gaming Super Smash Bros. Thread

Fear Moonscar

I played for the first time last night with my boyfriend and friend and so far I'm great with Pikachu, Charizard, and Toon Link, although I still have to unlock characters and stages, I'm getting the hang of the game and how it works.

Been playing Smash 4 since the day it came out. It's great! My main is Zero Suit Samus. She's swaggy.

Yeah I've been trying her out lately as well. She's really good, another highly improved veteran, definitely gonna be in my regular rotation now. Finally, a version of Samus in Smash that plays amazingly to me... vey happy about that. :yay:
  • Brohoof 1

I just got this game a week ago, and it's pretty much the best 3DS game I've played. I was expecting something lacking, but nope! I spent hours playing this game because of its amazing character roster and things to do. :D

King Dedede is my main since he is also my main in Brawl. Unfortunately I realised that this guy got nerfed rather badly. His special B allows him to throw Gordos only, and what makes it worse is anyone can knock them back at you. Plus, I'm unhappy with his new Final Smash. It's pretty much a 50/50 chance if it hits, but most of the time, it doesn't work. Even so, I'm pretty good at him as I was in Brawl.

I'm also really good with Greninja. He's quick and he can do a lot of damage when handled right. I tend to use him for unlocking Challenges, however.

Edited by Mienshao

I've been feeling Robin much less lately... I still like the character, but the whole limited recharging attacks thing can be really dragging at times when playing him/her, especially since I like to spam things sometimes lol. :unsure:

Been really enjoying Sheik lately though. Love her new specials and the gold costume! :D

Man, there are so many characters though... sometimes I just don't know who I wanna play as! The roster still blows me away everytime I see it, it's cray-cray imo. :o

I have been playing SSB for a few days now and I having tons of fun with it.  I have been playing with Robin for the most part.

Only problem is I have almost broken the joystick thing off of my 3DS, and from what I have been reading Im not the only one. Apparently it wasnt designed with Smash Bros. in mind.

• Brohoof 1

So, my top 5 fave fighters are...

1. Zero Suit Samus
2. Toon Link
3. Lucina
4. Link
5. Bowser Jr./Koopa Kids (I use Wendy)

Anyone who wants to fight me should add me on Skype at soul_of_latte so we can talk while we fight it out!~

I just got this game a week ago, and it's pretty much the best 3DS game I've played. I was expecting something lacking, but nope! I spent hours playing this game because of its amazing character roster and things to do. :D

King Dedede is my main since he is also my main in Brawl. Unfortunately I realised that this guy got nerfed rather badly. His special B allows him to throw Gordos only, and what makes it worse is anyone can knock them back at you. Plus, I'm unhappy with his new Final Smash. It's pretty much a 50/50 chance if it hits, but most of the time, it doesn't work. Even so, I'm pretty good at him as I was in Brawl.

I'm also really good with Greninja. He's quick and he can do a lot of damage when handled right. I tend to use him for unlocking Challenges, however.

Dedede is not nerfed, he's gotten buffed. He was essentially all chaingrab and Bair kill in Brawl, but he's gotten a ton of buffs pretty much everywhere.

Also, if you are smart with your Gordos, they are actually really good for pressure- they can be controlled to move slow or fast, and the slow one is very useful while at mid range(you can approach and be somewhat safe with it), while the fast one is an excellent attack to hit recovering enemies. They also do like 20% damage...

• Brohoof 1

Anyone who has Smash for 3DS knows that the game takes about 20 seconds to load from the Home Screen since starting the game reboots the 3DS to tap into more power...

