Is Fluttershy not interacting much with the Mane Six ponies?

FirePuppy

640?cb=20161030172417

She used to, until around mid-Season 4. Starting from there, unlike all the other ponies, she's only been getting episodes for herself or with Discord, with the exception of her Cutie Map episodes and Buckball Season, where she was on Pinkie Pie's side the whole time.

Of course, also since Season 3, in every one of these Fluttershy episodes, all the Mane Six ponies (plus Spike) made appearances but only had minor roles in most. This is one reason why she hasn't appeared at all in more episodes than the rest of the Mane Six.

As a PinkieShy fan, I can think of some ways Fluttershy can interact with Pinkie Pie more in Season 8 (since we all know Fluttershy probably won't get an episode with any Mane Six ponies in Season 7):

• A pets episode where they try to make Gummy and Angel become best friends
  • Pinkie Pie also interacting with Zephyr Breeze or Discord
  • An episode where they build a new garden for a flower show after Pinkie ruins it by eating up Fluttershy's flowers

This is for all you Fluttershy fans out there who want to see more of her on the show.

• Brohoof 1

Flutter Brutter(w/Rainbow Dash)? Viva Las Pegasus(AJ)?

Honestly I'd rather they keep sticking her with the mane 6 over more Discord episodes

• Brohoof 3

I do agree with you, FirePuppy. The one who I think she needs to interact more in the Mane Six with is Rarity. A Rarity/Fluttershy episode is well overdue because the last time they had an episode together was I think back in Season 1(!). It could be an episode where Rarity needs Fluttershy's help to make a new dress, or Fluttershy needing Rarity's advice to get something to keep one of her animals happy.

• Brohoof 1

Fluttershy is supposed to be reclusive. Leave her personality alone! >.< I don't want YellowQuiet becoming a generic sociable pony; she's supposed to be cute and timid. That is what makes her waifu-bait to many superficially minded bronies >:O Don't you dare take that away from them! We don't want more canon Flutterbitch ala Putting Your Hoof Down or Flutter Brutter, now do we?

>.>

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
1 hour ago, K.Rool Addict said:

Fluttershy is supposed to be reclusive. Leave her personality alone! >.< I don't want YellowQuiet becoming a generic sociable pony; she's supposed to be cute and timid. That is what makes her waifu-bait to many superficially minded bronies >:O Don't you dare take that away from them! We don't want more canon Flutterbitch ala Putting Your Hoof Down or Flutter Brutter, now do we?

>.>

She went through this thing called Character Development. 

Edited by Odd Ball
  • Brohoof 3

3 hours ago, Kelldrick said:

I do agree with you, FirePuppy. The one who I think she needs to interact more in the Mane Six with is Rarity. A Rarity/Fluttershy episode is well overdue because the last time they had an episode together was I think back in Season 1(!). It could be an episode where Rarity needs Fluttershy's help to make a new dress, or Fluttershy needing Rarity's advice to get something to keep one of her animals happy.

...Except, I'm not much of a RariShy fan, so I'm not so sure about those ideas.

4 hours ago, FirePuppy said:

...Except, I'm not much of a RariShy fan, so I'm not so sure about those ideas.

bias.

whether you're a fan or not, you can't make the argument that they shouldn't get an episode just because you're not a fan of them. They're part of the group, therefore, they should have a paired episode.

• Brohoof 1

9 hours ago, Odd Ball said:

You can't completely change their personality. She is less timid now, but she will always remain so.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...
On 31.5.2017. at 7:11 AM, Kelldrick said:

I agree 100%. They had Putting your hoof down in s2 but that was with PP and not really focusing on the two of them. Green isn't your colour is THE Rarishy episode, and they need to have another one soon. I think the two of them are great friends, but I guess they are making more Rarijack episodes because it shows that you can be friends with someone even if you're completely different. But WE GET IT. I for one am sick of Rarijack episodes and would like to see a Rarishy episode in s8, since we probably won't have one in s7 (even though "Uncommon bond" is a adorable episode name for the two of them).:D

Not that much, but it's still kinda there overall. I'd like her to though.

Fluttershy and Spike is long overdue.

Starlight Glimmer and Fluttershy should also happen. The only one of the Mane 6 that gave the crazy cult a pro. Also don't forget that Fluttershy played a role in the cult episode.

• Brohoof 1

The main reason we haven't seen as much between Fluttershy and the main six is because Discord has been hogging her episodes, but you also need to keep in mind she is more introverted than the other ponies, so you can't expect her to be bonding willy nilly like Pinkie Pie. 

On 5/31/2017 at 0:41 AM, Odd Ball said:

Flanderization is not character development. The issue isn't that she became more assertive, it's that she went form a round character to a generic shy one, and then people started whining about whenever she was shy because they don't understand how people work, leaving her as just utterly boring. Only recent Fluttershy episodes I can think were she actually had personality were Buckball Season and Discordant Harmony. Maybe the Zephyr Breeze episode as well, though there she was mainly just pissed off. 

On 5/30/2017 at 11:21 PM, K.Rool Addict said:

>.>

Fluttershy seriously comes across as autistic in this scene, not just shy, even more so with the bit with her and Spike right afterwards. That's the reason she was my favorite character, she would have made for interesting autistic character who doesn't just conform to the nerd stereotype, and she's very likeable despite her lack of social grace. We got plenty of great moments throughout Season 1 were her character was further fleshed out. All that was gone by the end of Season 3 though, were they upped her manipulativeness by seven notches and removed any passion she had for pretty much anything. 

Edited by Ganondox

• 4 weeks later...

Well, the show is stylistically different now than it was the first 3-4 seasons.  They all used to be like Triple Threat, a group effort.  Now it's more solo action.  Paradoxically, ALL the characters get less screen time, not just Fluttershy.

4 minutes ago, sweetolebob18 said:

Well, the show is stylistically different now than it was the first 3-4 seasons.  They all used to be like Triple Threat, a group effort.  Now it's more solo action.  Paradoxically, ALL the characters get less screen time, not just Fluttershy.

Oh god... I hope it won't stay that way for Season 8 after the movie is released.