Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Anime Discussion Thread

Goodra

Currently watching 輪るピングドラム (Mawaru Penguindrum).

You can get a quick idea of what it's about over here, but there's a bit more to it - Especially after a few episodes things become odd. Anyone familiar with who I am might already know that I've ventured through a lot of anime and manga. I like the distinct style of animation, and enjoy its versatility (though lately there has been a lot of moe trash).

Nowadays I don't actively watch anime. On some Saturday nights, I watch Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Durarara!!, FLCL, Cowboy Bebop, and Ghost in the Shell on Adult Swim. And every Friday, during school, I look up new episodes for Mawaru Penguindrum since it is a current series.

That'll be all I post unless someone feels like taking this thread some place interesting.

If so what do you like? Ive seen and liked Soul Eater, pokemon, Solty Rei, XXX Holic,Count of Monte Cristo:Gankutsuou, Baka and Test, Death Note,DBZ, and Naruto.

Soul Eater? You are now my new bestfriend.

Currently watching 輪るピングドラム (Mawaru Penguindrum).

I saw that with my friends one time at, like, 2 in the morning. Coincidentally, this is also the time we watch episodes of MLP and listen to Pandora while playing Internet YuGiOh. It's a fantastic use of school resources. It's not like anybody else is in the Graphic Design lab at that time. :3

I've been watching anime since Space Battleship Yamato, in the early eighties. I enjoy quite a wide range of it, especially Studio Ghibli works of course, and just about anything by Rumiko Takahashi. I'm currently rewatching a series called Planetes, which has a near-future setting and is about a team of orbital debris collectors. I highly recommend it.

I already posted my favorites, but there are a lot more that I like.

One that I am in the middle of right now is Wolf's Rain. It is about a post apocaliptic future that all revolves around a prophecy of wolf looking for a lunar flower to find paradise. The main characters are the last surviving wolves that have learned to shapeshift, looking for a girl who was genetically engeneered from flowers, and a madman trying to wake his love from a coma.

One I finished recently that was pretty good was Infinite Ryvius. It is pretty much Lord of the Flies on space. A school in a space station is attacked, and they flee on an experimental prototype spaceship. They are being hunted by an organization and are accused of being the terrorists that attacked their own school. The real story is the students trying to survive and form their own government.

I like the Evangelion series, but I like the remake better. And Grave of the Fireflies is one of the saddest stories I have ever heard.

Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, FMA and FMA:Brotherhood, Yu Yu Hakusho, Dragon Ball...

Yeah, I'd say I am. XD

FMA: Brotherhood is one of my favorite all time animes! I ran through the entire series in about 3 days and I personally love it a lot more than the original.

FMA: Brotherhood is one of my favorite all time animes! I ran through the entire series in about 3 days and I personally love it a lot more than the original.

The animation is better, and the story is darker, but I liked how the original handled the homunculi more. Also, how it tied in to the movie Conqueror of Shamballa, which is one of my all time favorite stand alone movies.

The animation is better, and the story is darker, but I liked how the original handled the homunculi more. Also, how it tied in to the movie Conqueror of Shamballa, which is one of my all time favorite stand alone movies.

I can agree with that, and the Conqueror of Shamballa was pretty good. But, as far as anime movies go, nothing beats Spirited Away for me.

I am most certainly an anime fan. Some of my faves include Neon Genesis Evangelion, Serial Experiments Lain, Haibane Renmei, Kanon, Clannad & Clannad: After Story, Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Bubblegum Crisis(and Bubblegum Crisis 2040 to an extent), and more recently I came to love Mushi-shi and Xam'd. Likewise I like all of the works out of Studio Ghibli and Makoto Shinkai.

Currently watching?

Eh, DBZ Kai, Naruto, Panty and Stocking, and... that's it. I've fallen out of anime, but then again I wasn't into it all too much. The anime fandom in general is too akin to dog feces for me to want to get too involved with it.

Though I will say some things have me really curious on the anime/manga side, like Fist of the North Star and TTGL.

I've got to say, despite the fact that I have absolutely no love for the old Evangelion TV series, I've somehow managed to enjoy the hell out of the new movies - a local theater was showing 2.0 when it first came out stateside, so I figured I'd give it a shot, fully expecting to hate it. I'll be making a return trip for 3.0.

I'm on a similar boat.

I liked the original series, but mostly because it was a trainwreck and watching it unfold was hilarious.

The Rebuild movies, 2.0 specifically, have completely changed my mind on the franchise. All the problems I had with the original aren't present and I love the new direction of the story.

Edited by Bonzy

My current favorite anime is One Piece. No, I will not read the manga before anypony asks. I like to watch the show.

I totally understand where you're coming from. I was once in that position. However, then I got spoiled of a very major unexpected event (if you've watched the Marineford arc, you probably know what I'm talking about) and I just had enough of not being able to enjoy seeing things for myself.

Sometimes I wish I could turn back, because I love the One Piece anime. The music is amazing and totally sets a mood for scenes that you just can't get in the manga.

I totally understand where you're coming from. I was once in that position. However, then I got spoiled of a very major unexpected event (if you've watched the Marineford arc, you probably know what I'm talking about) and I just had enough of not being able to enjoy seeing things for myself.

Sometimes I wish I could turn back, because I love the One Piece anime. The music is amazing and totally sets a mood for scenes that you just can't get in the manga.

I've watched every episode to date. The latest one is one that I've been waiting for for a long time. Time skip! Can't wait to see how they have changed further. And even if I see the latest one piece manga, I'll forget about it long before it turns anime.

I just finished watching Gungrave. It is a bit overly dramatic at times, but it is still pretty good. It is like The Count of Monte Cristo meets Frankenstein meets The Godfather.

I just finished watching Gungrave. It is a bit overly dramatic at times, but it is still pretty good. It is like The Count of Monte Cristo meets Frankenstein meets The Godfather.

Hmmm, I might have to check that out.

I am a BIG anime fan. Yes, Chaos God loves anime. Especially Soul Eater.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5KAe10j-x8

I wish Excalibur chopped someone with that cane of his, I wonder what Excalibur is anyways. He's apparently holy so maybe he was an angel but was cast out of heaven for being so annoying. Or maybe he's an alien like Patty keeps calling her.

Hmmm, I might have to check that out.

I think it is based on a video game, but I'm not sure. It is about a mafia hitman that was betrayed by his best friend, then brought back from the dead. At first, you think he is just out for revenge. Then you learn about their backstories, and learn about their motives. Twists, turns, plots, betrayals, undead mafia. What's not to like?

• Last Exile (the most epic steampunk ever!)
  • Shuffle! (a very cute romance)
  • Gosick (a must see for anyone interested in mystery)
  • .Hack//Sign (I'm a gamer, so this is automatically awesome)
  • Sailor Moon (what can I say? It's a classic)
  • Death Note (the question of what happens to a person given the power to kill. very deep stuff)
  • Claymore (kinda gory, but a cool adventure anyway. Good for hack and slash)