Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP video game.

CastletonSnob

I've been wondering the same thing. Doesn't Steven Universe even have a video game? I really don't understand why there hasn't been one for MLP by now. Well, if they ever come out with one, I'll definitely play it! :D

I'm sure Hasbro would be concerned with the clopping thing and their brand. Meme's and art are one thing, playing games with kids online quite another. Other than that I share the same disappointment that there hasn't been anything.

I kinda envisioned a stand-alone RPG, like a turn-based anime style fantasy - Equestria meets Phantasy Star!

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Yamet said:

Eh, I doubt that any mlp game would be worth playing. I mean, it's going to be made for the target audience, and those kind of games aren't usually very fun. 

Bronies are too niche to have a game targeted at them?

I would love it, but for the target audience, I doubt there'd be much demand for what we want anyway, especially with online interaction. It's hard to control those things, and it would be too big a risk to put effort into if it could fail and hurt their reputation for any bad experiences online.

As much as I'd love that, Hasbro seems content in shitting out more phone games. Though this day and age, I think a FiM video game can work depending on the developer, there's already a reputable dev willing to make one in Wayforward. I can see an RPG or a platformer working for this

Spoiler

Though my dream MLP games are a Platinum-developed action game(preferably by Kenji Saito) and/or a Persona-like EQG game

• Brohoof 1

I would absolutely love to play it. A 3D platformer or an RPG would be awesome. Though if I was in charge, I would make a game inspired by Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons, with some Rune Factory-esque fantasy elements. You would design an OC avatar and settle in Ponyville, watching the events of the series (plus brand new stories) unfold around you while you make a living as a resident.

• Brohoof 1

It's to much effort and I doubt that it would sell well enough for it to be worth it. 

And even if Hasbro would make a game for some reason it wouldn't be made for us. It would be made for little girls.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Gestum said:

It's to much effort and I doubt that it would sell well enough for it to be worth it. 

And even if Hasbro would make a game for some reason it wouldn't be made for us. It would be made for little girls.

Why wouldn't it be made for us?

2 minutes ago, VG_Addict said:

Why wouldn't it be made for us?

Because the we aren't the target audinence for the franchinse. Little girls are and thus it would be made for them.

• Brohoof 2

49 minutes ago, Gestum said:

Because the we aren't the target audinence for the franchinse. Little girls are and thus it would be made for them.

Doesn't mean little girls can't get good games :P

1 hour ago, Whompy Whomperson said:

Doesn't mean little girls can't get good games :P

They can, but they have to tone down the difficulty :dash: . Maybe some sort of building stuff might work, as long as it's like Harvest Moon rather than the farmville mobile one we got :dash: 

• Brohoof 4

21 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

They can, but they have to tone down the difficulty :dash: . Maybe some sort of building stuff might work, as long as it's like Harvest Moon rather than the farmville mobile one we got :dash: 

The original Rayman's bright and colorful graphics disguise one of the hardest platformers of all time. You don't want to alienate little girls like that!

I'd love a game of any kind really.  There seems to be a rather large overlap of gamers and Bronies, enough so that EB Games stores sell pony merch.  Of course, it's hard to say what genre would work best for that.  Then again, people will buy stupid stuff like Goat Simulator or Grass Simulator, so how about a Unicorn Simulator.  Oh, I got it!  How about something akin to the Atelier games starring Starlight Glimmer as Twilight's apprentice as she ventures out for ingredients for potions and partners with other characters like Trixie and Discord to battle all manner of hostile creatures of the Everfree Forest and other locations so she can safely return with whatever ingredients she searches for?  

The only problem i can think of is what is it gonna be about? Is it going to be like a open sim world? Or there's a fan made game called Legend of Equestria which is pretty fun if you haven't tried it. You can talk and interact with people online there and get quests.

It would be interesting. There do exist an iOS video game of my little pony.

Edited by SunshineFlow

I really do hope there is a console/pc game that's either roleplay, platform, or adventure oriented. I have an idea where you get to play as your own character with customizable pony avatars (choices of female/male, unicorn/pegasus/earth pony, and other details such as cutie marks. For those with OCs, they can play through the game as your character.) You can interact and befriend other ponies (especially the mane six but also side and background characters). Not to mention visiting locations such as the ponies houses and businesses in Ponyville or visiting other parts of Equestria such as Canterlot, Cloudsdale, and the Everfree Forest. Maybe you can even play as any of the mane six and I can also see Spike acting as a guide.

I know there's already the phone game, but it runs through the freemium model which can sometimes take the joy out of playing. Finding gems is rather difficult and time consuming and the only way to speed things up and get more ponies/anything requiring gems is by paying real money. The game also starts feeling more repetitive later on.

Edited by Floyd