Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Free Area?

Rock Afire Fan

We have a general chat thread:

The General discussion section:
https://mlpforums.com/forum/9-general-discussion/

And every other thread/section depending on what you wish post about, you'll see a lot threads being locked because they cannot create a long/meaningful discussion, if you believe something you wish to share would not make a great topic to centre a discussion around it is suggested that you make use of the Blog and or status update features, both of which can be found on your profile.

• Brohoof 2

On 7/28/2017 at 2:00 AM, Rock Afire Fan said:

Is there a section where we can post about random things?

A section? No. As Snow said, the closest would be the General Chat Thread, but the same 'rules' that would govern having a conversation apply. What I mean by that is this: if you constantly post random things you will find engagement hit and miss. 

Even in The Forum Lounge, the most likely area to celebrate randomness, the OP sets the purpose of the topic -- so it isn't truly random. 

I could be wrong but I do believe that there might be the occasional (post a meme) thread there, but even that technically isn't a random topic. That said, if you have an idea that's topic worthy and it sounds random, just PM a staffer and ask, "Where would this go?"

On 7/28/2017 at 2:14 AM, Snow said:

And every other thread/section depending on what you wish post about, you'll see a lot threads being locked because they cannot create a long/meaningful discussion

I tend to keep an eye out for these and recreate the topics when I see them locked for that specific reason, because most topics that are 'status locked' can actually merit some interesting discussion with a clever retooling of the OP. Similarly, you can take almost any Status Update and Blog and turn that into a topic if you craft the OP just right. 

• Brohoof 2