Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Spike going on an adventure without Twilight

FlareGun45

Hey wouldn't it be cool if Spike went on an adventure without Twilight with him? I see it in the comics though, but we never seen it happen in the show. Spike teaming up with another one of his friends and go on some kind of adventure outside of Ponyville. C'mon, Twilight goes on plenty of adventures without him, so why not the other way around? :D Maybe a trip to the Dragon Lands or the Changeling Kingdom with either Fluttershy or Starlight!

• Brohoof 2

I am surprised that they haven't done this yet. I would love to see him go on some kind of mission entirely on his own, perhaps meeting new friends in the process as he tends to do. We almost have that when he went to the dragon lands, but Rarity and Twilight followed him, so it doesn't count. Maybe a journey to find some very rare gem that he wants to nab to give to his friends to show how much they mean to him. He could sneak off to get it and maybe he nearly falls in lava or something, but someone saves him, either the mane 6 or someone he meets. The moral could be that you do not need to give someone a physical item to show how much one means to you. The rest of the plot would center around this whole idea. 

4 minutes ago, javaleen said:

there was at least one episode where he was  completely separated from twilight, no? Like the D&D episode?

That wasn't really an 'adventure' though, more like a slice of life episode. WHICH, that episode totally should have been an adventure, rather than...well, Discord just messing about. 

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, cmarston1 said:

I'd actually pretty down with an adventure to the Dragon Lands with Spike and Fluttershy.

Or starlight, but I think Fluttershy would be an interesting choice.

(edited)
11 hours ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Spike and Pinkie Pie on an adventure alone, just imagine all the shenanigans and fun moments that'd bring!

I think what might be more interesting for a Season 8 suggestion is an episode focusing on Pinkie Pie, Spike, AND the Cutie Mark Crusaders, all FIVE together, that way we'd have not one, not two, but THREE pairings that still haven't happened in past seasons.

Imagine -- a Mane Six pony having adventures with a group of youngsters, wouldn't that be cute?

Edited by FirePuppy
  • Brohoof 2

Spike on a solo mission would be cool. Showing Twilight and the others that he can do it.

Like, Spike went on a mission, Twilight used that spell that she used when Starlight was in Canderlot, Twilight does have faith in Spike, but nervous cause she and Spike have never been apart.

• Brohoof 1

I wasn't specifically saying "solo mission", brahs! I mean that could happen, but also, he could team up with certain other ponies he doesn't team up with often! All I was saying, Spike going on an adventure specifically without Twilight... or Rarity for that matter!

Perhaps something focused on his life as a servant. Like how to index a catalog of books, proper handling of brooms and dusters. Cleaning methods for ink stains, tricks to fold pantaloons and socks, especially socks.

With some intervals of him queuing outside the parchment store, with twilight's to-do list about getting more parchment for the current to-do list.

Here is the twist though. Spike is decided to make an adventure of the tedious aspects of his life. Teaching us how life can be one, despite being stuck in an unfulfilling job. That, with a touch of goodwill, imagination, and a just tiny bit of dissociation.