Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Glad that the movie isn't live action CGI

ManaMinori

So many nostalgic kid shows have gotten hit with the Live Action/CGI stick- Smurfs, Alvin and the Chipmunks, Scooby Doo,  Garfeild, Yogi Bear, All of Disney's nostalgic movies (Lion King, Jungle Book, Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast), so I am happy that MLP hasn't hopped on this train, though I do wish they had hit oldschool feels with some good old fashioned 2d hand drawn animation. 

I kind of wish the animation was more like Lullaby For a Princess, but it would probably take way too damn long to do a whole movie like that. I wish deadlines didn't exist for making movies.

• Brohoof 1

41 minutes ago, heavens-champion said:

It's a lot better animated, I agree. The ponies wouldn't look right if they were computer-animated images in a live action movie. They would look really creepy.

Mot to mention over the top actors that don't know how to work with the CGI characters, plus they feel out of place :dry: 

3 hours ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

So many nostalgic kid shows have gotten hit with the Live Action/CGI stick- Smurfs, Alvin and the Chipmunks, Scooby Doo,  Garfeild, Yogi Bear, All of Disney's nostalgic movies (Lion King, Jungle Book, Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast), so I am happy that MLP hasn't hopped on this train, though I do wish they had hit oldschool feels with some good old fashioned 2d hand drawn animation. 

You know what's the scary part? When they where negotiating with SONY to distribute the movie, they've suggested such shit to be the pony movie :eww:

32 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

Mot to mention over the top actors that don't know how to work with the CGI characters, plus they feel out of place :dry: 

You know what's the scary part? When they where negotiating with SONY to distribute the movie, they've suggested such shit to be the pony movie :eww:

How DARE you deny the marketing genius that would be a Smurfs styled MLP movie!

YOU JUST DON'T KNOW GOLD WHEN YOU SEE IT!

Smurfs.jpg

(edited)

Yeah, MLP got really lucky, especially considering what they originally wanted if that Sony e-mail is anything to go by

I hope the movie does well enough for Hasbro to consider making more theatrical animated movies, I've been wanting another animated Transformers movie for a while, and I'd love not to see them portrayed as walking piles of scrap glued together for a change

Edited by Whompy Whomperson

6 hours ago, Whompy Whomperson said:

Yeah, MLP got really lucky, especially considering what they originally wanted if that Sony e-mail is anything to go by

I hope the movie does well enough for Hasbro to consider making more theatrical animated movies, I've been wanting another animated Transformers movie for a while, and I'd love not to see them portrayed as walking piles of scrap glued together for a change

maybe if the transformers movie's sales keep dropping, last knight, while phenomenally profitable, was still a dissapointment compared to what they were *expecting*

13 minutes ago, Unlikeable Pony said:

maybe if the transformers movie's sales keep dropping, last knight, while phenomenally profitable, was still a dissapointment compared to what they were *expecting*

I don't know about toy sales, but I do know the movie itself underperformed, even China couldn't save it like in the past