Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Mute And the Outcasted (1x1 With The Ceberus)

Maple Bat

"Oh, of course, just a second." Midnight said as she walked where she had taken the medical supplies from and put them back in, before disappearing to the room next to the room Maple and Speechless was in. It took only few moments before Midnight came back with piece of paper and envelope, and gave them to Speechless, who then gave them to Maple. Speechless also took out his pen that he used to write to his notebook and gave it to Maple. Midnight then left Maple and Speechless and went to join Speechless' father on the dinner table.

"Thank you." Maple said before Midnight left. Maple wrote a letter relatively quickly it took her a bit to remember her address however for some odd reason. After she remembered she sealed the envelope setting it aside for now and giving the pen back to speechless. "Pretty rough day huh?" She said sarcastically "It was exciting at least. I learned that there was a pony down there at least." She smiled.

Speechless nodded and let out an agreeing sound, he was looking lot more happy now that they were in a place where they could rest and where they were safe. He took a sip of his tea and took his notebook and pointed at a question, "How are you feeling?"

"Not a lot better but at least I know it's not worse." Maple said nervously. She grabbed the tea and drank some "But enough about me. Speechless how are you? Knowing both physically and Mentally how you feel. Where you scared down there? If we'd havn't gotten hurt would you still feel the way you do now?"

Speechless looked little hesitant but he started writing, keeping small pauses in between writing, "My wing is fine, it only aches a little bit." "And mentally, I'm relieved, I'm feeling good now." There was little bit of smudge like he wasn't sure what to write, "And was I scared, in a way yes." "Sure it was terrifying to be face to face with giant snake and all, but generally, I wasn't scared in a way I would be if I was trapped in for example dangerous cave in Everfree forest, I wasn't scared of getting injured, or even the possibility of never getting out, but I still felt scared about something." "And for the last question, well, I guess i wouldn't feel relieved, since there wouldn't be anything to be relieved about." "And I would feel less guilty."

"Well..." Maple said laying back down "Glad you're ok. I feel guilty because your wing but since you can still use it fine now the holes are an Icebreaker for you." She relaxed. "And... Sorry for taking what I assume to be your bed for when you visit your parents but I do need it right now. I know you know that and I'm glad you're so nice. You've been really nothing but nice to me so far. Thanks."

Speechless smiled but also looked little embarrassed from Maple mentioning his niceness, he wrote, "Like I told back there, the wing isn't your fault, I was the one to put it in the chest and now afterwards I know I would have gotten you out without risking my wing." "And don't worry about the bed, this is called guest room for a reason, besides, even if it was my room and it wasn't big double bed, I wouldn't still mind, because like you said, you need it more." he then wrote little more, "And I want to thank you too, for putting up with me."

Maple laughed "Well not many are willing to be around a vampire fruit bat. Like I told you when we met. I'm nice to those who will actually see that I'm much different than I appear." Her eyes shifted away from speechless "Then again you aren't exactly only a bat yourself. It's been fun so far Speechless... But... RIght now I need to sleep. Spend some time with your family they seem like great people." Maple shifted to see if Speechless wanted to say anything to her.

Speechless nodded and pointed at "Sleep well." from his notebook before putting it back to his bag. He then took the teacups and the letter and walked out of the room, leaving Maple to her rest. It had been long night and morning was inevitably closing in, so Speechless wouldn't be long with his parents, since he too was getting very tired. 

After Speechless left Maple sighed. Well, you still feel like a burden but at least you can make it up to them later. She thought. A few minutes of trying to sleep later and she felt she couldn't so she drank the medicine that Midnight had left her. A bit after than Maple finally managed to go to sleep. It was a deep sleep too.

After sending the letter and telling his parents generally what he and Maple had been through, leaving out the stallion and the whole secret treasure part, Speechless too choose to hit the hay. He entered the guest room as quietly as he could and felt little sympathetic after seeing the empty medicine bottle. He walked to his side of the room and laid on the bed, staying close to the edge, as he too fell asleep. 

Maple didn't wake up even after her normal point of waking up which was right around when Celestia lowered the sun. She was alright as she was breathing as she had been and looked alright but she was just sleeping in so Speechless would wake up before she did.

Speechless woke up little later than usual and it took him few seconds to remember where he was. He yawned and stretched before sneaking out of the room so he wouldn't disturb Maple, and he looked at her once before heading to the kitchen. Speechless' father was in the kitchen and his mother had gone to work. 

Maple eventually started to stir and woke up. She sat up and felt pain in her chest remembering what all happened, she laid back down but on her side not her back unsure if she'd made any progress on her recovery and she didn't want to stay for a long time but she figured she'd have to.

