Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Mute And the Outcasted (1x1 With The Ceberus)

Maple Bat

Maple got up, it hurt sure but she had to do this, and put her hoof on his shoulder "Speechless... I stopped breathing... and then what did you do? You did what you could..." She hugged him "And you did it well... You did it like a hero." She moved out of the hug. "No matter how dangerous things got you never ran away. I really worried that you were going to when the snake showed up but you didn't you calmly spoke with it. When I needed you... You were there. Me I was too but I had to since I'm supposed to as the captain of the guard. You... You had... No reason to protect me. We had known each other less than a day. I was doing my job... You were doing the right thing." Maple summarized embracing him again.

Speechless got surprised by the hug, but he did calm down, and he felt the self-guilt fading away, and though he still believed to have part in maple's misfortune, he did forgive himself. He finally raised his eyes from the floor and even though his eyes weren't dried up yet, he was smiling, and also little embarrassed.

Maple, from her own speech, had felt bad about herself. She started tearing up "I'm sorry... I should have protected you for more than just my namesake. I was selfish and irresponsible, and reckless." She looked at her armor which she had taken off before sleeping. "Like I always am..." She looked down now, It seemed after Cheering up Speechless she only seemed to make her seem helpless. Something she'd worked hard to not become... Something she feared.

Speechless wrote quickly when he noticed Maple started feeling down again, but before he even tried to get Maple look at it, not knowing any other way to cheer ponies up, he hugged Maple, making sure he didn't accidentally hurt her, and after moving out of the hug, he turned his notebook so she could read it, "You may be reckless, but you are not selfish." Selfish pony wouldn't apologize for not being perfect." "Selfish pony wouldn't feel bad for somepony else's scratch, when they themselves can't even walk properly."

Maple smiled a bit "Thanks." She said looking at him in the eyes. "I'm still sorry though. If I'd tried harder... Then you wouldn't have anything to blame yourself for. Well... at any rate, you forgive yourself, right? I'll be ok as long as you're ok." Maple wiped away some of her tears. Hoping he would forgive himself.

Speechless also looked to Maple's eyes as he made a agreeing sound, and started writing his response, "Yes, but you also have to stop blaming yourself, about anything." "I'm not blaming you for anything, I know my parents don't blame you on anything." "Like you said we both messed up in there, and both wanted to protect each other."  he turned the notebook away and added more text, but when he finished it, there was uncertainty, like if he wasn't sure if he should show it, but he did. "Remember last night when you asked if I was scared down there, and I told I was, but didn't know what it was I was scared of?"

Edited by The Cerberus

Maple read it "Yea I remember that..." She paused "I was scared down there you know... when you saved me I realized why. I had become helpless... I saw hurt and weak I could barely even walk by myself. Did you find out what you where scared of?" Maple tilted her head confused.

Speechless replied with understanding smile when Maple admitted that she had been scared too, and for Maple's question, he nodded and started writing. He kept several pauses when he wrote, seemingly struggling with words, like not knowing how to say what he wanted to say. Finally he finished writing and turned it so Maple could read it, "After I told my parents briefly what happened, I started repeating everything in my head and" There was a start of a word but it was smudged over, "I was scared of you getting hurt more." "I remember when the stallion came first in the room, I was in full defense, I was ready to attack him, like a timberwolf protecting its own." "I have never been like that before." He was embarrassed, he didn't know how Maple would react, and naturally he feared the worst. 

"I understand that. It was probably becuase you felt that you had caused the pain to me in the first place so you didn't want me getting worse so your instincts kicked in." Maple nuddged Speechless gently "Shows really care though so thanks." Maple had a stupid Idea but decided it was too stupid for now and would do it if Speechless decided to fell down again. "You're alright now. Right?

Speechless nodded with a smile, he then remembered he had brought tea with him and drank his now cold tea. He then stood up, since sitting on the floor wasn't super comfortable, and then wrote, "Thank you" "And sorry that you had to get up to cheer me up." "That reminds me, how are you feeling, has the tea helped with your chest-pain." "And would you like something else with those apples I brought? Pie? Cider? Chocolate milk?" 

