Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Anime Discussion Thread

Goodra

You know, I follow anime seasons religiously, but after FiM, I've been too absorbed into the culture that I haven't been watching this seasons anime at all, save for a few.

Ponies > Anime

I need to get catching up.

You know, I follow anime seasons religiously, but after FiM, I've been too absorbed into the culture that I haven't been watching this seasons anime at all, save for a few.

Ponies > Anime

I need to get catching up.

Definitely.

After a few recommendations from a friend, I had really been starting to get into anime a lot, but then I saw FiM... and I pretty much haven't felt like watching anything else ever since. :P

I didn't think Elfen Lied was all that bad. It was a little gory but it still held nothing compared to the psychological crap When They Cry does to you while you watch. =P

You want stuff with good animations you should try stuff like Ah My Goddess, Darker Than Black and (if I recall correctly) Black Lagoon.

With that last one, it's been a while since I've seen it so I don't remember if it had great animation or not but I at least remember it was fun to watch. :P

Oi, what was I thinking? Samurai Champloo is another fantastically animated one. Nice and fluid.

Is MLP a anime?... probably is because its epik enough to be sci fi, fantasy, cop show, a new version of doctor who, and of course an scientific video of how little ponys get their cutie mark.

Well then if thats a yes (^) then yes, i like animes!

Edited by Darkshine

MLP isn't what's considered an anime. Look at how the artstyles of the two of them, see how much they differ.

As for anime, I'm sorry to say this, but no, I do not like anime. For whatever reason, the artstyle weirds me out. Completely. I can't look at it with a straight face, I have to look away. And it irks me somewhat that, the animes I've seen, seem to drag on forever, never ending. When I was young, I watched what must've been over 300-400 episodes of Naruto. And it never seemed to end, ever. At one point, when I saw enough of it, I just said fuck it, and stopped watching it. And I've been on bad egg with animes ever since.

Tbh, though, I enjoyed watching the first season of Pokemon, and that feature-length anime film. But regular shows, I don't think I'll ever get into. Anime is pretty much dead to me.

I used to be really into anime, not as much anymore. But every now and then I will re-watch a season or 2 of a childhood anime for Nostalgia. Pokemon, Gundam Wing and DBZ are definitely my first ever anime. And some newer ones were good. Such as Elfen Lied, or Hetalia. I remember watching Inuyasha as a filly too.

I like, Dragon ball/Z/GT/Kai, Keroro Gunso (sgt. frog), Hunter x Hunter, Lucky star, .hack// legend of the twilight, MM!, fullmetal Alchemist, and hunter x hunter (2011 reboot) Also I wanna see a Japanese dubbed FiM with english subtitles :D

Edited by Rainkyou

I like, Dragon ball/Z/GT/Kai, Keroro Gunso (sgt. frog), Hunter x Hunter, Lucky star, .hack// legend of the twilight, MM!, fullmetal Alchemist, and hunter x hunter (2011 reboot) Also I wanna see a Japanese dubbed FiM with english subtitles :D

I completely forgot about Fullmetal Alchemist. That was a good one.

FMA: Brotherhood isn't an OVA. It's a totally new series in itself just like the original FMA anime but as Slendermane said it follows the manga far more closely.

I haven't watched any of Brotherhood though. And I don't care how many people say it I will never believe Brotherhood is automatically better because it's canon to the original work until I've seen it and judged it so myself. I have never believed because an anime followed the original work closer it was better than one that did it's own thing.

Hellsing, for example, the manga is okay and all but it just didn't have the flare that the anime had. Then they came out with Hellsing Ultimate OVA's that followed the manga. I haven't seen those yet but quite honestly I don't particularly need to since I will always like the anime better than the manga. (Though I still need to finish the manga)

Ah. I honestly preferred the Hellsing Ultimate OVA over the Anime mostly because of the vast detail it uses. And I also preferred the story from the manga more than the anime personally.

*SPOILERS IN WHITE*

[I also loved the part of the Ova when Seras Victoria killed Zorin.]

I'll have to watch the OVA. Maybe I'll like it better when I'm not watching pages that are constantly covered in blood and gore where there seems to be little story. I will admit I love the artstyle they used in the OVA and it's far better than the original anime and manga.

Perhaps I can finish it there rather than having to drag myself through 11 volumes of a manga I honestly can't bring myself to restart.

Btw, just put [ s p o i l e r ] and [ / s p o i l e r ] without spaces to make a spoiler tag. :P

Being bloody doesn't particularly bother me, it's when I don't see anything BUT blood for like ten pages.

I loved Bleach but it had so many power blasts or something that half the pages were taken up by that and dramatic camera angles so there wasn't much in the way of story.