Speechless and his father were sitting on the dinner table when Maple woke up and when they noticed it, Speechless got up and went to the kitchen, soon coming out with cup of tea and few apples. When Speechless passed the dinner table, his father said something to him, making him look little embarrassed for few second. When he got to the room, he did a greeting nod to Maple and put the tea and the apples on the stool. He also took out a separate piece of paper showed it to Maple, "The tea has similar pain reducing herbs like the medicine, but without the tiring effect."

Maple took the tea from him "Thanks." She said weakly and tiredly. Waking up was hard if you were still getting rid of something that helped you sleep that was in your blood stream. She took a drink of the tea and let out a deep breath. "Tell your father thank you as well." She said to Speechless."

Speechless replied with a smile and a nod and took the empty medicine bottle, taking it out of the room. Meanwhile his father came to the doorway, looking as friendly as always, "Speechless told little bit about what happened to you two." "Quite an experience to go through with someone you have known for a one night." 

Edited by The Cerberus

Maple looked at him "Yea. It was nice though. At first at least. I think when my chest got hurt was when it all started going downhill." She looked down. "Sorry I wasn't able to protect your son. Mostly I'm sorry because he got hurt... It's not what I wanted..." Maple's voice started to break and tearrs formed gently in her eyes "I'm... Sorry."

"There's no need to be sorry." Speechless' father said, trying to sound comforting "Neither of you should be sorry." "You both knowingly took the risk of going somewhere unknown, and both of you did your best to protect each other." "Sure things went downhill but so what? Failure makes us learn and trouble brings ponies closer." He looked over his shoulder towards the kitchen where Speechless was, and then back at Maple "Look, me and Midnight don't blame you for anything, you don't need worry about that, and Speechless..." he sighed "Well, he blames himself about everything that happened, and......he broke down last night, I have never seen him like that." He kept a little pause and sighed again "What I'm saying is that you both blame yourselves for each other's misfortune and you should talk it out, try to forgive to yourselves."

Edited by The Cerberus

"T... Thanks..." Maple siad to Speechless' father "Know you and Midnight don't blame me... It helps... I knew that your son didn't blame me already... Could you tell him I don't blame him... everything that happened to me I unintentionally caused. I'm reckless so it was gonna happen I'm just glad Speechless is ok..." She sighed with a odd tone.

"I think you should tell it yourself, like I said, talk it out." Speechless' father said, and then added "Besides, I'm his father, me saying it would be only temporary comfort." at this point Speechless was coming back, he had gotten himself a cup of tea and was carrying it with him. Speechless' father smiled, "I won't bother you two any longer, if you need anything, want to ask something, or just wanna have a conversation, I'll be in the kitchen." He then walked away at the same time as Speechless came in and put his tea on the stool, sitting on the ground again.

Edited by The Cerberus

"Hey, Speechless..." She said waving to him she sighed "Listen... Speechless about the tunnels... It's not your fault at all. Like the snake... I was the one who was dumb enough to try to fight it rahter than realizing 'Hey, I don't think I can beat a snake that's  that big.' " Maple chuckled "We both messed up in there, But we both had each other's backs as well. You're a good friend so don't blame yourself for not being able to keep me safe when. In reality I was working hard to keep you safe." She smiled at him

Speechless got little confused at first because it came out of nowhere, but after he understood what Maple had said, he looked down, almost like avoiding Maple's glance, it took a while after he had finished writing before he turned the notebook so Maple could read it  "But it's my fault we were there in the first place, I was leading when we got trapped with that snake, I was the one asking pointless questions, giving you the idea to explore." "I was the one who activated that fire trap, I almost killed you.". In the end there was little smudge, like he had wanted to continue but didn't, there also were few fresh drops of water on the page...(tears) He still didn't look at her.

Edited by The Cerberus

"Hey. You didn't almost kill me. Trust me I know a lot of people who would love to know you if you did." She laughed again "Anyways. I've been in much worse condition than this. The fire trap was my fault I was the one who walked into a intensely hot and smoke-filled room, even after my lungs had been crushed sorta by a snake, after you pulled me out of it and even after I passed out you came back and saved me despite the risk of your own life. You're a good friend speechless. You know, No matter how mcuh you think I hate you because I almost died look. It was my fault but you risked yourself to save me." She smiled at him crying a bit "I was gonna explore anyways but if I had withour you I would have died so... Yea I owe you.

Speechless still kept his head down, tears dripping down, he wrote again, but this time after finishing, he just dropped the notebook next to him, but it landed in a way Maple could still read it, "I wanted to warn you, I wanted to shout, ask you to stop, but I couldn't." "And then you didn't breath." There was a line starting from the last period indicating that he had still pressed the paper with the pen when he dropped the notebook.

Edited by The Cerberus