Songs aren't what they used to be?

BlinkZ

(edited)

This may be very subjective but, I just don't feel the same about songs since season 6. They seem to have lost their heart or catchy-ness.  
I can recall Winter Wrap up, hearts strong as horses, Smile smile smile, SuperCider 6000, even love is in bloom...but anything from season 6 and on...not really, i'm drawing a blank without looking up the list.

What do you think?

Edited by BlinkZ

(edited)
8 minutes ago, BlinkZ said:

This may be very subjective but, I just don't feel the same about songs since season 6. They seem to have lost their heart or catchy-ness.  
I can recall Winter Wrap up, hearts strong as horses, Smile smile smile, SuperCider 6000, even love is in bloom...but anything from season 5 and on...not really, i'm drawing a blank without looking up the list.

What do you think?

I think you have lost your mind :o 

Edited by K.Rool Addict

Seasons 3-6 in my opinion had the best songs in the series! :D Season 1 was meh, season 2 was better (especially in the finale), and the songs became AWESOME in season 3, then 4, then 5, then 6, and now so far, meh for 7, but I understand that Daniel is needed for the movie!

• Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, MegaSean45 said:

Seasons 3-6 in my opinion had the best songs in the series! :D Season 1 was meh, season 2 was better (especially in the finale), and the songs became AWESOME in season 3, then 4, then 5, then 6, and now so far, meh for 7, but I understand that Daniel is needed for the movie!

Definitely agree there. Season 1 only had Winter Wrap Up (for me), and for Season 2 I would go with Smile (wasn't the biggest fan of the songs from ACW tbh lol although I do have to admit, some remixes of Love is In Bloom are absolutely phenomenal).

S3 had Babs Seed (possible the catchiest song ever composed), and all those freaking amazing songs from MMC. I would say my fav was the FULL version of I Have to Find a Way.

S4 had Bats and Got the Music in You but not much else iirc.

For Seasons 5-6 just refer to my above post :P Don't need to tell ya'll again xD

For flat out "Most Emotional" songs of the entire series I would put:

#1 Seeds of the Past

#2 The Pony I Wanna Be

#3 The Magic Inside

(edited)

Seasons 3 and 4 have songs on par with anything in the first two seasons, in my opinion. Maybe I just need to listen to them more, but I don't think season 5 or 6 really reached that point, and some of the songs there started to feel like retreads of previous songs, excepting only those episodes with a particular musical focus - "A Hearth's Warming Tail" includes at least two of the best songs in the entire show, and while I've mostly forgotten them, I remember the songs from "Crusaders of the Lost Mark" and "The Mane Attraction" being quite satisfying. Those are the exceptions, however; the rest are either derivative or just not very catchy, if you ask me. And season 7 just doesn't have many songs.

Edited by AlexanderThrond

(edited)

S6 had a ton of REALLY good songs. S7 really hasn't had enough to judge (though one of the few songs it HAS had was literally a joke to be a punchline to well.. an ealier joke)

Edited by M'gann M'orzz

RARITY IS THE BEST PONY EVER 

I'm not sure I totally agree with that. Season 5 had a bunch of gems. But I do think the Season 6 songs could've been better, apart from those in A Hearth's Warming Tail. I adore the post-Season 5 songs outside of the main series, though. The songs in Friendship Games and Legend of Everfree are mostly stellar.

img-39037-1-img-39037-1-img-39037-1-img-

Signature by Kyoshi

I miss songs with orchestras. Like The magic inside, which had a great orchestral part. I hope that that kind of songs come back.

If I don't understand something or Interpret it wrong, I'm dutch. Sometimes I gamble for meanings of the words. And sometimes I write the wrong words, like week and weak for example. Sorry for it already. :smug:

Discord, Twilight, Sunset, Fluttershy, Starlight, Rarity, Luna, Celestia, Big MCintosh, Cadence, Shining, Minuette, Lyra, Rara, Sweetie Belle, Cheerilee, Derpy, Spike.

!Feel Free To Talk And Walk Where Ever You Like On This Forum!