Edited by The Cerberus

"I'm alright." Maple said smiling "Thank you." She climbed back onto the bed and dranks some of the cold tea but was still grateful to at least have it. She relaxed "I owe you. If I can ever do anything to make it up to you let me know when I'm better and I'll do it. Promise."

Speechless didn't feel that Maple owed him anything, but he didn't want to point it out, so he wrote with a smile. "I keep that in mind." he he took his empty teacup, but before he walked away with it, he wrote "So, You don't want or need anything?" He was going to the kitchen anyway, so he figured that if Maple needed something, he could bring it.

"I'm fine. Really. I'm not being stubborn the tea is enough." Maple said laying back down and relaxing with a much clearer head now. She tried a deeper breath it hurt so it was very staggered "Ugh. Well... Thanks for asking if I wanted something."

Speechless nodded and proceeded to leave the room, going to the kitchen, and after having short conversation with his father, he came back. On his way Speechless grabbed a empty piece of paper with him, and when he came to the room, instead of sitting on the floor, he walked to his side of the room and sat on the bed. He then took out his notebook and started erasing the writing.

Maple watched him for a minute and assumed that he was making some space in the notebook for more writing. She sunk her fangs into one of the many apples Speechless had brough her. She smiled seeing he was so concerned about her well being. She watched Speechless for a minute but didn't say anything to him.

Speechless indeed was clearing more space in the notebook for more writing, but instead of just erasing everything right away, he read every sentence before erasing them, just in case there was something he thought he could need in the future. Speechless was too focused to his doings to notice that Maple was watching him. 

Maple sighed not due to pain or sadness but she was relaxed. "Hey, I noticed your mother is gone. She works? If so where does she work? I'm curious." Maple smiled not wanting to impose she wanted to know as much but she still cared enough to know

Speechless took the piece of paper he had taken with him and wrote to it, "I'm not sure what it's called, but she helps other ponies in their homes." "Everything from treating injuries you can treat at home, to housework, and to just keeping company."

Edited by The Cerberus

Maple liked that but wasn't sure what it was either "That's nice of her. Sounds like a rather fulfilling job. Like my mother's job of taking care of animals people pay her for it but she doesn't like getting paid for it. Funny story actually she once went into town with me and everyone gave her free things for animal care. Food, Healthcare stuff, The whole nine yards. And she accepted it but I could tell she felt bad for just taking it all." Maple laughed

Speechless laughed too, he could imagine Fluttershy feeling bad for getting free stuff, though when he thought about it, he probably would too, but then again, unlike he, Fluttershy actually deserved to get it. He wrote on the piece of paper with a smile "It's not surprising she would feel like that, after all, she is the most kind pony around." He then proceeded with his notebook erasing, but then he suddenly ripped off one of the pages and scrunched it, then just dropping it next to him.

"That's her element after all." Maple added She noticed what Speechless did but didn't say anything about it. Taking another drink of tea she felt another pain in her chest and sighed not really wanting to bother Speechless as he kept erasing from his book.

Speechless didn't continue for a long before he sighed and stopped, he didn't feel like continuing, because reading the his part of the conversations relating to their little adventure made him feel slightly down, after all, it had happened yesterday. The scrunched piece of paper that was now laying next to him had been the page which he had used to explain the events to his parents, and he had ripped it off because he knew he didn't want to read it. 

Maple wondered if her mom was gonna show up, she was the overprotective type she figured that her mother would get the letter around midday earlier. Maple stood up again trying it to see if she could and she didn't feel too much pain. "You... wanna go for a walk?"

Maple smiled and stepped out of the room stretching a bit and then regretting it. "Ow..." She positioned herself again "Alright there we go. Ready speechless?" She asked as she went to the door but was looking behind her waiting for him to write something.