Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Favorite Band/Musician From Your Area

Denim&Venöm

Since I moved when I was young, I'll use music from where I live and from where I was born.

I currently live in Idaho, which is primarily known for country music. If you look at where I've posted, then you'd know that I don't care for country. I've looked up bands from Idaho that I like. I can't find any. I did, however, find out that Nikki Sixx of Motely Crue grew up in Idaho, though he was born in California. I'm counting that.

I'm originally from Kentucky, which is known for bluegrass. I'm more of a fan of it than I am of country, but I still don't listen to much of it. Cage The Elephant is from Kentucky and I'm a fan of them.

Frank Zappa used to have a record studio a few miles from where I live, but it was closed down long ago. Other than that, the closest city is LA. Lots of great artists from LA. Flogging Molly formed in LA, even though they are Irish.

Edited by McDude

My area is mostly known for country music. *gags*

David Gates of Bread (soft rock group from the 70s) I recall being from the state... Maybe even Tulsa? Bread is one of my favorite bands, so I can definitely be proud of that!

I also recall that John Denver is from the state? I'm not sure on that, but I thought I remembered doing a project over important people from the state in Oklahoma and it being over him. Some people may consider him country... But listen to this, NOT country at all.

• 7 years later...

George Thorogood and the Destroyers (used to be Delaware destroyers) is like the biggest name act to have come out from this general area. I don't know of any bands from my actual town.