like something you watch because it looks weird the same way you might not like music because it sounds weird :P.

Well it's kinda something you watch.

It's not shallow, it makes perfect sense not to like something you watch because it looks weird the same way you might not like music because it sounds weird :P.

It could have the best animation ever, and still be bad because of poor writing, plot, characters, etc.

Well it's kinda something you watch. It's not shallow, it makes perfect sense not to like something you watch because it looks weird the same way you might not like music because it sounds weird :P.

So you are saying a flash cartoon can't be watched because It does not look good?

It is like saying games are only good if it has good graphics.

Cardcaptor Sakura, greatest anime of all time.

I don't know how you'll find it though since it's a collectible item now-a-days.

Actually, I bought the blu-ray set that was only offered for about a year by the manufacturer for 1400$, lol.

Cardcaptor Sakura, greatest anime of all time. I don't know how you'll find it though since it's a collectible item now-a-days. Actually, I bought the blu-ray set that was only offered for about a year by the manufacturer for 1400$, lol.

Watch it online?

So you are saying a flash cartoon can't be watched because It does not look good?

It is like saying games are only good if it has good graphics.

I'm just saying I find the animation very boring to look at, that along with me not enjoying the plot makes watching anime more of a chore :I

I'm just saying I find the animation very boring to look at, that along with me not enjoying the plot makes watching anime more of a chore :I

Since you said earlier that you posted here to possibly get some recommendations, it'd really be easier if you could name some animes you've seen.

Edited by Pinkamena Diane Pie

Since you said earlier that you posted here to possibly get some recommendations, it'd really be easier if you could name some animes you've seen.

I don't know the names, I only watch them because my sister is a big fan of anime :P

Lady Rarity, may I suggest watching 'Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt'?

It's a wonderful anime that is often compared side-to-side with FiM on japanese boards. The story is funny and not drawn out, so you'll be in the action from the start. It's not story heavy but more like american cartoons where every new episode is kinda fresh and different.

If I remember right, the first episode was kinda boring but if you stick with it until the 2nd or 3rd you'll have a better opinion of the anime.

It's a wonderful anime that is often compared side-to-side with FiM on japanese boards. The story is funny and not drawn out, so you'll be in the action from the start. It's not story heavy but more like american cartoons where every new episode is kinda fresh and different.

If I remember right, the first episode was kinda boring but if you stick with it until the 2nd or 3rd you'll have a better opinion of the anime.

I'll check it out, thank you for the recommendation :)

but nothing compares to FIM...nothing!

Wait....WHAT?!?!

From the 5 episodes i've seen, that show appeared to be almost completely filled with crude humor. How is it anything like FiM?

Personally, i've never really seen the appeal of PSG, but I guess i'd also recommend it since other people seem to enjoy it.

I like Ghibli movies, but that's about as far as I go.

Oh, Ponyo on Blu-ray is an instant classic. I love his work.

From the 5 episodes i've seen, that show appeared to be almost completely filled with crude humor. How is it anything like FiM?

I think it was the art direction, it's not flash, but it looks kind of similar. Edited by MyKotoShi

I was hoping to get some suggestions of good animes :P

The Studio Ghibli movies are really good. I think of them as the Disney or Pixar of anime. Some of my favorites are Princess Mononoke, Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, and Castle in the Sky. Those are more fantasy. There are other genres as well. Grave of the Fireflies is one of the saddest movies I have ever seen (it is a tragedy about war orphans). Whisper of the Heart is a pretty good romance (even though I don't like many romances.)

Besides Ghilbi, some other good movies are The Girl who Leapt through Time and Origins: Spirits of the Past.

I always found it to look silly and primitive compared to some of the newer animation techniques. And CGI anime is just a joke ;)

Eh. I'll admit that some anime are pretty weak in terms of animation, but there are a number that are pretty bloody amazing in motion, I'd say. As an example, I'd have to say that this video is animated extremely well, even though the anime itself in question is definitely not for everyone.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=224WJCAh-pM

Eh. I'll admit that some anime are pretty weak in terms of animation, but there are a number that are pretty bloody amazing in motion, I'd say. As an example, I'd have to say that this video is animated extremely well, even though the anime itself in question is definitely not for everyone.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=224WJCAh-pM

I'll admit that's pretty good looking