Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's with all the characters' lack of appearances?

FirePuppy

51 minutes ago, Philweasel said:

The Mane 6 not getting so much attention makes perfect sense to me, because they have the movie! Given that, I feel it's the perfect opportunity to flesh out the side characters in the series proper.

Rainbow Dash really needs... something though. As mentioned, season 6 sucked for her, and she's barely been in this one.

Season 7 has rescued Twilight for me though. She's been boring and almost irrelevant for ages, yet she's had loads of appearances in this one.

Rarity's lack of appearances don't bother me, because season 6 had her in every other episode.

Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie seem to be on par with every other season.

Applejack... well she's not doing too bad, considering one of her episodes is considered the season's best.

Well, after they have the movie, they'll all need more screen time in Season 8. Then again, maybe not too much, as after 7 seasons, my guts say that Twilight, Rainbow, Rarity, and Applejack are finished with the show anyway and will become secondary/"background" characters most of the time, while Fluttershy and Pinkie, who are "on par with" every other season, will remain main characters with Spike and Starlight.

You need to remember that Starlight will continue developing as a main character and may need to get more episodes next season, so as long as the ponies who are finished with the show get knocked out of the way, Starlight will get a lot more potential for that. I wouldn't even mind a threesome PinkieShy/Starlight episode, for one thing.

Edited by FirePuppy

It's pretty simple: the cast of characters in the show has expanded greatly, so each individual character get's used less. I think that's a good thing, use one character too much and you wear them out. 

• Brohoof 2

17 hours ago, Philweasel said:

The Mane 6 not getting so much attention makes perfect sense to me, because they have the movie! Given that, I feel it's the perfect opportunity to flesh out the side characters in the series proper.

This I completely agree with. The teaser for Marks and Recreation shows that there can be some interesting things done with these background characters that haven't been done before. 

1 hour ago, Ganondox said:

It's pretty simple: the cast of characters in the show has expanded greatly, so each individual character get's used less. I think that's a good thing, use one character too much and you wear them out. 

Also agreed. This is why I am fine if they limited Rarity to scenes and episodes that make sense. I would rather my favorite character be represented with quality over quantity. I feel similar about every character in just about every fiction I enjoy. Use them when it makes sense, not because you have to apply some cosmic rule of fairness. 

Rarity lost her Season 3 episode because the story didn't fit her character. That is what I hope the writers keep in mind as they craft these story ideas. 

• Brohoof 1

• 8 months later...
22 hours ago, titanhades70 said:

We don't need anymore Spike. Most of his episodes turn out bad, so it's best to keep him away from being the focus of too many episodes. 

You're going to have a hard time of it for the next two weeks, I think. ;)

(edited)
22 hours ago, titanhades70 said:

We don't need anymore Spike. Most of his episodes turn out bad, so it's best to keep him away from being the focus of too many episodes. 

He will get at least one good episode, from what I've heard.

And by the way, my predictions turned out to be the opposite of what I expected. It seems like Pinkie and Fluttershy are both only getting "garbage" episodes, all involving nothing about the new School of Friendship or its students, while ALL the others are each getting at least one.

Edited by FirePuppy

8 minutes ago, FirePuppy said:

And by the way, my predictions turned out to be the opposite of what I expected. It seems like Pinkie and Fluttershy are both only getting "garbage" episodes, all involving nothing about the new School of Friendship or its students, while ALL the others are each getting at least one.

Don't count your bad episodes before they air. I'd wait for the season to finish airing BEFORE labeling it as a good or bad season.

20 minutes ago, FirePuppy said:

He has two great episodes so far this season, and one potentially good one incoming! And who's to say he doesn't have a hidden 4th episode among some of them? ;)

1 hour ago, MegaSean45 said:

He has two great episodes so far this season, and one potentially good one incoming! And who's to say he doesn't have a hidden 4th episode among some of them? ;)

Uh, one's not really a Spike episode; he's only a main character in it. Sometimes, main characters in certain episodes are not really the main focuses, especially when their names aren't in the synopsis.

9 minutes ago, FirePuppy said:

Uh, one's not really a Spike episode; he's only a main character in it. Sometimes, main characters in certain episodes are not really the main focuses, especially when their names aren't in the synopsis.

Then what's Parental Glidance? Who's episode is that? :P

• 1 month later...

How I see it now, a possible reason why Season 7 had a bunch of main character absences is mainly because of The Movie. In Season 8, they all made appearances in approximately 70~75% of all episodes so far this season.

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 9:05 PM, Ganondox said:

A shame. I would like to see Cloudchaser and Flitter again.