Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Reaper Corps (Private with Digital Blitz)

Twofer

15 hours ago, Twofer said:

@Digital Blitz

At the mention of this, Crimson turned her head away. It suddenly felt like she couldn't face the poor girl, since she was afraid what she was going to say would be letting her down."That's... Tricky, to say the least. Souls that have been taken by the Reaper to work in the Corps exist in a separate plane from souls that have passed to the afterlife. We're kind of in limbo, which makes it hard to contact souls that have passed on until we're put to rest ourselves."

Digital gets up and places a hand on the mare's shoulder "I'm sorry, but it's okay, I never got to see her and just wanted to see if I could meet her, but it can wait" she says reassuringly, surely waiting longer won't be too hard for her, as she never knew her mother apart from the stories her father would tell her. "So, is it all work and no play here, or are there things to do outside of work? Like bars or anything?"

@Digital Blitz

Crimson couldn't help but pity the girl a bit. Passing on to the afterlife was true peace, and many were reunited with those they had lost. Being a part of the Corps denied that peace. "There's the canteen, but other than that, you gotta find your own entertainment." Before Crimson could say anything, her badge buzzed and glowed red. "Looks like we got our first job, kid."

3 minutes ago, Twofer said:

@Digital Blitz

Crimson couldn't help but pity the girl a bit. Passing on to the afterlife was true peace, and many were reunited with those they had lost. Being a part of the Corps denied that peace. "There's the canteen, but other than that, you gotta find your own entertainment." Before Crimson could say anything, her badge buzzed and glowed red. "Looks like we got our first job, kid."

Digital nods as she picks up her things "Where too Crimson?" she asks as she looks around her room, and smiles, glad to have something to do, though she wasn't too eager about it. "The world's gone to Tartarus in a handbasket" she mutters to herself, then follows Crimson to wherever she was going.

@Digital Blitz

Crimson pressed a button on her badge, then spoke into it. "Headquarters, what's the situation?"

The badge replied in a raspy voice not dissimilar to the Reaper's, however, it was female. "We have a loose soul in need of containment and retrieval. A serial killer died in an altercation with the Guard, and his soul refuses to leave the earth."

"Understood, Headquarters. Get me an immediate portal to the location." Upon Crimson's request, a swirling black portal appeared before them.

2 minutes ago, Twofer said:

@Digital Blitz

Crimson pressed a button on her badge, then spoke into it. "Headquarters, what's the situation?"

The badge replied in a raspy voice not dissimilar to the Reaper's, however, it was female. "We have a loose soul in need of containment and retrieval. A serial killer died in an altercation with the Guard, and his soul refuses to leave the earth."

"Understood, Headquarters. Get me an immediate portal to the location." Upon Crimson's request, a swirling black portal appeared before them.

Digital gulps "S-Serial Killer? Like a mass murderer?" she asks as she grips tightly onto her talisman, sticking close to Crimson "this is bad, is it possible for the spirit of a serial killer to kill any other lingering souls?" she asks curiously, still holding onto her talisman tightly "what's the plan Crimson? If anything I've read or seen about serial killers, is that they are notoriously stubborn, even when dead."

@Digital Blitz

"This is your first mission, so you're gonna hang back and watch, understand? I don't want you getting killed again this quick." Crimson headed through the portal, and came out in an alley somewhere in Equestria. She looked up at the skyline, and judging from the buildings, they were in Manehattan.

@Twofer

Digital nods in understanding and hung back a little to give Crimson her space, but close enough to observe. "What kind of intel do we have on this soul? Any weaknesses?" she asks then quietens "S-sorry, i'm just..trying to help" she says as she looks around her home town of Manehatten "Home.. I wonder if daddy is alright"

@Digital Blitz

"The guy's name is, or was, Sharpened Edge. Killed a lot of ponies. And keep your eyes on the prize, kiddo; you need your head on straight. Just follow my lead and stay out of the way so you don't get hurt." Manehattan was Crimson's hometown as well, but the city she had grown up with looked much different than the one Digi had. 

Crimson headed down the alley, and a faint glow could be seen near the end. As the two approached, the glow revealed itself. It looked as though it was a pony, but the figure was wrapped in a blue, ethereal glow, giving it a ghostly appearance. The ghost turned to Crimson, looking at her like a curious animal.

Crimson's weapon was already drawn and she was aiming at him. "Sharpened Edge, you're in direct violation of the Grim Reaper. Surrender and you'll be taken peacefully. You have ten seconds to comply."

3 minutes ago, Twofer said:

@Digital Blitz

"The guy's name is, or was, Sharpened Edge. Killed a lot of ponies. And keep your eyes on the prize, kiddo; you need your head on straight. Just follow my lead and stay out of the way so you don't get hurt." Manehattan was Crimson's hometown as well, but the city she had grown up with looked much different than the one Digi had. 

Crimson headed down the alley, and a faint glow could be seen near the end. As the two approached, the glow revealed itself. It looked as though it was a pony, but the figure was wrapped in a blue, ethereal glow, giving it a ghostly appearance. The ghost turned to Crimson, looking at her like a curious animal.

