Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Mute And the Outcasted (1x1 With The Ceberus)

Maple Bat

"That sounds like the best plan to me!" Maple said with a smile, "Here's hoping I can fly that far before the medicine wears out. I know where we are and manehatten is a bit south-east of here not far." Maple spread her wings and started heading that way but stopped for a second to be sure Speechless was following her.

Speechless opened his wings carefully, the wing wasn't hurting that much anymore, the holes were still aching a little, but it didn't stop him from flying. He took flight and flew next to Maple, flying felt unpleasant, but he could handle it. 

Edited by The Cerberus

"I see you can fly that's good just keep it up for about 10 minutes and we should be at Manehatten." Maple was right too. it was only around ten minutes of flying before they got there. Once they did Maple started to felt beat again she landed on the ground gingerly "Ugh... How does something like that only work for a short time... How much farther?"

Speechless looked at Maple slightly sympathetically when he noticed the substance's effect started to end, he wrote, "About 10 minutes of walking, and one set of stairs." "And if you need walking support just ask, there's no point to torture yourself."

Maple evaluated how she felt "No I..." She took a step and flinched. She had gotten worse than before they left her adrenaline must have gone away "Ow... Y... Yea I could use some help." She felt like she looked weak asking him for help but she knew when she was beaten and she could do much more on her own. "Thanks."

Speechless smiled at Maple sympathetically as he put his notebook back to its bag and went close to Maple so she could support her weigh on him, and waited until she was ready to start moving. He started feeling slightly bad again from seeing her in that shape, even though he had moved most of the blame to the stallion, he still blamed himself a little bit.

Edited by The Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

Maple leaned on Speechless her face turn a little red since she was embarrassed "Sorry that you have to do this. I hate to burden you so much." She coughed a bit since her lungs were still in a lot of pain that hurt her too. "Hope your mother's ok with you showing up suddenly..."

• Brohoof 1

Speechless let out positive noises as reply to both of Maple's comments since he really couldn't use his notebook because his healthy wing was on Maple's side, and using his hoofs to write while supporting her would have been a risk to fall over.

When Maple was ready, Speechless started walking, keeping the pace slow enough so Maple wouldn't have any problems, and due that slow pace, the estimated 10 minutes didn't hold and it took about double that time until they arrived to a ground floor of an apartment building, and there, Speechless pointed at the stairs in front of them, and made a sound that had a question like tone. 

• Brohoof 1

Maple looked at them and nodded "I can do it... Not... by myself though..." She said looking at Speechless she seemed happy that He was helping her as much as he could. I mean they met yesterday but still here he was doing as much as he could to help. She didn't voice that opinion but she really did feel it.

• Brohoof 1

And so, with really careful pace, Speechless helped Maple up the one set of stairs that was left of the travel, and luckily the stairs weren't steep, so it was less challenging than Speechless had anticipated, but it wasn't too easy either. He didn't mind helping Maple, sure he was generally helpful pony, but after Maple had stopped breathing and he had helped her, the thought of not helping her had became just impossibility.

When they reached the top of the stairs, Speechless stopped for a second, panting a little, he hadn't rested since they had left Fluttershy's cottage, so he was getting little tired from everything. After few moments of resting, Speechless moved with Maple to a door and knocked.

Edited by The Cerberus

Maple was a bit nervous, She was meeting Speechless' parents sure but she had planned to do that but she had planned for it to be tomorrow. Now here she was out of the blue and she was going to ask them for help. She knew that help was hard to find in manehatten though so she was still feeling like this was the best option.

There was talking on the other side of the door, and soon the door opened a little and Speechless' father could be seen "Oh, It's you" he said with a smile as he opened the door more "And I take it that this is Maple" his tone was friendly, and it was clear that he was happy but surprised to see them "Welcome.". Then also Speechless' mother could be heard just before she too came to view "It's not like you to come unannounced Speechless, is everything..." "Oh dear, you're injured, bring her to the guest room" His mother then disappeared to another room and his father closed the door after them, "Would you like to take some tea?"

