How Many Alicorns should be in the Show?

FemaleIntrovert1995

Honestly, I still miss good ol' unicorn Twilight ^_^ and Flurry was definately too much... I hope they will leave alicorns as rare and mysterious as they should be, being the elite of Equestria. Okay, story can explain everything (logically or not is a different thing :D) but I think the less is the better.

• Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, Tilgoreth said:

FlutterDash should become an alicorn and togther they can be lesbian princess alicorns. 

For that matter, not sure how the Alicorn upgrade patch would work on Pegasi - wouldn't they just end up with two sets of wings? :D

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

For that matter, not sure how the Alicorn upgrade patch would work on Pegasi - wouldn't they just end up with two sets of wings? :D

No they would get a horn. Unicorns get wings, pegasai get horns. Though FlutterDash would be extra horny so that might be a problem. (in bed)

2 minutes ago, Tilgoreth said:

No they would get a horn. Unicorns get wings, pegasai get horns. Though FlutterDash would be extra horny so that might be a problem. (in bed)

Spoiler

They should ascend Scootaloo and give her the Tempest Shadow treatment afterwards.

• Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, Tilgoreth said:

full.gif

• Brohoof 1

Especially considering that Alicorn Twilight is supposedly "immortal" now, her friends would sadly and unfortunately die...unless they somehow  they all get alicornized too. 

(edited)

I mean we kinda already have a lot of them compared to the beginning of the show, so I am fine with no more new alicorns.

However if we were to get another one, there is only one other character I can see as being worthy of becoming one.

Spoiler

Related image

Edited by cmarston1
  • Brohoof 3

Hasbro wants to make money, so they need to give their viewers (of all kinds) a reason to buy their stuff.

As for the topic question, only two with just Celestia and Luna. They're allegedly a special species since they have a horn and wings, and they're also not as common as the 3 main pony species. So they can't just be tossed into the show "just cuz".

I wasn't eager about the initial reveal of Cadance being an alicorn.

Then again, the alicorn sisters have to come from somewhere, so more alicorns could be added if the show explores them.

Too bad that hasn't happened. There was supplemental info about the Cadance, but I don't know if the people working on the show are even aware of that, so Cadance's background is still a mystery as far as I'm concerned.

Season 6 arrived, Flurry Heart was born, Celestia and Luna were clueless (what else would their position be?), and why that baby was born an alicorn was forgotten.

I had too much faith in the writers even though they had too many years and episodes at their disposal.

• Brohoof 1

As many as there's a purpose behind-- I Like alicorns being kind of greek gods kind of beings, so as long as there's a needed purpose for one, I would be fully behind them existing: Such as an alicorn for the oceans if you introduce some sort of magical artifact that they have to look over as well, or an Alicorn of Tartarus.

7 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

Oh that's an easy one:

Reveal hidden contents

All Of Them. 

"Who should become an alicorn next?"
"Everyone"

"What do you mean everyone?"
"EVERYONE"

1 hour ago, Unlikeable Pony said:

"Who should become an alicorn next?"

"Everyone"

"What do you mean everyone?"
"EVERYONE"

And please, note that the answer is not "Everypony", it's deeper and more wonderful/disturbing than that.  👀

13 hours ago, cmarston1 said:

I mean we kinda already have a lot of them compared to the beginning of the show, so I am fine with no more new alicorns.

However if we were to get another one, there is only one other character I can see as being worthy of becoming one.

Reveal hidden contents

Related image

Agreed.  I've never been opposed to Twilights becoming an Alicorn, just annoyed it happened so quickly for such a major change.  With Sunset I'll admit I more than half expected her to have wings in mirror magic...

I don't know if the writers thought it, but Cadance is a important bit of foreshadowing that more alicorns are possible.

On ‎2017‎-‎07‎-‎23 at 2:30 PM, CuriUndersXeno said:

Imagine if they had earth ponies getting horns then wings separately. So its like, wow, 3x the toys, Hasbro, you should totally do that j/k.

Earth ponies would have the hardest transition since they would gain magic and wings at the same time.

I was originally on the fence about Twilight and Cadence being alicorns because it took away the mystique of the alicorn's abilities and origin. I'm behind in the show as of the finale of the last season, but I think Celestia and Luna are still the two alicorns that display an ascended level of competency and being. I don't really mind it so much anymore, though- Twilight being bested by Starlight in terms of magical prowess is a little annoying to me, but aside from that I think they've handled her becoming a princess and alicorn really well. Cadence felt like the wild card that started the trend of alicorn acceptance. I was a little miffed at first when I found out she just... became what I thought was another species of pony, and from out of the blue this character!

But that just goes I had too much invested in my own head canon for the show. I'm honestly fine with all we have now, but am a little tentative to give an opinion on Flurry Heart. Based on what I've seen I think there've been some developments with her that I haven't caught up to. I thought it was kind of telling when Luna and Celestia said she was the first alicorn born that way. That means they were once something other than alicorns. 

tl;dr Eh...

On 7/23/2017 at 6:29 PM, Star Trail said:

Especially considering that Alicorn Twilight is supposedly "immortal" now, her friends would sadly and unfortunately die...unless they somehow  they all get alicornized too. 

Eh, at this point I think McCarthy more or less is just going to go with "Twilight's not immortal" as her default canon just to avoid the headache. and since it's never going to come up in the show, she has the upside of just needing to make vague comments about it not mattering or not outliving her friends to side step the issue (since they're trying to be as vague as possible about alicorn lore and specifics)

tirekcorn.png

5 hours ago, CuriUndersXeno said:

Not what I am saying. Earth ponies become pegasi. Then gain a horn. Two different phases. Means more toys.

Oh okay. The perfect money making plan for Hasbro.

(edited)
On 24-7-2017 at 0:00 AM, Tilgoreth said:

FlutterDash should become an alicorn and togther they can be lesbian princess alicorns. 

What purpose has that? ;) The princesses of shipping? 

1 hour ago, CuriUndersXeno said:

Can also make em all crystal ponies after they all become alicorns.

Yeah and you can give them long necks and you can give them a flying Trex who only can fly as a bird becomes phoenix. :grin:

Why would make them Crystal ponies? 

Edited by Hierok

I personally don't want any more alicorns unless Hasbro announces that there is actually an alicorn race living somewhere outside of Equestria. I might be okay if a stallion is made an alicorn to change things up. But as a whole, I think six alicorns is plenty. I am hoping and praying that Starlight never becomes an alicorn. 

• Brohoof 1