Crimson's weapon was already drawn and she was aiming at him. "Sharpened Edge, you're in direct violation of the Grim Reaper. Surrender and you'll be taken peacefully. You have ten seconds to comply."

Digital nods as she stands back, but looks around at her surroundings,. Given that she was bed ridden her whole life, she used virtual reality and her hacking skills to control cameras within the city to explore the city. "I recognize this alley, I would often hack the cameras here to keep an eye on dealers and thugs" she whispers to Crimson,"there's a few spots here and there that you can flank him if need be" she says, pointing them out.

@Digital Blitz

Crimson had to ignore Digi to keep her aim on Edge's ghost. The ghost screeched at Crimson in response to her orders, then charged directly at the two. Crimson had to pull Digi out of the way, giving her barely enough time to avoid the charge.

@Twofer

Digital sighs and looks down "I just wanted to help" she sighs as she then looks up and continues watching what Crimson was doing, sitting down on a curb of the street and watching her movements. and also watching the movements of Sharpened Edge. 

@Digital Blitz

Edge wildly swiped at Crimson, who easily ducked under it. She retaliated by firing off three quick shots right at Edge's face, causing him to stagger back. Edge attempted to tackle Crimson, but she once again dodged by sidestepping him, then following up with two shots in the back, sending him to the ground,

@Twofer

Digital sits and watches, those were some of the smoothest moves she had ever seen, and she spent a lot of her time playing video  games. For some reason though, the name sent shivers down her spine, but not for the reason of him being a serial killer

@Digital Blitz

Crimson finished Edge off with a final shot to the back of the head. After he was done for, she took the soul containment unit from her belt and opened it, causing Edge's ghost to be sucked in. "Headquarters, this is Crimson. We have a mission success. Requesting a portal back to HQ."

@Twofer

Digital just sat there and stared in awe "Miss, that were some moves back then" she says as she stands up and sighs "All the memories of this place" she says and looks over at Crimson "is that it?"

@Digital Blitz

"That's it, kid. We got the soul, so that means mission complete. Missions like these can be just a quick in and out job." A portal opened in front of the two of them, and Crimson proceeded on through.

@Twofer

Digital nods "I'm sorry about earlier, I just wanted to help" she says as she follows Crimson through the portal "So what exactly happens to these souls after you've captured them?" she asks with a tilt of her head, "Are they processed and then sent to the appropriate place or are they just kept somewhere in the jars?"

@Digital Blitz

"They're sent in for special processing and eventually sent to the Afterlife. All we need to worry about is getting the souls. I'm gonna go ahead and take this guy to processing, so you're off the hook. I'll let you know if we have another mission. If you need me in the meantime, I'll be in my quarters." With that, Crimson walked off.

5 hours ago, Twofer said:

@Digital Blitz

"They're sent in for special processing and eventually sent to the Afterlife. All we need to worry about is getting the souls. I'm gonna go ahead and take this guy to processing, so you're off the hook. I'll let you know if we have another mission. If you need me in the meantime, I'll be in my quarters." With that, Crimson walked off.

Digital nods and starts wondering around the caverns, "Right, so miss Glare said to go to requisitions if I want anything like a tv" she says softly to herself and tries to remember if Crimson had shown her where it was. "Darn it,I forgot to ask where requisitions is" she says and then thinks about it and uses her badge "Uh hi, is this thing on? I'm kinda new here and trying to find requisitions is.. I'm in a set of caves that have stalactites that are oddly glowing purple."

@Digital Blitz

Immediately after Digi spoke, her badge responded. "Hello, Junior Agent Blitz. Requisitions is down the hall and the second door on the right. You may contact central communications at any time if you are in need of further instruction."

13 minutes ago, Twofer said:

@Digital Blitz

Immediately after Digi spoke, her badge responded. "Hello, Junior Agent Blitz. Requisitions is down the hall and the second door on the right. You may contact central communications at any time if you are in need of further instruction."

Digital smiles and responds "Thank you" she says before she makes her way to requisitions and smiles as she sees the door that was quite aptly labeled Requisitions "Ah here it is, now let me think, I'll like some posters for my room, a personal alienware laptop with games, a tv and..some movies" she says as she walks in and smiles at the reaper at the desk "Uhm hello, I'd like to make a few requests of things for my quarters, if I may, please?"

• Brohoof 1

@Digital Blitz

At the desk was a skeleton with glowing red eyes. It stared at her for a moment before placing some papers on the desk and sliding them towards Digi. "Fill out these requisition forms."

@Twofer

"Thank you" she says as she then begins to fill them out, "Hmm, some Wonderbolt and Shadowbolt posters respectively, posters of the sisters, some plush toys to keep me company when i sleep..I wonder if they allow pet?" she thinks to herself and smiles up at the skeleton "Excuse me sir, are pets allowed?"

@Digital Blitz

"Living beings such as pets cannot be acquired by requisitions, as per the regulations set by the Grim Reaper," answers the Skeleton. "If that will be all, please give me the requisition form."

@Twofer

She shakes her head "Not quite done, but thank you" she says before finishing with a few things like the tv, video game systems and computers. "There, now I am done" she says and give the skeleton "thank you" she says and looks around herself

• Brohoof 1