Maple sighed relieved at their positive reaction "Yes, I am Maple." She said responded to His father. "Tea would be great thank you." Maple said gratefully, but still sounding weak. She let Speechless lead her to the guest room for a bit since Walking on her own was still a challen

After Maple's answer, Speechless' father nodded and walked into the kitchen, and Speechless started leading Maple forward. The apartment wasn't anything special, there was a bigger room in the middle that was furnished like a living room with dining table in one of the corners and two doors in one of the walls, and straight from the front door there was the kitchen. Speechless lead Maple through the living room area to a small bedroom that only had a big double bed and pretty much nothing else.

When in the room, Speechless gestured to Maple to go on the bed, and his mother came in with small amount of medical supplies, "Sit down, or lay down, which is more comfortable, I'll check your injuries and do my best to make them more bearable" she said to Maple in friendly tone while Speechless made his way out of the room "So, what happened to you two?"

Maple, after laying on the bed looked at her "We... went exploring... How this happened is a long story." Maple said brushing it off. "And don't worry about me too much Ms. I'll be ok, I've gone through a lot worse. Don't feel like you have to help." Maple smiled at Speechless' Mother, however, she seemed like she'd need help no matter how much she brushed it off.

"Ah, I see, I don't need to know the details." Speechless' Mother said as she came next to Maple so she could examine her injuries "And of course I have to help you, but if you feel like you're being a burden, you can think I'm doing this for Speechless, he's worried about you." She then started checking Maple, she carefully tested her bones and listened her breathing, "Oh, and call me Midnight" 

Meanwhile Speechless was sitting in the living room and his father was taking care of his wing. 

(OOC: You need to tell the injuries since I don't know them exactly.)

Her leg was still slightly broke but that wasn't the worst part. When Midnight put pressure on Maple's ribs they caved very slightly "Gah!" She coughed again and her ribs managed to position themselves properly from the pushing of her lungs "T... That's the worst part of it..." Maple said squirming a bit so Midnight didn't poke her chest again. "Please avoid doing that again if you can..."

"Oh dear, I'm very sorry" Midnight apologized, not continuing with the checking "I can wrap up your leg, but I'm afraid I can't do anything to your broken ribs besides give you analgesic"  she started looking through the supplies she had brought "Is there pain anywhere else?"

Edited by The Cerberus

Maple shook her head concentrating on keeping her breathing "Nowhere else hurts thought I was lucky your son was watching out for me... As for the ribs they're just compressable for now it's best I just stay off my hooves for a while. My parents are in Ponyville if You'd rather me not stay the full recovery. Thought being honest Speechless might want me around." She laughed lightly

Midnight started wrapping up Maple's leg, "We don't mind you two staying here." "But you should at least send a letter to your parents so they don't get worried" she said before continuing with a chuckle "And I agree with you about Speechless, I can see it from him, he likes you."

"Thank you Midnight." Maple said, "For both helping me and letting me stay..." Maple yawned, it was quiet but long. "Maybe I should get some rest... I did go through a lot... I had rested before we left bu the walk here was taxing. Actually the tea you said you were going to make would help me relax a bit so it would be easier to go to sleep." She relaxed on the bed feeling that it was pretty comfortable, "I need to apologize to Speechless anyways... It was my idea for us to explore anyways."

"No need to thank me" Midnight said kindly and finished with Maple's leg, and took out a small medicine bottle and put it on a stool used as a nightstand next to Maple, "If pain stops you from sleeping drink this, It's combination of herbs that reduces pain and helps you sleep." she then proceeded to collect the medical supplies she had brought and made his way to the door "Oh, I almost forgot to ask, are you okay with sharing the room with Speechless or do you want to be alone?"

Meanwhile Speechless walked from the kitchen holding two teacups coming towards the room.

Maple shook her head. "It's alright if he's in here. I owe him my life twice anyways. Your son is very heroic Midnight, you should be proud." She smiled at her and thought of asking for something to use to write but she could write a letter when she got up later. "And again big thanks for helping." She said as a response to her setting that small mix of herbs on the stool.

"Twice?" Midnight asked surprised with almost motherly worry in her tone but then returned the smile. After a moment Speechless reached door, and after having a short wordless conversation with his mother, he came in and put the two teacups on the stool, sitting on the floor next to it.

Edited by The Cerberus

Maple sat up "Oh hey Speechless." And don't worry about what I said Midnight We're both alright and that's all that really matters..." She coughed again not getting enough air from normal breathing. "Sorry... Could you get me somthing to write a letter with Ms. Midnight?" She asked politely. "If you don't mind of course."