But witness and have your mind blown to the revelation that is Smash 3DS loading on the New 3DS out in Japan now:

https://youtu.be/Rm1e9vmtryo

I said wow lol, the RAM is real with this one :o

• Brohoof 1

Huh... never knew we had a Smash Bros. thread. I really need to get out of the MLP:FiM sections some more... :please:

Anyways... I love Smash Bros. Favorite fighting game by far. I do have a 3DS, but I decided to skip out on the 3DS one and just wait for it to come to Wii U. ( I don't really want to spend $40 on a game when I can wait a month to get the better version. )

Once the Wii U version comes out, I'll be glad to play some of y'all here. ( Only competitive rules though.  :smug:  )

I have unlocked every character on Smash except Duck Hunt and Jigglypuff. Once I unlock everyone I'm gonna try and unlock the challenges because some of them give you stages that are locked. As far as the game goes, OMG I love it, love the characters and the Smash series.

having fun with the game but I'm tired of playing smash with random people

I need people from the forums to play with so I am posting my friend code 1418-6725-8928

Yeah, I need some fresh meat for my Miis. My code is 0860 - 3399 - 8294.

However, keep in mind that I don't use stat bonuses.

Edited by Mars Caramel

I unlocked every character!!! So happy!!!  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  Now I can unlock the stages and complete the other stuff needed, also was playing as Duck Hunt dog against the CPU and OMG his final smash is amazing!!!

Finished winning Smash Run with everyone today... not too hard, just long and arduous. Dunno what else to do with the mode though, think I've seen all there is to see with it really. :wacko:

Also cleared All-Star on Hard. Who else could do it but Bowser? :please:

Anyway, my top 10 favorite characters atm:

1. Zero Suit Samus

2. Bowser

3. Shulk I'm really feeling it

4. Rosalina & Luma

5. Greninja

6. Sheik

7. Villager

8. Robin

9. Captain Falcon

10. Duck Hunt(need to play with him more)

• Brohoof 1

My main fighters are Pikachu and Captain Falcon. I am starting to like Pac Man a bit more since he's got a pretty nice move set after testing it with level 1 computers. Oh, and I have all the fighters and stages unlocked. Smash Run is actually pretty hard.

Finished winning Smash Run with everyone today... not too hard, just long and arduous. Dunno what else to do with the mode though, think I've seen all there is to see with it really. :wacko:

Also cleared All-Star on Hard. Who else could do it but Bowser? :please:

Anyway, my top 10 favorite characters atm:

1. Zero Suit Samus

2. Bowser

3. Shulk I'm really feeling it

4. Rosalina & Luma

5. Greninja

6. Sheik

7. Villager

8. Robin

9. Captain Falcon

10. Duck Hunt(need to play with him more)

I found All-Star mode quite easy even on hard. Especially since that's the difficulty I started it with. But that was before I got every character, so it might be more difficult this time.

My top 10 favourite characters, excluding Miis:

1. Yoshi

2. Shulk

3. Sonic

4. Fox

5. Mega Man

6. Pac-Man

7. Ness

8. Ike

9. Duck Hunt Duo

10. Luigi

So, am I really the only one who doesn't use the swordsmen nearly as often?

Edited by Mars Caramel

here are my favorites .... or who I just happen to use the most

1.Pac-Man (I suck at using his b down however  :( )

2.Ganondorf  

3.Little Mac

4.Wario (mostly in his classic outfit)

5.Zero Suit Samus

6.Peach (with the Daisy skin)

7.Pit/Dark Pit (mostly Dark Pit)

8.Lucina 

9.Rosalina 

10.Dr.Mario (he was one of my mains in melee)

11.Sonic (gotta go fast :derp:

Man, Duck Hunt is a pretty fun character- 3 projectiles that can last and pressure your opponents, decent recovery... he lacks KO power though, his smashes seem kinda hard to aim for me anyway. Dat beagle alt tho, I could die it's the cutest. :huh::wub:

I'm also finding Sonic to be pretty good. He's not much different from Brawl, but has been very much improved upon, certainly doesn't have the rushed feeling he used to have before. And then there's Little Mac... I know he's overused, but what an utter glass canon. He's probably the best character in the game on the ground, but he is not well-rounded in any sense of the word, his air game is literally the most pathetic imaginable lol... I've always liked the character though, especially in Punch-Out!! Wii, so I'm glad he's finally in Smash. :wacko: