Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Games you just couldn't get into.

CastletonSnob

I've tried a few times to start playing Skyrim. Haven't spent too much time in it yet.

I just seem to go back to other games before I invest too much into it

• Brohoof 1

Dota 2. After 60 hours of playing, I couldn't beat the easy bots.

Final Fantasy X. I remember getting stuck at that plant boss and being really frustrated. Then I lent it to a friend and never saw it again. Oh well. (Actually, I think I gave it to him. I don't know) I certainly haven't been interested in purchasing the remastered version or anything.

Haven't played any other FF's either.

Paper Mario Sticker Star. The reason being it's a bad game. Plain and simple.

Pretty much any violent video game. I can't even stomach watching them. They make me feel physically ill.

2 hours ago, Derplight Sperkle said:

I've tried a few times to start playing Skyrim. Haven't spent too much time in it yet.

I just seem to go back to other games before I invest too much into it

Same here. It's always seemed like a shallow rpg at the core, I got bored after an hour.

I echo the disinterest in Skyrim. Oblivion was much better imo.

@Envy I'd suggest playing other FFs before you give up on the series entirely. FFX is pretty different and has lots of roadblocks for newcomers. Final Fantasy VII is probably the easiest game in the series if you wanted something to ease you into it.

For me it's any game in the Assassin's Creed series. The first game literally put me to sleep, and the sequels could never grab me long enough to care. Maybe sometime in the future... :/

• Brohoof 1

Assassin's Creed an Killzone, the latter I've tried several times, including the much beloved KZ2 but for the life of me I just couldn't, it's a very boring series 

3 minutes ago, PathfinderCS said:

For me it's any game in the Assassin's Creed series. The first game literally put me to sleep, and the sequels could never grab me long enough to care. Maybe sometime in the future... :/

I'm the same. Black Flag is the only one that's ever been worth my attention, in part because of the boat stuff.

• Brohoof 1

Battlefield 1 for me. I did play it for a while, but it got kind of stale and frustrating after 50 or so hours. It just feels too chaotic and spammy for my liking. 

• Brohoof 1

Undertale. While the story was interesting at times and the music and art style are lovely, I couldn't get into the very bland and boring RPG elemnts. The gameplay just didn't have anything to keep me going, multiple endings doesn't do it for me.

9 hours ago, Colt 45 said:

Battlefield 1 for me. I did play it for a while, but it got kind of stale and frustrating after 50 or so hours. It just feels too chaotic and spammy for my liking. 

I have to agree. There also is a sheer lack of content in the game. BF4 was far better IMO.

10 hours ago, CuriUndersXeno said:

Stealth games, like 4 of them, can't do it. Metal Gear, some ninja Indie game, and Dishonored.

I absolutely despised the stealth in the first Dishonored, it was terrible. Once I started to ignore the stealth completely though, I had a lot more fun with it. Shame that the story sorta punishes you for that. How dare us have fun!

Im sorry but I just couldn't get into TF2 manily because gameplay was so repetitive and combat was frustrating for me. I played only 9hrs of TF2 before I stopped playing it altogether. Another game I couldn't into was Undertale. I'm sorry the ice controls are horrendous, it too took my ten tires to get though the first ice puzzle mainly because of the controls. I also really don't like the characters as well. The are just stock characters to me

10 hours ago, CuriUndersXeno said:

Stealth games, like 4 of them, can't do it. Metal Gear, some ninja Indie game, and Dishonored.

At least in Metal Gear's case you can still play it like an action game. They give you more than enough guns to handle the enemies.

• Brohoof 1

12 hours ago, PathfinderCS said:

I completely forgot about that one, holy... I seriously NEVER got the hang of them, even though I absolutely love assassin playstyle characters in MOBAs/MMORPGs and other games in general.

1 hour ago, Kyoshi said:

I absolutely despised the stealth in the first Dishonored, it was terrible. Once I started to ignore the stealth completely though, I had a lot more fun with it. Shame that the story sorta punishes you for that. How dare us have fun!

1 hour ago, Discordian said:

At least in Metal Gear's case you can still play it like an action game. They give you more than enough guns to handle the enemies.

I guess. But somehow I can spy in TF2 (unless team comp is bad and I need to play obj). I just don't like how its like, its basically like slow platforming for side-scrollers, it gets boring. Then Dishonored yeah the blocking/parry thing was messed up for me cuz I turned off the aim assist on it, so I guess you need to time it too well or something idk it was annoying. Plus, inching around and its basically a uniform path, not multiple approaches. No creativity, it just spells out what you need to do for you, early on anyways. And the mechanics were lame n the graphics for me didn't age well. But that's true about MGSV and I did mess around briefly but eh. Didn't get into it. It was a little fun admittedly, more than the other 2, but opportunity cost of other games I never end up playing it.

1 hour ago, Kyoshi said:

Undertale. While the story was interesting at times and the music and art style are lovely, I couldn't get into the very bland and boring RPG elemnts. The gameplay just didn't have anything to keep me going, multiple endings doesn't do it for me.

I love Undertale, and I am used to RPGs, played some when I was young. So, it was very easy for me, and I played some touhou before too, but not that much, enough for basic enemies to be simpletons tho. And Alphys' texts for me were the worst part, cuz I have no patience lol, and I don't really care for that humor or excessive characterization. I think its more of a criticism of half of the people who play the game, like, I overtexted people before and this game gets to me how annoying it is so I see it as a satirical criticism of the people who end up playing the game. Some of the fan stuff is great tho, n sans is like, battle-toads difficulty (except you don't die in one hit lol, and it progresses faster than BT). I couldn't bring myself to grind out a second genocide run tho just to have sans there to play now n then. You have to do so many random battles. Also I got a cheat device for UT to make the game more difficult (like playing it on twice the speed) but I misplaced it, so now its just meh.

Plus 2x speed would help with those alphys text spam moments lol.

First Person Shooters in general. It's not engaging and satisfying me just going around strategically shooting and grenade launching every single enemy out of my way.

I never play them seriously and just strafe around like crazy while using my combat knife to get the job done. Either way, I suck at them. XD

Battleborn, which is a shame because I actually really like the characters and the writing. Gearbox never fails to give me both chuckles and roars of laughter.

Actually playing it though is a slog for me. Multiplayer takes too long both to get started and to actually get through a story mission and solo play doesn't feel like I'm getting the full experience. So even if I like the characters, story, and world, actually getting to experience any of it is too much of a chore to power through.

Same goes for League of Legends, again love the vast characters and want to spend time with them but the gameplay feels like I'm peeking at this vast fantasy world through a tiny keyhole rather than immersing in it.

There is some games I couldn't get into:

-Skyrim: I love the topic of that game, but there's too much glitches.

-Any competitive mutiplayer game (Like Team Fortress 2 or Counter Strike): I use to rage a lot in that kind of games

-Any turn-based RPG: For me, they are veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery boring.

• Brohoof 1

I tried to get into Oblivion, Diablo 2, Phantom Brave and Sonic CD. I really really really tried. I gave all of them the time and effort needed to at least complete half the game as intended and man. I either beat them with no satisfaction or stopped halfway and just kinda forgot about them. Then started them up again...then forgot about them again...then started then again...then forgot them again.

Oblivion, Diablo 2 and Phantom Brave are all games I played through at least half the content and just couldnt find what everyone else liked about them. They wernt bad games but nothing about them were memorable or enjoyable enough to commit me to wanting to beat it. There is SOOOO much to do...but I didnt enjoy doing any of it :pout:

Sonic CD I HAD to finish. And boy was it a slog. I beat that game 4 times with all possible endings and...no its a Sonic game I cannot force myself to like no matter how much I want to. I even know why so many others like it but its actually for the exact reason I DONT like it. To no ones surprise Sonic CD was not made by the same director or team that did the main sonic series for the genesis. It was more of a sister project to sonic 2 where they let a one of the designers for sonic 1 just sorta go ham. This results in absolute MADNESS on the screen. There's SO much shit going on that you cant follow most of whats going on screen. you've got random ledges, platforms, springs and rings that dont go anywhere. They just sorta begin and stop. You've got random foreground objects and uncollectable rings. There's friggin rings in the foreground you cant collect but you have no reason to believe any sane developer would make that.

The levels are a mishmash of blocks and obstacles not made to get through in one swift run like every other sonic game. The levels were made to be more vertical and exploitative oriented than what you expect a sonic game would be. You arnt nor were ever intended to race through the levels competently. They're all supposed to be a sort of maze where you figure out your own way from a bajillion forks in the path. I couldnt understand what I was missing but then after looking up reviews I came to a startling conclusion. Those who liked it, did so for the exact reason I didnt like it. It WASNT a game you were supposed to "go fast" in. it WASNT a game where you were to competently dispatch of enemies. It WASNT a game where you were supposed to traverse the landscape without double backing. It was made to a slower precise plat former with heavy exploration intended with a sonic theme attached. I found most people who felt Sonic CD was the best in the series...generally didnt like the main stream genesis series to begin with. They got a Sonic game for themselves and taught me it was unrealistic to to truly like EVERY sonic game even for what they are when there are many that stray from the theme of the franchise.

• 3 years later...